Whats rustling your jimmies?

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Maybe I'm just extra triggered by this, but I fucking can't stand it when someone comes to my desk and points at shit on my monitor and actually touches the screen, including swiping their finger across it, etc. One guy has long fingernails (which is fucking gross if you're a dude, I don't care what anyone says) and I can literally hear the nail scraping across the screen. But if I say something it will likely become an office meme that you better not touch Void's screen or he'll get butthurt, blah blah. And, I didn't pay for any of this shit so I guess I hope they fuck it up and I get a newer, better one? But to me that's just fucking rude to put your fingers all over someone's shit.
Next time he does it tell him “You know that’s not a touch screen right?”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Every time I have to set up a new Windows 11 computer for someone at work (and I'm not anywhere near real IT so none of this imaging stuff or whatever) I'm reminded how much I absolutely fucking hate that Microsoft changed the way you set up default apps to purposely make it harder to get away from their native apps.

For those not knowing what I mean, in Windows 10 you could choose something generic like "Images" and then select the default app, and it would change pretty much all of the standard image extensions (bmp, jpg, png, etc.) to use that app. Or you could drill down and choose just one specific extension if you wanted to handle it differently. Now in 11, you ONLY get the drilled down version, so if you want to change all of the image extensions you have to do the same fucking procedure like 20 times for every extension. I'm quite certain they feel that most of us aren't going to bother doing all of them by hand and just give in.

Which leads me to a further pondering, what do they actually fucking gain by me using Windows Photo to open an image instead of Irfanview?? I get why they want you to use Edge, but who gives a fuck if I don't use their native image or video apps? Is there some hidden tracking or ads I'm not aware of?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
So there’s a “Sober” living house down the street from me. For a while there was always always beer cans and bottles in my yard. I’m on the corner so as they come up the street they toss their shit in my yard so they’re not caught with it. They hired a new manager about 6 months ago and cleaned it up… or so I thought. Been noticing more garbage in the yard as of late and yesterday I came home to this.
IMG_6940.jpeg

Decided that enough was enough so I picked it up and filled it with water. Drove by late last night and threw it in their yard. Only regret is not seeing who picked it up and if they took a swig from it.

• 5Worf
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Water? not acetone?

Son, am disappoint.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tell client who is concerned about the cost of an asset, that I can save him probably 5%-10% with a redesign.

Client says cool, that works.

Redesign saves client 7.48%.

Client still not happy.

Me:

1704839647737.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought a new house. Show up today and no electricity. Texas about to have a multi-day freeze. Power company won’t turn it on because there is a huge past due balance from the prior owner that I now have to pay. Fucker from India called me racist because I called him out for lying about being in the US (I am in a foul mood, so my patience is thin).

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Bought a new house. Show up today and no electricity. Texas about to have a multi-day freeze. Power company won’t turn it on because there is a huge past due balance from the prior owner that I now have to pay. Fucker from India called me racist because I called him out for lying about being in the US (I am in a foul mood, so my patience is thin).
Sold a house. Called water co to shut off water 1 day after my departure from the state. 45 minutes from check in at airline, took a shower. Water got turned off. Me, all soaped up. Called water company and hollered at them, woman told me they had no one in the area...false...call the guy who turned it off to turn it back on again. 10 mins later water back on, finished showering and QUITE MAD. I was not looking forward to using bottles of water and wet wipes to desoap myself.

We live in a time when people don't know what number follows 1.

All I can say is these people were lucky I was not exposed to large amounts of gamma radiation as a young scientist.

• 1Bullshit
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How did your RE and closing agent not verify all the utilities were not paid in full the day before closing? That is part of their job. If it's a big bill tell them to compensate you or you will sue them .

• 1Like
  • 1Bullshit

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Prior owner or the power company rep? Like Sanrith said, I'm sure a lot can be fixed with time you dont have, and going after title company or whoever that did not see the house as being free and clear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Excessive cold in a mild winter state. One of the myriad reasons I left CO. Now I'm out at -10 or so in the dark trying to keep critters alive.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am legitimately rustled by all you global warming deniers in here whining about negative temps.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like