Whats rustling your jimmies?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People letting their animals go feral or get loose.

Past couple months on my commute I've been treated to not one but two different cat carcasses slowly becoming one with the pavement. Today a German shepherd looking dog was added to the pavement.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
People letting their animals go feral or get loose.

Past couple months on my commute I've been treated to not one but two different cat carcasses slowly becoming one with the pavement. Today a German shepherd looking dog was added to the pavement.
I'll second that.

Yesterday my neighbor texted me about a loose bird he though was ours. He sent a picture of it, and we found out it belonged to an asian family down the street that we knew had birds. This same family had a bird a year ago, that they left on their patio and it was destroyed by a cat. Now they have more birds. My jimmies got rustled by the picture because the bird that was loose was clearly in bad shape. It's never been groomed (nails were too long and curling, with some missing), its feet were deformed from an infection known as bumblefoot, its feathers were in bad shape, and it's cere (nose) indicated that it may be sick. These people, who also have a dog, clearly just buy pets and don't care for them.

• 5Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
There has been someone working on the condo below me for about a few weeks now, hammering/drilling noise almost every day.

Yesterday my water is shut off all of a sudden. I let the HOA know that there was no notice of a water shut off. Find out person below me shut off the water to do some plumbing without letting management/owners know. The door is wide open and it's some Mexican dude with his little kid working on the place.

Tell him to turn it back on and he didn't tell anyone ahead of time (supposed to be at least 24 hour notice). Keeps saying he needs 30 more minutes, told him no put it back on you can't turn a whole building of people's water off like that. Finally gets turned on about 10 minutes later.

Find out from the HOA it's some management company that owns it and they are denying they were working on the place. So they cheaped out and hired some random Mexican dude to fix up their condo to rent out instead of getting professionals. All of a sudden today the dude isn't working on the unit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I bought a Ryobi air compressor on Amazon. It was exactly the same price as Home Depot, so all I was 'gaining' was I didn't have to go TO Home Depot. Today the thing shows up. Right on top, where you can see it pain as day is a sticker 'Factory Blemished'. !? I looked at the seller and no where is that mentioned. I don't see any blemishes but I'm seriously considering sending it back for that bait and switch bullshit.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I bought a Ryobi air compressor on Amazon. It was exactly the same price as Home Depot, so all I was 'gaining' was I didn't have to go TO Home Depot. Today the thing shows up. Right on top, where you can see it pain as day is a sticker 'Factory Blemished'. !? I looked at the seller and no where is that mentioned. I don't see any blemishes but I'm seriously considering sending it back for that bait and switch bullshit.

This shit rustles me fierce. Not just Amazon, but every fucking online seller does this shit now and probably just hopes you’re too lazy to send it back. Fuck them. They can pay for the return shipping or can give me a refund. Don’t put up with that shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
We stopped using Amazon, unless it’s something generic where a knock off is fine, like pencils for the kids. Most of the time we can get stuff local for the same price or a few bucks more at worse. To good to be true prices on Amazon typically are. You get knock offs or refurbished items. When we first cancelled prime, we created a shopping list to build up to free shipping and would order all of the items together. That didn’t last long. We just stopped browsing there all together.

joz123

Potato del Grande
We stopped using Amazon, unless it’s something generic where a knock off is fine, like pencils for the kids. Most of the time we can get stuff local for the same price or a few bucks more at worse. To good to be true prices on Amazon typically are. You get knock offs or refurbished items. When we first cancelled prime, we created a shopping list to build up to free shipping and would order all of the items together. That didn’t last long. We just stopped browsing there all together.
I was waiting for a pan I ordered from Amazon and when I opened the box found out they replaced it with 3 spray cleaners. The pan went out of stock and instead of canceling they did that. Shady shit.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Update : More I thought about this the madder I got. It's going back , fuck them! I'll go to HD in the morning and get one. Problem with going to HD is its as bad as going to the PC store.........especially if your name is Lanx Lanx

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
automatic bullshit built into cars that you can't turn off.

We picked up a new used minivan to replace our old one. This mother fucker
  1. automatically locks all the car doors as soon as you start, but never automatically unlocks them for you later. cause fuck you, thats why.
  2. turns on fucking schoolbus style flashing lights if you open either side door. cause fuck you, theres no reason to open a side door except for unloading kids in traffic.
  3. leaves the radio playing for about 30-60 seconds after you turn off the car as some kind of dumbass "convenience". I can't even figure out the reason for this one except for fuck you.
  4. when you park and turn off the headlights, they actually stay on for about 2 minutes then turn off themselves later. cause fuck you, you dumbass, you didnt actually want to turn those headlights off did you?
I'm sure there are more wonderful "features" I havent discovered yet.

