Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Wheel of Time
Blood Calls Blood
Season: 1
Episode: 5
Air date: 2021-12-02

Guest stars: Maria Doyle Kennedy, Abdul Salis, Narinder Samra, Daryl McCormack, Clare Perkins, Peter Franzén, Miguel Álvarez, Mark Fletcher, Kate Fleetwood, Álvaro Morte, Priyanka Bose, Emmanuel Imani, Taylor Napier, Hammed Animashaun, Barney Harris
Perrin and Egwene run into a familiar face. Mat and Rand see strange ones. Moiraine and Lan mourn their loss.

Somehow I made it to episode 5. Idk what happened, but as soon as the academic troll dude showed up the show stopped sucking.

It’s been pretty good since then. Hopefully it holds up. Currently on episode 7.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That said, showrunner Rafe Judkins was quick to point out to Decider that they wanted everything Tigraine did to not look like magic. “We just felt like there’s something so iconic about this pregnant Aiel woman fighting off a group of men,” Judkins told Decider this week. “Just seeing her when she’s actively in labor able to take down that number of guys but in a realistic way, that was the key.”

“I really didn’t want them to feel unrealistic, so everything they built for the fighting style was a) inspired by what’s in the books and the idea of it being the dance of spears. Obviously she would never touch a sword. And taking that and building it into something that when you see it on screen it doesn’t feel like [the Aiel are] magic ninjas, but it feels like this is a person who has trained their whole life. And so they are able to do things that others are not because their whole life is for [fighting this way]. So that was really important to me in the building of the Aiel fighting style is that it was something that people could actually achieve.”

Tigraine isn't Aiel, you fucking faggot, she's an (ugly as fuck, seriously. we're supposed to believe this is the mother of pretty boy Galad, lolz) Andoran princess. And she trained for like 5 years tops. But, sure, SO realistic. Especially that effortless piercing of plate armor.

Yeah, a pregnant woman pwning soldiers is retarded. Having not read the books I just pretended she had fantasy story superpowers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
That said, showrunner Rafe Judkins was quick to point out to Decider that they wanted everything Tigraine did to not look like magic. “We just felt like there’s something so iconic about this pregnant Aiel woman fighting off a group of men,” Judkins told Decider this week. “Just seeing her when she’s actively in labor able to take down that number of guys but in a realistic way, that was the key.”

“I really didn’t want them to feel unrealistic, so everything they built for the fighting style was a) inspired by what’s in the books and the idea of it being the dance of spears. Obviously she would never touch a sword. And taking that and building it into something that when you see it on screen it doesn’t feel like [the Aiel are] magic ninjas, but it feels like this is a person who has trained their whole life. And so they are able to do things that others are not because their whole life is for [fighting this way]. So that was really important to me in the building of the Aiel fighting style is that it was something that people could actually achieve.”

Tigraine isn't Aiel, you fucking faggot, she's an (ugly as fuck, seriously. we're supposed to believe this is the mother of pretty boy Galad, lolz) Andoran princess. And she trained for like 5 years tops. But, sure, SO realistic. Especially that effortless piercing of plate armor.
Hey you bigot, she Identifies as Aiel and therefore she is Aiel!
And honestly I have no idea why they would need to trim any plot from the books for the Tv show. 99% of the shit in the books was simply describing the womens dresses or That stupid bitch tugging at her braid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I forgot which forsaken was reborn but when he was a man, he was into some debauchery and when he was stuffed into a woman's body he continued that behavior.
The one you are thinking of was Balthamel or some such.

Lanfear and Graendel also got reborn but not into a body of the opposite gender.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Pathetic

spronk

FPS noob
Pretty sure this simp of a showrunner pays women to stomp on his nuts. Ugly ones

showrunner is gay which explains why every chick looks like an ugly dude

he was also a contestant on Survivor lol. thats who runs shows now, fucking reality faggots

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
showrunner is gay which explains why every chick looks like an ugly dude

he was also a contestant on Survivor lol. thats who runs shows now, fucking reality faggots

If that's the case then why are all the dudes hideous as well?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If that's the case then why are all the dudes hideous as well?

It's on purpose. All of it is. The fag loves to run his mouth and there's shitload of quotes from him doing interviews, including one where he talks about why he doesn't want beautiful people in his show. Some faggot bullshit about "wanting people to focus on the character not the pretty actor" or some such nonsense.

• 1WTF

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Was watching a review and dude showed a clip of Moiraine explaining the Eye of the World to the kids. She says the DO was imprisoned (lawl) there by "the last Dragon."

