Wheel of Time

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I have to support this dude mainly because he's bringing me the entirety of enjoyment from this series. It's not that funny but it's a lot better than this show.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1639765053477.png

1639765162483.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

To be honest, this series is not bad at all. I think some people in this thread are whiney bitches. There are things I definitely don't like, but this is not trash. Its mediocre to decent, and you know what, I am fine with that.
Objectively wrong. This is the chick shad mentions at one point, in one of his. She is hilariously positive on large aspects of this mess.. However, she also has a nice breakdown on how broken the production is. lighting, sets, etc. disjointed editing. poor pacing. set ups, not having conclusions. (the dagger), payoffs... that didn't have setups (the aiel hair color, etc book fans know, but it was never mentioned in the show.). entire episodes spent on side characters, leaving main characters left with nothing. thom. set up. no real characterization. gone. the warder. some rando nobody eats up 2 entire episodes time. dropped. lesbian witch. an entire episode. rand has 1 line in that one.. an entire season done, and what do we know about rand? mat? perrin? even egwaine?

This show is visually awful. The witcher, shadow and bone, carnival row. all similar or LESS budgets and are visually massively superior.

Reuse of sets. the same hallway over and over in the white tower.. which was also the same rooms in the cursed city. no props to hide the obvious fact. no extras.

Pristine clean clothing after months of travel.

The production team is incompetent. Twilight levels of bad.

Last edited:
  • 7Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah can't really argue with any of that

the shitty thing is with this, Foundation, Cowboy Bebop, etc is that these fuckwits ruined the 1 shot we'll get in our lifetimes to see stuff we loved translated to live screen. There isn't going to be a remake of any of this stuff for at least 20-30 years now. I don't fault anyone for trying and fucking up, I don't like most of the stuff the Wachowskis have done - Sense8, Speed Racer, CLoud Atlas, etc - but you can tell they really TRIED to do everything to the best of their ability. Just like Zack Snyder may put out some real shit, but I can appreciate the level of detail in the shitty DC movies.

This show clearly has a bunch of half wits doing half assed jobs and it sucks they were given the chance.

Pretty soon we'll see Lord of the Rings, Snow Crash, Commonwealth Saga, Black Company, and a few other IPs and they will almost all suck too given history so far.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The other thing that pissed me off about this episode is Moiraine wanting to send the Red Ajah after Mat

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Caliane

starting episode 7.

oh look armor doesnt work. stabbed right through armor with spear. a throwing knife impales directly into armor. more spears going directly though armor.
also this preggo leather armor. lol. cover the boobs and waist, leave belly exposed.

moraine=Mat was a badman, and totes would have joined the dark one. lol byeeee. I doubt that was book material. feels like more character assassination.

more nyaive magic. no skill, no learning, no training. just pour power at a problem. haha. god I hate shows that do that dumb shit. its very feminist, amusingly. Sailor moon was real bad about that. constant powerups to beat foes, that are gained by realizing you had the power in you already, you just needed to believe in sailor moon even harder. and the just shooting energy beams at sailor moon to make HER stronger, and shoot energy beams at the foe, and beat them via raw power.

"im tired of you two fighting over her like shes something you could win? " what? perrins married, and this has never come up before. rand was even dating mole. what fighting to win her has ever occured?

the lack of time actually spent together in the show, makes the lin/nyiave fucking seem really quick.

male leader guy. how dare he talk to a woman this way?! men. ugh. clearly he's a MAN and thus bad. not like his wonderful perfect sister.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Making agelmar an asshole doesn't stand out as much when everyone's an asshole.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Making agelmar an asshole doesn't stand out as much when everyone's an asshole.
It only stood out to me because episode 1 was so fucking bad I just started rereading the books and it’s fresh in my mind.
That’s how bad this show is, I’m rereading thousands of pages of fucking braid tugging, and “men so dumb but women so bossy”.

