Whats rustling your jimmies?

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
So my PC have been in for repair for 2 weeks and came back this morning, delievered with a "Text Message" warning that never came FFS so my notice that the postguy was here was was the sound him about to leave again so i have to fall outta bed, tumble into a pair of pants run outside while throwing on a Tshirt to intercept him.. ofcourse barefeeted stepping on all kinda spiky stuff. get my PC just as he was about to drive off. so far so good. carried it inside. and went back to bed .. fast forward to 1 hour ago when i woke up. unplugged my laptop so i could unpack and setup my gaming rig again.. and after fumbling around with getting it outta the packaging for 2min i notice that the fucking cabinet is broken.. so now i gotta wait till my landlady gets back to borrow her smartphone so i can take pictures and send in with a complaint .. ( lol i dont have a smartphone / caveman )

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't post in this thread much anymore because I rarely let my jimmies get rustled, but they were rustled something fierce today.

I was driving to get lunch and I saw a dozen or so teenagers standing on the grass in the median between the two sides of the road, wearing blue t-shirts with some kind of church logo and slogan on it. Each one of them was holding a massive (seriously big, like 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide) poster board, and on each board was a huge, hi-res picture of some part of an aborted fetus; stuff like half a baby's head, a severed arm, etc. Really gory stuff.

I don't give a shit about peoples' religious and political opinions, but that sort of blatant, disgusting display pissed me off. It's a heavily traveled highway so there were certainly kids being driven by and seeing that shit.
When those sick pieces of shit confront me downtown and try to hand their pamphlets or talk to me I tell them I wish all human babies were aborted just so fuckstains like them wouldn't be able to spread their disgusting hate speech.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So my PC have been in for repair for 2 weeks and came back this morning, delievered with a "Text Message" warning that never came FFS so my notice that the postguy was here was was the sound him about to leave again so i have to fall outta bed, tumble into a pair of pants run outside while throwing on a Tshirt to intercept him.. ofcourse barefeeted stepping on all kinda spiky stuff. get my PC just as he was about to drive off. so far so good. carried it inside. and went back to bed .. fast forward to 1 hour ago when i woke up. unplugged my laptop so i could unpack and setup my gaming rig again.. and after fumbling around with getting it outta the packaging for 2min i notice that the fucking cabinet is broken.. so now i gotta wait till my landlady gets back to borrow her smartphone so i can take pictures and send in with a complaint .. ( lol i dont have a smartphone / caveman )
This dude has to borrow a phone from his landlady in order to take a picture.

C'mon, Bellicose...

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Yeah i know i really really should get a smartphone like everyone else, Nokia i got atm so horrible, but then again my previous phone broke and i went to a teleshop thingy and asked for a cheap shitty phone and they delievered just that

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You don't even need a smart phone to have a camera. Camera was like the third thing phones did, after making calls and texting. Hell, they might have taken pictures before texting.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My phone doesn't have a camera. I guess it's a minor jimmie rustler that I'm not allowed to carry a phone with a camera (or any camera) while on certain job sites. But on the other hand if I didn't have to carry a phone for work I wouldn't carry one to begin with.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This is stupid. It's a fucking gas station...
The ones here cut off at $100 and you can't restart it with the same card. So if I'm low enough to need more than $100 I go in and pay with a credit card and let them hold it and start the pump.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shitty fucking landlords.

Moved into this place back in April and a day or two after we find the AC isnt working right. Landlord sends a guy out to fix it and while he is here tells us hes had to fix this AC before and the problem is its 30 years old and leaking and just at the end of its life and needs to be replaced and the landlord knows this. Flash forward til now and I wake up and the AC doesnt work at all. Prior til now since it was old as shit and about to go out it was loud as hell and vibrated horribly, enough to make the drywall rattle loud enough to wake you up while sleeping. Told landlord about that and he said "well houses they make noises", literally what he said(wished i could of punched him over the phone). Also a bunch of misc shit to go along with that like the doorbell not working.

Anyways heres a tip; dont try and manage rental property unless that is your fulltime job and thats all you do. Trying to juggle having a career and thinking you have the money for a second mortgage that can be paid for by renting it out is just going to make you a shitty landlord and you have shitty properties.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Moved into this place back in April and a day or two after we find the AC isnt working right. Landlord sends a guy out to fix it and while he is here tells us hes had to fix this AC before and the problem is its 30 years old and leaking and just at the end of its life and needs to be replaced and the landlord knows this. Flash forward til now and I wake up and the AC doesnt work at all. Prior til now since it was old as shit and about to go out it was loud as hell and vibrated horribly, enough to make the drywall rattle loud enough to wake you up while sleeping. Told landlord about that and he said "well houses they make noises", literally what he said(wished i could of punched him over the phone). Also a bunch of misc shit to go along with that like the doorbell not working.

