Wheel of Time

Raes

Vyemm Raider
But I dont think I've seen a single attractive person in the entire show. 90% of them cant act, and theyre all fucking ugly in some regard - so Im at a loss for why they picked most of these people.

I didn't even notice for the first few episodes, the Klingon and Cancerface were so distracting. But, then I realized and every ep now I wonder "will this be the one where we see an attractive woman???" There's a few that have been cast that are decent looking (as in super hot by comparison) but I don't think they'll be on until season 2.

I'm sure some will jump in with Pike being attractive, but while not bad, she's rather plain and looks like she sleeps with her face in a barrel of botox.

It's like the Bizarro world version of a CW show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

What if the Dragon is a man, and a Woman? Rand transitions in season 2.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
She should hook up with David Coulthard. They would have kids with jaws that could chomp steel.

Y'all clearly aren't showrunner material. They're playing the long game, she was cast for a specific scene in season 4 where she has to chomp through her a'dam to break free and seize control of the Seanchan Throne (overthrowing Jussie Smolett as Tuon).

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What if the Dragon is a man, and a Woman? Rand transitions in season 2.
You just made me think... having someone besides Rand be a "transgender" channeler, a la a woman using saidan or a man using saidar, is the exact sort of storyline this show runner would want to inject into the narrative.

Just watch, it will be in a later season if they go long enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I didn't even notice for the first few episodes, the Klingon and Cancerface were so distracting. But, then I realized and every ep now I wonder "will this be the one where we see an attractive woman???" There's a few that have been cast that are decent looking (as in super hot by comparison) but I don't think they'll be on until season 2.

I'm sure some will jump in with Pike being attractive, but while not bad, she's rather plain and looks like she sleeps with her face in a barrel of botox.

It's like the Bizarro world version of a CW show.
Yeah, before the wokening made them start casting ugly chicks in everything, people used to comment how unrealistic it was that every young adult drama was cast entirely with beautiful people. Real college classes don't look like that. etc.

Then here we have a setting where the source material explicitly calls for all beautiful people, and gives a plausible in-universe reason for it (seriously, if there was magic, thats the first thing women would do with it).

I get they cast the klingons as part of the long agenda of pretending klingons are pretty. But I don't get the iron jawed red ajah chick. She looks like the dude in The Mask but everyone on the show just pretends she's normal looking, its jarring. And shes a white chick, why cast her?

• 4Like

Caliane

You just made me think... having someone besides Rand be a "transgender" channeler, a la a woman using saidan or a man using saidar, is the exact sort of storyline this show runner would want to inject into the narrative.

shad said, the dark one did at one point resurrect a male darkfriend in a female body, and they did still channel Saidan. suggesting it was the soul that mattered, not the body. (and that souls are gendered at all) shad tried claiming, this meant trans were wrong.. but, I'm pretty sure it means the opposite. trans do feel their body and soul are mismatched, so, a proper trans person would in fact then have mismatched one power.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Sadly, this is simply not true. there isn't really any correlation between sticking to the source and being good. The only standard really is just being good. I mean, look.. The entire history of Stephen King movies. The best all have little to nothing to do with this books/stories. Recently, House on haunted hill, bly manor. Philip K. Dick stuff, such as Bladerunner and Total recall. nothing to do with the source. Theres countless examples really.

On some level, it really does have something to do with hollywood, film production, the culture, etc.
Like watch this vid on the creation of "the Lost boys" how it started.. versus how it ended.
This channel is full of stories like this. A script starts as something.. and ends up something totally different. no one really notices when its a script they never read. but then hollywood does this shit, to adapted books, and everyone notices.
Some of the best Stephen King movies were in fact pretty closely based on the stories. Stand by Me, Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, for instance.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shawshank was the OG movie that said fuck the source, we're hiring for diversity when they cast Morgan Freeman as Red.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Thanks a lot. I was calmly watching this while eating cereal, chuckling a bit, then almost sprayed my monitor when:

surprise threaten GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider

Jordan had that in his books, forsaken killed and resurrected into what ever body they had. A male went into a female body and did channel sadain.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If they actually use the Ways to travel directly to the Eye, then yea, that is a big change.
It’s a change but it would hardly be a big one. The walk through the blight really added nothing to the story overall other than just introducing the blight to the reader, which isn’t all that important until much later anyways. The Nym has no real part in the story either

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s a change but it would hardly be a big one. The walk through the blight really added nothing to the story overall other than just introducing the blight to the reader, which isn’t all that important until much later anyways. The Nym has no real part in the story either
The Nym had a pretty big part to play in the story. You know, with keeping the Eye hidden and killing one of the Forsaken, but I guess that can be left out as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The Nym had a pretty big part to play in the story. You know, with keeping the Eye hidden and killing one of the Forsaken, but I guess that can be left out as well.
It has absolutely no bearing on anything after the point that it is found though. They could say that it was hidden away by literally any other means and it would have no impact on any future parts of the story. Unless they pick something absolutely retarded, which now that I’m typing this out, yeah they would do that.

• 3Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It has absolutely no bearing on anything after the point that it is found though. They could say that it was hidden away by literally any other means and it would have no impact on any future parts of the story. Unless they pick something absolutely retarded, which now that I’m typing this out, yeah they would do that.
He's also part of the Rhuiden flashback stuff too.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We've got Nynaeve for forsaken soloing

• 3Like