Wheel of Time

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Does Reddit like it? I don’t go there, it has more retards per capita than foh.

You are definitely correct on your maths.

Here's some thread titles:

It's good!

Hardcore Readers perspective: Absolutely amazing

I am just so happy

Holy light the show is GOOD but where are the animated bonuses??

Just watched episode 1 before work. ITS. SO. FUCKING. GOOOOD. LETS GOOOO!!!!!

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• 2Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't read the books. Watched the first episode.

- The Trolloc dudes look absolutely hilarious, like GWAR, I am not sure what it is about them
- Rosamund Pike or w/e her name is the main chick, I don't know what it is about her but she is so unlikable and hard to watch.
- Scenery/Backgrounds are cool but the rest of the CGI is bad.
- Already hate the ginger kid/main dude.
- The magic powers of the main chick seem super random and all over the place, like can she do anything?
- Asian/Samurai trope dude is so boring, reminds me of that lame dude from PICARD.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
- The magic powers of the main chick seem super random and all over the place, like can she do anything?

The One Power is pretty much elemental magic, Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Spirit. So, yes. Females tend to be stronger in Air and Water, but Moiraine is one of the strongest females (for now) and has an angreal, which is something that enhances the amount of Power you can use.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't read the books. Watched the first episode.

- The Trolloc dudes look absolutely hilarious, like GWAR, I am not sure what it is about them
- Rosamund Pike or w/e her name is the main chick, I don't know what it is about her but she is so unlikable and hard to watch.
- Scenery/Backgrounds are cool but the rest of the CGI is bad.
- Already hate the ginger kid/main dude.
- Asian/Samurai trope dude is so boring, reminds me of that lame dude from PICARD.
To answer your one question, yes they can basically do anything. Each person has their own specialties though so she isn’t all powerful. Women can control air and water better, men can control earth and fire better. So where she can throw a few fireballs, she’d use much less energy and be able to do more damage and specific things by using air, like when she hurled bricks.

Current time magic users are actually obscenely weak compared to how they used to be, and how some will become. There are magic focus items that make them stronger, they can also link to become stronger. Past magic users were so powerful though that one of them could manhandle a group of twelve current ones linked together and using focus items. They leveled mountains and destroyed entire cities by themselves if they had a focus item.

Don’t worry too much about the samurai / Asian trope guy. His entire city is gone, he’s the last of his kind. His role is more of a personal guard (called a warder) to moiraine. All the different color aes Sedai have one except red. Greens can have more than one (And they fuck theirs too!). They’re from every land though, not his, so they don’t all act like him. The warders are linked to their aes sedai with magic and can always tell where they are, gain some abilities like faster healing, more energy, can sense where dark one creatures are. You saw a little of that in episode 1 when she asked him if an eyeless was nearby.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, when you meet discrepancies between the books and the series in the first 10 minutes, you know this is going to be another Legends of the Seeker.

Heather should just pull the plug on this. We're better off without the series than having it go the way others have before it.
The Mord Sith made that show okay.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
7 minutes in. Working today so will watch in short spurts off and on.

The intro pissed me off.

“Men alone tried to do whatever and they alone broke the world” Uhm, women were just as involved in the events that led to the taint.

“The dragon has been reborn and we don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl” Ok moraine, maybe if you haven’t read a single prophecy. You know, the prophecies you’ve studied your whole life.

“There’s rumors of four Ta’veren in the Two Rivers” No there isn’t, fuck off.

I also don’t remember there being skyscrapers all over the place or the becoming a woman ceremony involving attempting to drown the women.

All this trash in 7 minutes. Record time on shitting all over source.

Oh and I laughed at Rands poofy cashmere sweater.
Your sacrifice will never be forgotten.
foh.png

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Sterling

El Presidente
To answer your one question, yes they can basically do anything. Each person has their own specialties though so she isn’t all powerful. Women can control air and water better, men can control earth and fire better. So where she can throw a few fireballs, she’d use much less energy and be able to do more damage and specific things by using air, like when she hurled bricks.

Current time magic users are actually obscenely weak compared to how they used to be, and how some will become. There are magic focus items that make them stronger, they can also link to become stronger. Past magic users were so powerful though that one of them could manhandle a group of twelve current ones linked together and using focus items. They leveled mountains and destroyed entire cities by themselves if they had a focus item.

Don’t worry too much about the samurai / Asian trope guy. His entire city is gone, he’s the last of his kind. His role is more of a personal guard (called a warder) to moiraine. All the different color aes Sedai have one except red. Greens can have more than one (And they fuck theirs too!). They’re from every land though, not his, so they don’t all act like him. The warders are linked to their aes sedai with magic and can always tell where they are, gain some abilities like faster healing, more energy, can sense where dark one creatures are. You saw a little of that in episode 1 when she asked him if an eyeless was nearby.
Lan isn't the literal last of his kind. Also, while channelers back in those days were generally stronger than they are currently, they also varied in strength and the 1 of them manhandling 12 linked ones is not really true. most of the rest of this is mostly right though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lan isn't the literal last of his kind. Also, while channelers back in those days were generally stronger than they are currently, they also varied in strength and the 1 of them manhandling 12 linked ones is not really true. most of the rest of this is mostly right though.
Yeah sorry. I should have said he’s the only one of his kind that’s a warder and samurai like. There’s a small village of his people left of his once huge empire.

I also should have said the strongest of the old ones would manhandle the 12 linked ones now, since they did have weak ones back in the day. The current strongest ones are referenced as children who have no idea what they’re doing with the power. I think they said the current strong ones would barely qualify for training back then.

