What's the worst movie you've seen at the theatre?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I rarely go out to see movies based on others urgings so selection takes care of most bad movies but I remember thinking Blair Witch Project was really awful as a kid. It was absolutely packed and it was funny how restless most people were. Even the attempt at a big scare at the end didn't seem to get many people.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Boondock Saints 2.

OK so I didn't go see that in the theatres, but it's the worst movie ever made.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Thin Red Line. Fuck that piece of garbage. First and only movie I have walked out of.
Haha, this movie and Very Bad Things I always felt summed up my group of friends in High School / College. This one guy loved Thin Red Line and I loathed it, but then he couldn't stand Very Bad Things and almost walked out, but I was cracking up the entire time and thought it was great.

DickTrickle

I liked both of those movies but could definitely see how someone could dislike either (especially The Thin Red Line).

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Me, Myself, and Irene. I've never walked out in the middle of a movie, but this was the closest I've come to that. I've never actually sat down and rewatched it in its entirety since, but I've seen bits and pieces on TV here and there and it doesn't seem as bad as I remember it. I might have just been having a shitty day or something, but it will be forever stuck in my mind as my worst movie theater experience.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fortress

I had actually forgotten about this one. Probably on purpose. For some reason I thought this would make a good date movie, not sure what I was thinking there.

rrr_img_97868.jpg

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've seen 17 of that IMDB list, 7 in theatres.

And whoever said Josie and the Pussycats probably did not get the giant rip it was on pop culture, but even if you still hated it, it had De Jour:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Me, Myself, and Irene. I've never walked out in the middle of a movie, but this was the closest I've come to that. I've never actually sat down and rewatched it in its entirety since, but I've seen bits and pieces on TV here and there and it doesn't seem as bad as I remember it. I might have just been having a shitty day or something, but it will be forever stuck in my mind as my worst movie theater experience.
really? man, my dad and i saw that in the theater and we laughed our asses off. you need to give it another shot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had the exact opposite experience. I practically died laughing the first time I saw it, and it was almost unwatchably bad the second time around.

DickTrickle

Talk about The Thin Red Line reminded me of a more recent movie that I absolutely loathed... Tree of Life. It's kind of weird considering how much I liked TTRL (though maybe that's because I saw it when young and it left an impression) and even The New World to a lesser extent but I thought Tree of Life took Malick's eccentricity to a unpalatable extreme. The weird ten minute dinosaur history scene and the ending really stuck as cringe-worthy. My girlfriend and I spent the next half hour talking about how awful it was.

I had high expectations from reviews and liking his earlier work so to be so thoroughly disappointed would have to make it the worst movie I've seen at a theater.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Talk about The Thin Red Line reminded me of a more recent movie that I absolutely loathed... Tree of Life. It's kind of weird considering how much I liked TTRL (though maybe that's because I saw it when young and it left an impression) and even The New World to a lesser extent but I thought Tree of Life took Malick's eccentricity to a unpalatable extreme. The weird ten minute dinosaur history scene and the ending really stuck as cringe-worthy. My girlfriend and I spent the next half hour talking about how awful it was.

I had high expectations from reviews and liking his earlier work so to be so thoroughly disappointed would have to make it the worst movie I've seen at a theater.
Terence Malick you either get him or you don't. He is either a genius and the best director ever or you think his movies suck. I wish I were smart enough to get him. I watched Tree of Life and sat there like a dumb shit wondering what the deal was and I looked over and the guy next to me was literally weeping at the raw emotion being dragged out of him by the movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If I could, I would reach through my monitor and slap you. Ice Pirates is a fucking classic.
lol, not all of us had ice pirates playing daily on HBO. i watched the hell out of that movie, but im sure there were people who didnt love it. i mean it is a parody of star wars/star trek, so no doubt there will be butthurt nerds poopooing it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I saw somewhere between 5 and 8. There's a possibility some of them were blocked out, because I vaguely remembered them but couldn't recall enough about it to convince myself I'd seen them.