Wheel of Time

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm just starting Ep 3 and I'm fucking bored out of my mind. Shadar Logoth was ok, Lan and Moraine are decent, but the Two Rivers kids are a snorefest. Probably the worst casting ever. Boring scenes/dialogue, just nothing interesting about them at all (characters or actors).

Nynaeve sneaking up on fucking Lan was lawlworthy.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The rearranging of how events are sequenced is pretty offputting. The costumes also look like cheap cosplay costumes instead of high budget TV quality. I'm not sure if this is complete dogshit, or just moderately bad but made worse by just how bad it deviates from the source material.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Keep the spoilers coming. There’s no fucking way I’ll watch this now, but my sick curiosity is getting the better of me.

I feel like I’m driving past a horrific car accident and can’t help but look.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Pretty unbelievable that the Trollocs were such a problem for the Two Rivers. One headbutt from Nynaeve would obliterate their whole army.

1637301959937.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Thom was cool, if a bit harder than I remember. But, goddamn, the pacing is such shit.

Rand terrified of a chubby barmaid, wtf. I didn't realize this was a comedy.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its not completely horrible, so I will continue watching for now (Only episodes 1 & 2 watched so far). Its better than Legend of the Seeker or Shannara, but suffers from not having Shannara's hot women. Especially the way Jordan described Egwene, Nynaeve, Elayne, Aviendha, and others.

The good:
Episode 2 seems to be following what I remember of the books fairly well.
Mat not actually a single father.
Magic CGI seems ok'ish
Manetheren story by Moiraine is pretty good.
Whitecloak questioner could be a good character.

The Bad:
Main characters not at all how they are described in the books.
The whole "maybe the Dragon was reborn a girl" is very offputting.
Perrin's tragic backstory is just dumb
Slow channeling system, when in many cases it was as fast as thought (But I guess this is a limitation of the format and people needing to see what she is doing?)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lol my wife has been reading books 7 and 8 for over five years. Getting close to six at this point.

Did xhe ever get to the end?

I've been reading the S.M. Stirling Terminator trilogy for -five years- at this point myself. Had to start over a few times. Really wanted to get to book 3 where it gets really good, but I kept pausing and forgetting my place in it. I still haven't finished it, think I have half of the last book left with a bookmark in it.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, that intro with the retelling of what led to the Breaking. Are you fucking kidding me? It was Lanfear and Beidomon who woke up old Darky. Oh, the arrogance of trying to save the world (and succeeding) and getting madness and death as your reward!

Was it? Its been a long time since I read the books. How did it happen? I only remember a coalition of men and women opening a bore to the True Power, not really knowing about the Dark One, and then all those men being instantly struck mad. Was Lews Therin part of that or did he lead the group to seal the Bore?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
7 minutes in. Working today so will watch in short spurts off and on.

The intro pissed me off.

“Men alone tried to do whatever and they alone broke the world” Uhm, women were just as involved in the events that led to the taint.

“The dragon has been reborn and we don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl” Ok moraine, maybe if you haven’t read a single prophecy. You know, the prophecies you’ve studied your whole life.

“There’s rumors of four Ta’veren in the Two Rivers” No there isn’t, fuck off.

I also don’t remember there being skyscrapers all over the place or the becoming a woman ceremony involving attempting to drown the women.

All this trash in 7 minutes. Record time on shitting all over source.

Oh and I laughed at Rands poofy cashmere sweater.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Perrin making his wife work the forge while he’s out drinking. Lol hope he treats faille like that too.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Was it? Its been a long time since I read the books. How did it happen? I only remember a coalition of men and women opening a bore to the True Power, not really knowing about the Dark One, and then all those men being instantly struck mad. Was Lews Therin part of that or did he lead the group to seal the Bore?

No-one went mad right away - after Lews Therins' final strike where they sealed the Bore, the Dark One tainted Saidin. All the dudes started to slowly go crazy afterwards.

Overall this wasn't that bad - it's no game of thrones, but it's not legend of the seeker either. Second and third episodes followed the book a lot more closely than I expected given ep1.

Thom is good. Lan.. is not. He's ok when not talking, but his history of Shadar Logoth was just awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
My suspension of disbelief was like "I'm supposed to believe Lan and Rand think these bitches are attractive? Get the fuck out of here!" And then walked out. I haven't heard from it since. :(

this, exactly.

Its not like theres a shortage of attractive women in hollywood. They're just deliberately casting very unattractive women in these roles so they can call you racist for objecting.

It is literally as jarring to suspension of disbelief as if they cast a fat man for a runner or a thin, girly man for a brawler. Stop putting fucking black chicks in the roles that are supposed to be hot. Just stop. Its not clever or brave its just disrespectful to the source material.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Egwene and rand getting busy right off the get go pretty much ruins all the boys innocence that lasts for several books. Sex isn’t even mentioned for rand for multiple books, and he never bags Egwene. Fail.

Hopefully when they get to Tar Valon they use the power to remove all of Egwenes hideous face moles. Damn.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users