Wheel of Time

Raes

Vyemm Raider
i mean those characters had an in lesbians relationship in the past in the books, but yeah 20 years and all that.

It was hardly a relationship. More along the line of college experimentation, and add the fact that it's an all girl college. In the books they are just friends, plus Moraine ends up with Thom and Siuan has a thing with Gareth Bryne. The only reason they are lovers in the show is because the showrunner is a fag (really need to keep this in your mind, as it explains a lot) and so they could have that fucking retarded callback line "on your knees." And the only reason the original line is in the show is so that they can do the callback. That's the kind of thing these idiots think is cool.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I forgot Moriane had not been back to Tar Valon in 20 years. That little detail gets dumber with her being in lesbians in the show.

I don't understand why the dagger thing was even in the show, when nothing came of it.
Well.. Moraine does contain the taint of Shadar Logoth in the fucking dagger Mat is carrying around, but she doesn't and can't remove it from him. It takes a circle of Aes Sedai in the White Tower in book 3 to finally break Mat's connection to the Dagger and lumping it into the same box with the Horn of Valere.

Going to burn my Mistborn books and send a recording of it to Brandon Sanderson, he can die in a fire for shitting on Jordan's work like he did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Feeling really fucking good about my decision to wait on your canary in a coal mine reviews before watching this

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Fadaar

That guy
Witcher season 2 drops all episodes this friday, and early reviews are super positive although that is meaningless nowadays and in fact critics liking stuff usually means it sucks lol (i think critics like WoT)

I'd like to think Henry Cavill has enough pull to keep them at least somewhat in check

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to think Henry Cavill has enough pull to keep them at least somewhat in check
I rewatched it a few months ago. There is a slight undertone of agenda's being pushed through it, but its not over the top. I fully expect them to push agenda's much further this time since season 1 was so successful. If it doesnt go full on "woke", I'll be pleasantly surprised. But Im not holding my breath considering its Netflix which has a history of fucking up following seasons on successful shows.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Maybe all of this will convince Sanderson to take an animated approach if they ever do a Stormlight or Mistborn adaptation

• 2Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Maybe all of this will convince Sanderson to take an animated approach if they ever do a Stormlight or Mistborn adaptation
If I remember right Sanderson said some company optioned the entire cosmere works for $250 million. I think he put that in one of his updates.

Writers and creators just need to realize I'm order it make a good show, stick the the source material. Anything outside of that turns to shit because they're all shit tier writers or else they'll be writing books.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

If I remember right Sanderson said some company optioned the entire cosmere works for $250 million. I think he put that in one of his updates.

Writers and creators just need to realize I'm order it make a good show, stick the the source material. Anything outside of that turns to shit because they're all shit tier writers or else they'll be writing books.
Sadly, this is simply not true. there isn't really any correlation between sticking to the source and being good. The only standard really is just being good. I mean, look.. The entire history of Stephen King movies. The best all have little to nothing to do with this books/stories. Recently, House on haunted hill, bly manor. Philip K. Dick stuff, such as Bladerunner and Total recall. nothing to do with the source. Theres countless examples really.

On some level, it really does have something to do with hollywood, film production, the culture, etc.
Like watch this vid on the creation of "the Lost boys" how it started.. versus how it ended.
This channel is full of stories like this. A script starts as something.. and ends up something totally different. no one really notices when its a script they never read. but then hollywood does this shit, to adapted books, and everyone notices.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Sadly, this is simply not true. there isn't really any correlation between sticking to the source and being good. The only standard really is just being good. I mean, look.. The entire history of Stephen King movies. The best all have little to nothing to do with this books/stories. Recently, House on haunted hill, bly manor. Philip K. Dick stuff, such as Bladerunner and Total recall. nothing to do with the source. Theres countless examples really.

On some level, it really does have something to do with hollywood, film production, the culture, etc.
Like watch this vid on the creation of "the Lost boys" how it started.. versus how it ended.
This channel is full of stories like this. A script starts as something.. and ends up something totally different. no one really notices when its a script they never read. but then hollywood does this shit, to adapted books, and everyone notices.
That’s a fair point. If it was not sticking to the source but good I wouldn’t care but when it’s not good and not sticking to the source I fault not sticking to the source.