Remember the old ones not only were able to use a lot more power but also had a massive amount of knowledge of possible things they could do that current ones have no idea of. So when the old ones return and get attacked by new ones it’s not even an effort for them to swat the attacks away.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of the Prydain Chronicles... I wish THAT would get some sort of film or show adaptation.
Yeah I can't wait to see one of my precious childhood memories despoiled when they cast a fucking chimp to play Princess Eilonwy.

Hard Pass.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm hoping this is the worse news I receive today.

Yup this was the worse news today. :trump:

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Ok so I finished the first episode. I have not watched the other two yet. As someone who has read Eye of the World at least 10 times since 1990's. This is not how I envisioned Jordan's world to be.
The Two Rivers was way off in its setting. Its not a mountain village, the Mountains of Mist were at least a day or more away and Rand and Tam were thought of as strange for being out that way. It was way too diverse for an area of the world that is essentially cut off from the rest of the world. I guess they have to bow before the SJW gods on that one.

As far as characters, the writers basically destroyed Mat and Perrin. Mat wasn't a thief and Perrin wasn't married. I don't see the need to add that in as it fundamentally changes their character arcs. Rand should have been taller. Lan and Moiraine weren't quite how I envisioned them either.

Most of the side characters in the Two Rivers were off too. Abell wasn't a lowlife and Brandelwyn was fat. I get that they are minor characters that won't be seen for several more books but the character descriptions are there, why not use them?

I hope it improves but given how far they deviated from the source material already, I don't have a lot of hope. One of the things that made Games of Thrones so good was they followed the source material, until they ran out and have do make it up on their own.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wait so you guys are saying Perrin kills his wife at the start? Does Two Rivers have an NFL team or something?

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished episode two and started three. I’ll spoiler it so I stop ruining it for people that are interested I guess.

Wasn’t as bad as the first one. They skipped a huge chunk of the book and went straight to shadar logoth. They started Pe wolf arc already.

The casting is just so bad it taints everything. Lan explaining the city...he’s a shitty actor. Egwene is just ugly.

The Trollocs are goofy looking, not really scary. The CGI budget must have been really low.

Shadar Logoth didn’t look too bad but you could tell the CGI budget was low, looked very Syfy level. They also changed the evil mist to evil creeping mold, I’m guessing so it was easier to see it chasing them as they ran from it. It melted a horse which was lol

The end of episode 2 and start of 3 was terrible. Nynaeve was able to sneak up on Lan and threatens to slit his throat? Fucking why? She got dragged away by that trolloc, she would have no idea they ran off with the kids like in the book. Her scene soloing the trolloc with a knife was so stupid. She came up out of the water like Arnold in Commando lol

Her and Egwene can have a who is uglier contest. The makeup artists are awful.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Finished episode two and started three. I’ll spoiler it so I stop ruining it for people that are interested I guess.

Wasn’t as bad as the first one. They skipped a huge chunk of the book and went straight to shadar logoth. They started Pe wolf arc already.

The casting is just so bad it taints everything. Lan explaining the city...he’s a shitty actor. Egwene is just ugly.

The Trollocs are goofy looking, not really scary. The CGI budget must have been really low.

Shadar Logoth didn’t look too bad but you could tell the CGI budget was low, looked very Syfy level. They also changed the evil mist to evil creeping mold, I’m guessing so it was easier to see it chasing them as they ran from it. It melted a horse which was lol

The end of episode 2 and start of 3 was terrible. Nynaeve was able to sneak up on Lan and threatens to slit his throat? Fucking why? She got dragged away by that trolloc, she would have no idea they ran off with the kids like in the book. Her scene soloing the trolloc with a knife was so stupid. She came up out of the water like Arnold in Commando lol

Her and Egwene can have a who is uglier contest. The makeup artists are awful.
1637349725297.png

I imagine shes Indian? There are some amazingly beautiful Indian women and this is the best they could do?

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just starting Ep 3 and I'm fucking bored out of my mind. Shadar Logoth was ok, Lan and Moraine are decent, but the Two Rivers kids are a snorefest. Probably the worst casting ever. Boring scenes/dialogue, just nothing interesting about them at all (characters or actors).

Nynaeve sneaking up on fucking Lan was lawlworthy.
The showrunners amplify everything positive about the females capabilities. In the books, Nyn did impress Lan when she was able to track them after they left Edmond's Field.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wait so you guys are saying Perrin kills his wife at the start? Does Two Rivers have an NFL team or something?
After being about done with the first three episodes I think the only reason they did that was to be able to have something different going on in Perrin’s Dark One dreams.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The showrunners amplify everything positive about the females capabilities. In the books, Nyn did impress Lan when she was able to track them after they left Edmond's Field.
Yep and that would have been fine. Instead she has to track them, get a jump on him, and brutally solo a trolloc. Ridiculous.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The intro is almost like they never actually read the books.
The True Source was speculated about, and researched for a long time until Meirin (Lanfear) and some guy named Beidomon poked a hole into the Dark One's prison, causing a huge explosion the destroyed some fancy research facility floating in the sky (the Hole itself, if I recall was "physically" elsewhere, some island out in the middle of the ocean). This was a huge point in the books as it was shown via one of Rands Aiel ancestors (who was a servant of Lanfear at the time). After that, there was a period of time where society began to decay via crime, corruption, etc. Eventually Ishmael said "fuck you" to the Aes Sedai and started the War. A War in which both men and women participated on both sides, with the strongest woman (maybe women) going over to the Shadow.

The Sealing of the Bore is rather odd, but Lews Therin had a plan and tried to get the female Aes Sedai to help, but they said no, we want to use these two gigantic sa'angreal to kill the DO instead. Yet, some women did decide to help create the actual Seals, and to fill the Eye of the World with Power.