Fucking thing, I actually really enjoy driving it compared to our old one but I can't wait til it dies. I only wish it would take its designers with it when it does.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

My favorite is auto makers think we're too dumb to understand how anything in life works, so the button for outside or recirculated air is meaningless. You can't be trusted to pay attention to foggy windows, so outside air is forced in. Most settings it will periodically automatically switch to outside air whether there is any foggy windows or not. Behind a truck belching diesel exhaust? Driving past a cow farm? Outside air, because fuck you!

And the shitty auto manufacturers like fucking Chrysler can't be bothered to put in a method to keep the setting how you want like Toyota where you press and hold the button.

Then again, most days I'll see some moron driving around with windows completely fogging over (see also, everything being offered in Spanish).

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande

1. automatically locks all the car doors as soon as you start, but never automatically unlocks them for you later. cause fuck you, thats why.
  2. turns on fucking schoolbus style flashing lights if you open either side door. cause fuck you, theres no reason to open a side door except for unloading kids in traffic.
  3. leaves the radio playing for about 30-60 seconds after you turn off the car as some kind of dumbass "convenience". I can't even figure out the reason for this one except for fuck you.
  4. when you park and turn off the headlights, they actually stay on for about 2 minutes then turn off themselves later. cause fuck you, you dumbass, you didnt actually want to turn those headlights off did you?

Fucking thing, I actually really enjoy driving it compared to our old one but I can't wait til it dies. I only wish it would take its designers with it when it does.
My CRV has a stupid automatic feature of shutting engine off when car is stopped, I have to press a button everytime I start the car to turn it off. Should be the opposite and I press a button to turn it on. Annoying shit.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Received a refurbished tablet this way. Also returned to purchasing site to scour for fine print and nothing

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'll second that.

Yesterday my neighbor texted me about a loose bird he though was ours. He sent a picture of it, and we found out it belonged to an asian family down the street that we knew had birds. This same family had a bird a year ago, that they left on their patio and it was destroyed by a cat. Now they have more birds. My jimmies got rustled by the picture because the bird that was loose was clearly in bad shape. It's never been groomed (nails were too long and curling, with some missing), its feet were deformed from an infection known as bumblefoot, its feathers were in bad shape, and it's cere (nose) indicated that it may be sick. These people, who also have a dog, clearly just buy pets and don't care for them.

Wait birds need grooming and get sick? Are you serious?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Is it about 10-15 years old? I have a chevy of that age. There's a way to change almost all of that behaviour. I have mine set to unlock when I kill the ignition. My wife likes it to unlock when she puts it in park. The radio should shut off when you open the door. The headlights staying on should be adjustable too.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
just ate a handful of peanuts that expired in 2020.
Same Old Same Old Starz GIF by Heels

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Wait birds need grooming and get sick? Are you serious?
They’re not terribly hard to care for but can’t be totally neglected. Their nails need to be trimmed unless they have a natural means of filling them down, just like dogs. That also goes for beaks which they’ll tend to themselves with cuttle bones or mineral blocks.

A common foot infection in small birds comes from not giving them variety of foot positions. Those generic wooden rods that come with cages can cause foot problems over the long run from keeping their feet in the same position all the time. Natural wooden perches fix that.

They also need some level of stimulation from owners or toys. Otherwise they can do weird things like pluck out too many feathers.

This was the bird in question. Notice how the nails lift the toes up off the ground and the feet look mangled.
IMG_4578.jpeg

These are healthy bird feet…. a soggy post bath bird.
IMG_4558.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Selling old games on Ebay that I'm never gonna play again is fun, given the prices they fetch these days and just seeing how high they go on auctions.

Until someone cancels a purchase right after winning the auction. Grats, you just wasted 7 fucking days and a bunch of people's time. I think there's a way to "re-offer" the auction to the other people who bid, for the winning amount, but the couple of times this happened nobody bit so I had to start the auction cycle over.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Selling old games on Ebay that I'm never gonna play again is fun, given the prices they fetch these days and just seeing how high they go on auctions.

Until someone cancels a purchase right after winning the auction. Grats, you just wasted 7 fucking days and a bunch of people's time. I think there's a way to "re-offer" the auction to the other people who bid, for the winning amount, but the couple of times this happened nobody bit so I had to start the auction cycle over.
Because when you do that, they always think you had a friend bidding them up and the friend just accidentally pushed it too far.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider

I assume this might be a Pacifica based on the behavior you're describing.

You should be able to modify most of these settings in the Uconnect infotainment system.

Here's for 3:

Here's for 2 and 4:

For 1, there isn't a way to tie it to shift position, but the should unlock automatically if you're in park and open from the inside if you have this setting turned on (auto unlock on exit):

Be sure to complain about these things if you get a quality survey. That's how a lot of stuff ends up the way it does - people complained on surveys. For some of this shit they get binned as a defect that essentially has the same weight as something actually serious like an engine no-start, so, they end up getting a lot of attention.

• 1Solidarity