200.gif
Dont Tell Me What To Do Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gift cards rustle my jimmies. They aren't gifts, they're just private tender. It's more appropriate for Hanukkah.
Back when gift cards were a new thing, you used to be able to get them for less than face value. Like $75 for $100 mall bucks. I'm still in shock that people buy those things for even money. With one exception. We buy grocery store gift cards for a druggie niece with kids. And we have to make sure we never give the kids anything she can pawn. Which means mostly we give them small gifts when she's not looking.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Back when gift cards were a new thing, you used to be able to get them for less than face value. Like $75 for $100 mall bucks. I'm still in shock that people buy those things. With one exception. We buy grocery store gift cards for a druggie niece with kids. And we have to make sure we never give the kids anything she can pawn. Which means mostly we give them small gifts when she's not looking.

Junkies sell the gift cards for less than they are worth so they can have cash. $50 gift card? Yours for $30. It is very hard to gift anything to people with substance abusive issues because almost anything can be turned to cash.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Back when gift cards were a new thing, you used to be able to get them for less than face value. Like $75 for $100 mall bucks. I'm still in shock that people buy those things. With one exception. We buy grocery store gift cards for a druggie niece with kids. And we have to make sure we never give the kids anything she can pawn. Which means mostly we give them small gifts when she's not looking.
Gift cards can be a deal now and again. For example, BJs will run sales on gift cards. Something like buy a $100 <insert company here> gift card for $92.50. IF its a brand you use/will use, it's a real dollar savings.

Goatface

dollar general has also has them on sale from time to time, like 20% off certain restaurants or 15% off lowe's. think the local movie theater has deal, but discounts only starts over $100.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

People needing to be needlessly insert political retardation into their content.

what is wrong with people that something like that triggers them so? Nevermind, liberalism mind rot.

and did this moron ever use one? It mattered, perhaps not with just CD but it setup your bios boot order if you were not going into bios etc guess he just is mad that there are indeed only 2 spots on IDE so why have jumpers etc

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why should anyone care or pay attention to a person like that? Let him squeal and whine and be ignored.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm just extra triggered by this, but I fucking can't stand it when someone comes to my desk and points at shit on my monitor and actually touches the screen, including swiping their finger across it, etc. One guy has long fingernails (which is fucking gross if you're a dude, I don't care what anyone says) and I can literally hear the nail scraping across the screen. But if I say something it will likely become an office meme that you better not touch Void's screen or he'll get butthurt, blah blah. And, I didn't pay for any of this shit so I guess I hope they fuck it up and I get a newer, better one? But to me that's just fucking rude to put your fingers all over someone's shit.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
But if I say something it will likely become an office meme that you better not touch Void's screen or he'll get butthurt

IMO, lean into it. I used to have that problem and I kept alcohol wipes nearby. Made sure to bust them out and wipe the screen down any time someone touched it with their greasy dick skinners. People got the message sort of. Those who could not learn eventually started cleaning the screen themselves.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
IMO, lean into it. I used to have that problem and I kept alcohol wipes nearby. Made sure to bust them out and wipe the screen down any time someone touched it with their greasy dick skinners. People got the message sort of. Those who could not learn eventually started cleaning the screen themselves.
Start doing it like as they're pointing, follow their finger, then just stare at them as they ask you what the fuck

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mandriana

Start doing it like as they're pointing, follow their finger, then just stare at them as they ask you what the fuck
Fuck that, give them the wipes and tell them to wipe your screen that they just hand jizzed all over. Be sure to comment about how greasy their hands are and ask them if they forgot to wash their hands after they took a shit, piss, or picked their nose, etc.

Make them do the work, then embarrass them for doing so.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK hear me out, get those static cling screen privacy filters, and then spray tacky 3m adhesive to them. Carefully stick them on, the next time they come over and touch it they'll just rip it off and it will be like a glue trap.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
One guy has long fingernails (which is fucking gross if you're a dude, I don't care what anyone says)
Wait there are people who disagree with this IRL?

I thought that was one of those universal things like ugly people, where even newborns will show the same response

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What's long? I personally can't stand mine past like 1mm. I would accept maybe 2-3 max.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
what is wrong with people that something like that triggers them so? Nevermind, liberalism mind rot.

and did this moron ever use one? It mattered, perhaps not with just CD but it setup your bios boot order if you were not going into bios etc guess he just is mad that there are indeed only 2 spots on IDE so why have jumpers etc
I remember like 14 years ago working at my college IT Helpdesk and saying something about slaving the failing drive so we could extract the data from it, and my manager asked all awkwardly if that was the official term for it. Remember a woman asking if dongle was the technical term for the thing I was sticking into her laptop 😏. Someone concerned about the captcha software used on the site requiring users to spell the word cotton…

• 5Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users