It would be folly to go page by page and try to recreate a book on film, so the trick is to make the story work on film.

Caliane

yeah. heres another one. I was considering mentioning Dune in there. Ill let Colville say it. the guy is a massive Dune fan. practically dedicates his career to it. He likes the Lynch one better. Even specifically calls out some of the stuff Lynch added, that was not in the book. Folding space.

Ultimately, its simply, good things are good. what can also be said though, is a bad but accurate depiction, is probably way better then a bad and ALSO inaccurate depiction.
Without having read the books, GoT guys certainly have to be given some credit for taking those very long books, with tons of characters and making a well made, coherent, and interesting story for the first 2 seasons.

• 3Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Sadly, this is simply not true. there isn't really any correlation between sticking to the source and being good. The only standard really is just being good. I mean, look.. The entire history of Stephen King movies.

The issue here isn't whether or not you need to stick 100% to the source material but rather when deviations to fit a TV/movie adaptation are made that they serve an actual purpose and don't shit on the aforementioned source in an egregious way. Given the depth WoT has, most people don't remember all of the details (myself included). For instance, I had forgotten that the party does use the way's to make it to the Eye of the World in the first book. I can also forgive not needing to go through Caemlyn as the budget for the city is likely too significant for a first season. I can't forgive that the manner in which we get there is with homosexual Warder scenes (Lan is the very definition of a stoic warrior and they have him as a pussy here) alongside terrible lesbian scenes. These were thrown in to push an agenda -- which is hilarious because what they're throwing in actually destroys some of the things they're supposed to care about. The White Tower is filled with powerful and cunning women. They wouldn't let a Nynaeve & Egwene just walk out of the tower. Rather than spend screen time on making something like that more plausible (and helping push the narrative over the power of the white tower) we get the Moiraine/Siuan dynamic that no one gives a shit about. Rather than get an additional focus on some of the difficulties of the travel to the tower, or the impact of needing to contain the evil in the dagger, or Rand using the power in small unconscious ways which Moiraine picks up on, or any of a billion other things we get faggot warders sitting around campfires and having a good ol cry.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The issue here isn't whether or not you need to stick 100% to the source material but rather when deviations to fit a TV/movie adaptation are made that they serve an actual purpose and don't shit on the aforementioned source in an egregious way. Given the depth WoT has, most people don't remember all of the details (myself included). For instance, I had forgotten that the party does use the way's to make it to the Eye of the World in the first book. I can also forgive not needing to go through Caemlyn as the budget for the city is likely too significant for a first season. I can't forgive that the manner in which we get there is with homosexual Warder scenes (Lan is the very definition of a stoic warrior and they have him as a pussy here) alongside terrible lesbian scenes. These were thrown in to push an agenda -- which is hilarious because what they're throwing in actually destroys some of the things they're supposed to care about. The White Tower is filled with powerful and cunning women. They wouldn't let a Nynaeve & Egwene just walk out of the tower. Rather than spend screen time on making something like that more plausible (and helping push the narrative over the power of the white tower) we get the Moiraine/Siuan dynamic that no one gives a shit about. Rather than get an additional focus on some of the difficulties of the travel to the tower, or the impact of needing to contain the evil in the dagger, or Rand using the power in small unconscious ways which Moiraine picks up on, or any of a billion other things we get faggot warders sitting around campfires and having a good ol cry.
Ahem, I could be wrong here, but they never use the Ways to get directly to the Eye. At most they use the Ways to get close to Fal Dara, or close to the Blight. While in the Blight they get chased by Worms and that need to escape them allows the last Nym (?) to find them... which is how they find the Eye. I haven't watch the series yet, and I may not at all, so not sure how they are using the Ways. If they actually use the Ways to travel directly to the Eye, then yea, that is a big change.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What's best is when dumb shit they make up contradicts other dumb shit they make up. Such as the young Siuan scene (that we didn't need). Nynaeve's story about the former Wisdom getting turned away from the White Tower because "she too poor" makes zero sense (was already stupid) when Siuan, daughter-of-a-poor-one-handed-fisherman not only is allowed to join, but ends up becoming the fucking Amyrlin Seat. FFS.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
What's best is when dumb shit they make up contradicts other dumb shit they make up. Such as the young Siuan scene (that we didn't need). Nynaeve's story about the former Wisdom getting turned away from the White Tower because "she too poor" makes zero sense (was already stupid) when Siuan, daughter-of-a-poor-one-handed-fisherman not only is allowed to join, but ends up becoming the fucking Amyrlin Seat. FFS.

