Whats rustling your jimmies?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Rustles my jimmies when I wake up at 12:50 pm, turn on my computer, get all my stuff set up for a day of fantasy football, go smoke a cig, come back in and try to find the games on TV. Ask my brother why the games aren't on and he tells me it's Saturday...

Spock Vader

Lord Nagafen Raider
(inspired by FSR)
being friend-zoned

rrr_img_51424.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every single MMO group ever: "BRB resetting my modem/router to fix this lag"

In other words, "I will go linkdead for 10 minutes and when I get back I'll complain about the same lag"

It doesn't help that often they are talking about resetting their modem to fix their FRAMERATE.

Not once in the history of the internet (for me, windows for workgroups 3.11) has it ever been helpful to reset a modem to "clear up lag." Or more accurately: Not once have I ever had a problem with latency that was solvable on my end, other than maxed out bandwidth and needing to throttle/close other programs. If you have a connection at all, resetting your modem does fucking nothing. My current modem hasn't been powered off in years. (at least not intentionally)

The only scenario I can imagine this helping is if they have mountains of shit being downloaded at once (possibly by roommates or their raging virus infestation) and a reset causes those connections to take time to ramp up again.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being accused of being angry about something that I'm NOT angry about - by her - when in fact, SHE'S angry about it and as far as I can tell, just wants to start some shit. Sleeping in the guest room tonight.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Being accused of being angry about something that I'm NOT angry about - by her - when in fact, SHE'S angry about it and as far as I can tell, just wants to start some shit. Sleeping in the guest room tonight.
Being right vs sleeping with your woman. You chose poorly.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Every single MMO group ever: "BRB resetting my modem/router to fix this lag"

In other words, "I will go linkdead for 10 minutes and when I get back I'll complain about the same lag"

It doesn't help that often they are talking about resetting their modem to fix their FRAMERATE.

Not once in the history of the internet (for me, windows for workgroups 3.11) has it ever been helpful to reset a modem to "clear up lag." Or more accurately: Not once have I ever had a problem with latency that was solvable on my end, other than maxed out bandwidth and needing to throttle/close other programs. If you have a connection at all, resetting your modem does fucking nothing. My current modem hasn't been powered off in years. (at least not intentionally)

The only scenario I can imagine this helping is if they have mountains of shit being downloaded at once (possibly by roommates or their raging virus infestation) and a reset causes those connections to take time to ramp up again.
I dunno about this, I've had routers that either leaked memory or some other shit so they got slower and slower the longer they ran, power cycling them always got me back up to speed.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Rustles my jimmies when I wake up at 12:50 pm, turn on my computer, get all my stuff set up for a day of fantasy football, go smoke a cig, come back in and try to find the games on TV. Ask my brother why the games aren't on and he tells me it's Saturday...
In the great words of Les Claypool:

"That's the funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed... they don't mean quite so much. Cept you get to hang out with your working friends..."

As far as rustling goes, I cannot fucking stand it when people on the highway can't drive a consistent speed. Just about ran a minivan off the highway yesterday for passing me, changing in to my lane, and slowing down half a dozen times.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
In the great words of Les Claypool:

"That's the funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed... they don't mean quite so much. Cept you get to hang out with your working friends..."
Unless you or they work in restaurants because when I am employed they never give me weekends off even when I put on my availability that I can't work on Sunday. Which brings up another rustle. Why the fuck do places ask for availability when hiring someone and then completely disregard that shit 2 weeks later and tell you "too bad, I need you to work". No, bitch, you do not need me to work every single Sunday 100% of the time because there are 15 other motherfucking cooks here who can also work on Sunday but for some reason never have to.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Unless you or they work in restaurants because when I am employed they never give me weekends off even when I put on my availability that I can't work on Sunday. Which brings up another rustle. Why the fuck do places ask for availability when hiring someone and then completely disregard that shit 2 weeks later and tell you "too bad, I need you to work". No, bitch, you do not need me to work every single Sunday 100% of the time because there are 15 other motherfucking cooks here who can also work on Sunday but for some reason never have to.
Man up then and tell them to fuck off. If people did it then they wouldn't disregard what you say.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Audible eaters.

Honest to fucking God. In what scenario EVER do you think it is pleasant for someone to listen to you chewing? Spit out your fucking gum, and when you're eating food, close your fucking mouth. There is nothing more disgusting.

And if I encounter you ANYWHERE (at a restaurant, in the movies while you smack your mouth with popcorn, on the bus while you snap your gum, or wherever you're fucking smacking and making noise with your mouth like an infant), I'm going to say something. It isn't going to be kind, and you're going to feel stupid. Because you're making noise with your mouth. Like an infant.

Fucking gross.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I have a good friend whose jaw clicks with every chew. A very audible click. It's a good thing he's such a good guy.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Unless you or they work in restaurants because when I am employed they never give me weekends off even when I put on my availability that I can't work on Sunday.
Working as a line cook is pretty much equivalent to being unemployed, so the point remains.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I have a good friend whose jaw clicks with every chew. A very audible click. It's a good thing he's such a good guy.
My Dad's jaw does this. I used to bitch at him about. He actually got it checked out when I was a kid and nothing they could really do. Ugh.