1639890086683.png

Which means the Dark One is:

1639890132144.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
It's on purpose. All of it is. The fag loves to run his mouth and there's shitload of quotes from him doing interviews, including one where he talks about why he doesn't want beautiful people in his show. Some faggot bullshit about "wanting people to focus on the character not the pretty actor" or some such nonsense.
Which is fine, but the characters are shit, poorly acted AND ugly, only Rosalind Pike has been decent, everyone else is complete trash.

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
The flashback to Dragonmount fight was actually pretty good. If only the whole show was on that level.

So far my general opinion is that it's aggressively mediocre, which saddens me greatly.

I do wonder at some of the complaining though - I have trouble with the idea that anyone seriously thinks Nynaeve's casting is worse than Lan's is.

I agree though, Moiraine is the single good casting in the main cast, although I'll give a positive nod to Thom's actor as well.

• 3Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If they dumped the woke mullato cast for people that can act, torched the costume designer, fired the downs kid that came up with the trolloc/Ogier muppet design, threw in a few hot AES Sedai (or at least a few that just aren’t plain ugly) and stuck to the source material, this could be good. As it is, I rate this as a three joint show out of a maximum of 5 (unconsciousness) in order to watch.
It’s pretty sad because there’s a shit ton of source material to pick and choose from. Plenty of RJ milking they could trim out while keeping the good stuff. Instead they go off the rails and I have to ask why all the descendants of Menetherin are so fucking ugly.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm pretty sure the Ogier was actually shorter than some of the humans in some of these scenes.

They've broken this in so many ways I can't even blame it all the the woke-turned-up-to-11 casting choices.

I'll never watch this again, until next week

• 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If they dumped the woke mullato cast for people that can act, torched the costume designer, fired the downs kid that came up with the trolloc/Ogier muppet design, threw in a few hot AES Sedai (or at least a few that just aren’t plain ugly) and stuck to the source material, this could be good. As it is, I rate this as a three joint show out of a maximum of 5 (unconsciousness) in order to watch.
It’s pretty sad because there’s a shit ton of source material to pick and choose from. Plenty of RJ milking they could trim out while keeping the good stuff. Instead they go off the rails and I have to ask why all the descendants of Menetherin are so fucking ugly.

He's intentionally destroying the product. Witcher Season 2 is out and it's so far above this garbage that comparisons are hard. Season 1 was also far better so it's not about funding or getting your bearings, etc, etc. This is just shit. Witcher has its flaws but at least someone gives a damn over there.

For everyone who continues to support this, you are only encouraging more garbage in the future. When Amazon recruited some rando off Survivor to make your epic fantasy show, you should have looked deeper. When it didn't seem like he had read any of the books and was making a woke statement out of your series, you should have noped out. Amazon sees now exactly what they thought they'd see. People willing to eat any shit they spew out without waiting to see if there's corn or nuts in it that at least adds flavor. You can do better. Support better shit.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

Alot of places are questioning Moraine sicing the Red Ajah on Mat. Moraine being again yet a monstrous jerk, and shitting on Mat.

I think this is actually, potentially one of the best pieces of writing in the show, if the handle it right. It actually IS a smart thing for her to do.

Liandrin confronted Moraine about the kids in Tar Valon. Liandrin knew about them, and was investigating. The other Blue's don't even know whats going on. Sending Blue's after Mat would just make the blue's ask questions, they weren't supposed to know about. Plus when Liandin found out, make her pissed. By telling the reds, she is telling Liandrin directly. And since Liandrin knows Moraine was up to something, she is 100% going to personally go investigate. And, because she knows Moraine was up to something, Also know simply gentling or killing Mat is not the correct action. Mat would be useful to her as a tool or information. Capture and grilling/torture for information is the most likely outcome. This action, then establishes Moraine's insight and ability to scheme, almost forcing Liandrin into a position of helping her. It also, establishes a certain level of respect and trust amoung the Aei Sedai, where we've only been shown that animosity so far. And, it would then also provide an avenue for a "redemption" arc for Liandrin, or at least give us a chance to see her not 100% of a monster, as she presumably warms to Mat, and starts actively protecting him, instead of just imprisoning him. not having read the book to know if she is supposed to just be a pure villain like so far. I doubt it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
He's intentionally destroying the product.

For everyone who continues to support this, you are only encouraging more garbage in the future.

Yes, it's definitely intentional.

I don't support shit. I use watchseries. :D

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
For everyone who continues to support this, you are only encouraging more garbage in the future. When Amazon recruited some rando off Survivor to make your epic fantasy show, you should have looked deeper. When it didn't seem like he had read any of the books and was making a woke statement out of your series, you should have noped out. Amazon sees now exactly what they thought they'd see. People willing to eat any shit they spew out without waiting to see if there's corn or nuts in it that at least adds flavor. You can do better. Support better shit.

amazon greenlit 3 seasons of this show before episode 1 even dropped so your viewing habits are meaningless to them

• 1Like