Not to defend garbage writing when it's there, but I'm pretty sure that scene in particular was meant to demonstrate the prejudice people (and especially Nynaeve) have towards Aes Sedai and the White Tower in general. Most folks have no idea how it works or how it's organized other than "them witches be dangerous yo". Most folks assume the hierarchy of the Tower works the same as the rest of the world, the nobles and rich rule the less rich and poor, and that's easy to assume because female world leaders are generally trained at the White Tower (Morgase for example). And yet, inside the Tower, all that matters is raw power. Which is why Nynaeve is such a game-changer when she's brought to the Tower. As Nyaneve discovers more about the White Tower, she'll change her views (not all though) on some of the things she thought she knew. That was brought up when she and Egwene meet Siuan and she seems surprised that it's such a casual meeting.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not to defend garbage writing when it's there, but I'm pretty sure that scene in particular was meant to demonstrate the prejudice people (and especially Nynaeve) have towards Aes Sedai and the White Tower in general. Most folks have no idea how it works or how it's organized other than "them witches be dangerous yo". Most folks assume the hierarchy of the Tower works the same as the rest of the world, the nobles and rich rule the less rich and poor, and that's easy to assume because female world leaders are generally trained at the White Tower (Morgase for example). And yet, inside the Tower, all that matters is raw power. Which is why Nynaeve is such a game-changer when she's brought to the Tower. As Nyaneve discovers more about the White Tower, she'll change her views (not all though) on some of the things she thought she knew. That was brought up when she and Egwene meet Siuan and she seems surprised that it's such a casual meeting.

Thanks for defending garbage writing by explaining shit to me like I've never read the books, all evidence to the contrary. Good job.

The actual POINT I'm making is not about the specifics of how it could fit into the lore. It's about adding useless dialogue about shit that didn't happen in the books (and for the record, that's not why people are distrustful of Aes Sedai, in fact, it's more the opposite is the case: being worried that some rando Aes Sedai is going to come to your village and take your daughter off to the WT) just to add another useless scene a few episodes later that completely contradicts it. Both that line and that scene could have been left out, (just like every fucking thing they decide to add) and we could have gotten actual important shit from the book.

• 3Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm generally not one to rip on someone for their appearance (the part of it they can't control, anyway), but man, Robert Z'Dar of the Red Ajah is damnably distracting, and somehow becoming more so with every passing episode. Woman looks like she has a bite force that could crack walnuts.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm generally not one to rip on someone for their appearance (the part of it they can't control, anyway), but man, Robert Z'Dar of the Red Ajah is damnably distracting, and somehow becoming more so with every passing episode. Woman looks like she has a bite force that could crack walnuts.
Robert Z'Dar HA! :trump: :trump: I poked fun about Kate Fleetwood being able to take a punch from Mike Tyson with ease to my g/f in the first episode but she didnt say anything back. As nice as my g/f is to everyone, she finally cracked last episode and said its distracting, too. The actors jaw is just fucking massive. But I dont think I've seen a single attractive person in the entire show. 90% of them cant act, and theyre all fucking ugly in some regard - so Im at a loss for why they picked most of these people.
24995858-0-image-a-36_1582246446323.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
She should hook up with David Coulthard. They would have kids with jaws that could chomp steel.

• 2Like