What's the worst movie you've seen at the theatre?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The third one was the worst because as bad as the other two were, they still at least somewhat followed the book. The third made the battle of the five armies the focal point of the entire movie. That entire battle was a few pages in the book. It was never supposed to be the main focus of the story.
Dude, you knew the battle had to be the focus of an entire movie the moment they announced they were stretching that shit to three movies. Why the hell did the stone giants get like a tedious 5 minute scene when they were literally a sentence in the book?

Just so we're clear, I'm not defending the third movie, I'm attacking the first two.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I only saw the first Hobbit movie, and not in the thea-tre, but it made me wonder how in the fuck Lord of the Rings turned out good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's the difference between turning 3 fantasy epics into 3 epic movies vs turning 1 childrens/YA book into 3 epic movies.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Did you not have a reasonable expectation of what Transformers 4 was going to be like?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Lucas had a good trilogy and a bad trilogy. So did Jackson. You can't have two good movie trilogies from the same guy. It's a law of the universe. George Miller gets around the problem by not actually linking his movies together. So we'll get six good Mad Max films, but no trilogies.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Dude, you knew the battle had to be the focus of an entire movie the moment they announced they were stretching that shit to three movies. Why the hell did the stone giants get like a tedious 5 minute scene when they were literally a sentence in the book?

Just so we're clear, I'm not defending the third movie, I'm attacking the first two.
Yes, I did know the last movie was going to be all about the battle, which is why I knew it would suck and be the worst of the three movies.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lucas had a good trilogy and a bad trilogy. So did Jackson. You can't have two good movie trilogies from the same guy. It's a law of the universe. George Miller gets around the problem by not actually linking his movies together. So we'll get six good Mad Max films, but no trilogies.
Completely different, Lucas didnt direct the original star wars really, just 1 film

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yes the other two were bad, but I distinctly remember when the 3rd movie started I thought "Awe, fuck. Why did I do this to myself."

Xeldar

Silver Squire
LOTR: Fast forward past dialogue scenes to battle scenes.
Hobbit: Fast forward past action scenes to Gollum vs. Bilbo riddle battle + Bilbo vs. Smaug speech.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ugh. Of course this is the thread to reminisce on how they have completely shit on Tolkien. His shitty, money grubbing family worst of all.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ugh. Of course this is the thread to reminisce on how they have completely shit on Tolkien. His shitty, money grubbing family worst of all.
You're a retard. The amount of money the Tolkien family gives to charity is more than 99% of the multimillionaires in the world give. They are hardly money grubbing. And if some fat turd shit on my father's work like PJ did in the Hobbit series, I'd best pissed too (although, I don't get Chris' rage towards the original trilogy. I thought they were pretty awesome).

Homsar

Who knows how much lucas really did, is Foster not allowed to talk about writing the stories ? never seen any interviews with him really

ohkcrlho

I already told my theory: George Lucas wrote the overall story and the rest was done by his team. He "directed" the 1st movie but back then, he listened to his team's advices.
You can see the majority of his messy fingerprints in shit like the prequels and indiana jones 4.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I already told my theory: George Lucas wrote the overall story and the rest was done by his team. He "directed" the 1st movie but back then, he listened to his team's advices.
You can see the majority of his messy fingerprints in shit like the prequels and indiana jones 4.
I agree. It's not a coincidence that the best movie of the series, "The Empire Strikes Back" was the one that wasn't directed by George Lucas.