Anyways heres a tip; dont try and manage rental property unless that is your fulltime job and thats all you do. Trying to juggle having a career and thinking you have the money for a second mortgage that can be paid for by renting it out is just going to make you a shitty landlord and you have shitty properties.
So who's paying those frequent mechanic visits?
Is the AC on your lease? Then stop paying for that part of the rent.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>

Can you escape the lease for the place being uninhabitable?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
@Quinelow - That's not how it works in the states, you can just get evicted for not paying your full rent.

@Serpens - AC is considered a luxury, not an essential. If it's in his lease though he can take his Landlord to court over it if he feels he can also sue for court costs and win that too...or sue his way out of the lease.

@Phoenix - Have you tried clothslining him down the stairs?

W

Wrathcaster

Fat people.

Fuck you. Starve yourself or die trying.

There is something perverse about the fact that you can subsidize sloth and eat yourself into disability status. I don't care where you sit on the political or moral spectrum, that shit is inexcusable.

TL;DR, fat people should be starved until financially independent of the state.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I do it, but it takes a certain approach to make it worthwhile. I think that some people who do it for the short-term profit (monthly rental fees) can get caught in a downward spiral of parsimonious spending that negatively impacts all parties and properties. I have a longer view for profit, and that's resale. But that's neither here nor there in the scope of this thread.

What really rustles my jimmies are jackhole tenants. The excuse-making types who are always late on rent, always whine about the smallest thing, never care for their dwelling internally or externally, and basically do fuck all until the very last millisecond.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What the fuck are all of these lardasses on mobility scooters doing at a roller coaster park? Are they dropping $75 at the gate for the funnel cakes and dipping dots? When the park has more tubs of fat on scooters than teens in bikinis there's a real problem in this country.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my normal ups driver hasn't been running my route this week so on tuesday this new driver(well not really new I've seen him a few times here and there) brings in a rather large box and puts it on my counter, like the drivers are supposed to do. He even says, its not heavy, its just big. Wednesday he brings another box the same size, but it had less items in it so it was even lighter and he didn't bring it inside/put it on the counter, I let it slide at first because it is a big box, but when I realized it weighed even less than the day before's box I got a little rustled. So today he is dropping off several boxes including one similar to the previous two days and two tires, and this mother fucker thinks he is just going to leave all the boxes outside, even small ones. So I tell him, "I need ALL the boxes on the counter, I want everything over the counter EXCEPT the tires," I say this 3x and I know he most definitely heard me the last time. And he mumbles, "well I don't know if I can put that one up there," referring to the large box, that is identical to the one he put on the counter tuesday. So I say, "why? is it heavy," and he mumbles something about his shoulder hurting while he puts the box on the counter. Now this box only weighs 27 lbs, the two tires, which are strapped together weigh at least 45 lbs, and what does he do after I told him 3x the tires can stay over there?, he picks the tires up and slams them down on the counter on top of parts and the small boxes he just dropped off, as in a very much fuck you for making me do my job. So I am fucking livid at this point and the guy can tell he done fucked up, starts apologizing, asks if I want the tires on the ground, but I'm so pissed at this point I just want him to get out and tell him I'll take care of it. As he goes to leave he sees me come around the counter and place the tires down so he comes back and says I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you which is bullshit, he heard me just fine when I said I needed the bigger box on the counter.

So part of me wants to call and complain, but I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble at their work over something small like that and I do understand its felt like 105 degree weather the past couple of days and he was complaining about being in the diesel truck today so dude is probably just having a bad day. At least I can vent in the rustled jimmies thread, this thread may just have saved this man's job.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Today what's rustling my first-world jimmies is people who post online complaining about "plot-holes" in movies, when really its just something they missed or didn't understand. And while that is ok, too, please re-watch the movie, read about what was going on, or be stupid in silence: Don't blame the movie/scriptwriter/Hollywood because you are at least half-idiot and went to take a leak at the wrong time.

Jobitz_sl

shitlord
My brother, last Saturday, caught the FedEx guy sitting in my driveway and walked up to the car and investigated. He found the delivery guy filling out one of those "missed you" delivery slips as if he had come to the door. In reality he had not left his truck and was just sitting in the driveway filling out the slip. When my brother asked him what he was doing, why was he not delivering the package but instead filling out the sheet, the fat Hispanic delivery guy muttered, in broken English, "I afraid of dogs". So he was going to deliver the SLIP and not the PACKAGE because he is afraid of dogs?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah, he was going to throw the slip away, he just needs the carbon copy to show his superiors.