• 3Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think I have your answer on budget: People. The credits are LOOOOOOONG with good standard positions like intimacy coordinator. They went big company style.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Objectively wrong. This is the chick shad mentions at one point, in one of his. She is hilariously positive on large aspects of this mess.. However, she also has a nice breakdown on how broken the production is. lighting, sets, etc. disjointed editing. poor pacing. set ups, not having conclusions. (the dagger), payoffs... that didn't have setups (the aiel hair color, etc book fans know, but it was never mentioned in the show.). entire episodes spent on side characters, leaving main characters left with nothing. thom. set up. no real characterization. gone. the warder. some rando nobody eats up 2 entire episodes time. dropped. lesbian witch. an entire episode. rand has 1 line in that one.. an entire season done, and what do we know about rand? mat? perrin? even egwaine?

This show is visually awful. The witcher, shadow and bone, carnival row. all similar or LESS budgets and are visually massively superior.

Reuse of sets. the same hallway over and over in the white tower.. which was also the same rooms in the cursed city. no props to hide the obvious fact. no extras.

Pristine clean clothing after months of travel.

The production team is incompetent. Twilight levels of bad.

This is pretty much the best point on how terrible it is. You have one of the longest series ever made with over 10,000 pages and 4 million words of material...and you fucking add your own side characters? Hundreds of characters in the books, and you focus anything on some made up bullshit? The source material shits on men and empowers women more than any series before it, and you can't just use Jordan's own Cliff's note version?

This is all about some retard getting the reins to something they don't have the intelligence to copy. They are trying to show how smart they are and it shows in every single episode. You would think that Amazon would want someone with just a little talent to help make the next Game of Thrones and bring in the money. Nope, let's use one of the retards.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This show keeps getting worse. Didn't think it was possible.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That said, showrunner Rafe Judkins was quick to point out to Decider that they wanted everything Tigraine did to not look like magic. “We just felt like there’s something so iconic about this pregnant Aiel woman fighting off a group of men,” Judkins told Decider this week. “Just seeing her when she’s actively in labor able to take down that number of guys but in a realistic way, that was the key.”

“I really didn’t want them to feel unrealistic, so everything they built for the fighting style was a) inspired by what’s in the books and the idea of it being the dance of spears. Obviously she would never touch a sword. And taking that and building it into something that when you see it on screen it doesn’t feel like [the Aiel are] magic ninjas, but it feels like this is a person who has trained their whole life. And so they are able to do things that others are not because their whole life is for [fighting this way]. So that was really important to me in the building of the Aiel fighting style is that it was something that people could actually achieve.”

Tigraine isn't Aiel, you fucking faggot, she's an (ugly as fuck, seriously. we're supposed to believe this is the mother of pretty boy Galad, lolz) Andoran princess. And she trained for like 5 years tops. But, sure, SO realistic. Especially that effortless piercing of plate armor.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Caliane

"realistic" hahhahaa. oh, wait, they're serious.

at first I thought, ok super strength, when she pierced the guy with the spear.. then jumped and grabbed the other guys cape. But then.. the thrown dagger by the other guy, also impales directly into armor effortlessly... and then that other guy gets her into a headlock... oh, ok.. no. no benefit of the doubt. the creators are just stupid.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
i just assumed tam's army was equipped with cardboard because only women get real armor in this age of the Wheel of Time

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Wheel of Time
Blood Calls Blood
Season: 1
Episode: 5
Air date: 2021-12-02

Guest stars: Maria Doyle Kennedy, Abdul Salis, Narinder Samra, Daryl McCormack, Clare Perkins, Peter Franzén, Miguel Álvarez, Mark Fletcher, Kate Fleetwood, Álvaro Morte, Priyanka Bose, Emmanuel Imani, Taylor Napier, Hammed Animashaun, Barney Harris
Perrin and Egwene run into a familiar face. Mat and Rand see strange ones. Moiraine and Lan mourn their loss.

Somehow I made it to episode 5. Idk what happened, but as soon as the academic troll dude showed up the show stopped sucking.

It’s been pretty good since then. Hopefully it holds up. Currently on episode 7.

• 3Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users