Wheel of Time

Siliconemelons

WOT needs to be trimmed down even if it had unlimited budget and time and sea of seasons all up front- because near the...well... beginning it was long winded lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
WOT needs to be trimmed down even if it had unlimited budget and time and sea of seasons all up front- because near the...well... beginning it was long winded lol
Most of the long winded parts especially in the beginning are scene descriptions. Like 2 pages to describe how the front of one house looks and shit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The chances that this show fucking sucks are super high. I'd love to be disappointed.
I'm gonna give it a chance. The setting allows for a lot of flexibility in terms of diversity, so I can at least turn a blind eye to that. Would it be too much to fucking ask if they looked at how good the actors are at acting before looking at their checklist, though?

We'll see which order they looked at things when this comes out.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
will nynaeve tug her hair

i think season 1 starts dropping in august, its amazon so prob 1 episode a week since they love that gay shit

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Oh I do hope they make sure the diversity quotas are correct.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Rand is going to be a jogger. Guaranteed.

• 1Salty

Rime

<Donor>

Attachments

• MV5BZTA2YzQ0YjYtODAxNC00NDI3LWIzZTMtMDg4MmEyNDMzMTVhXkEy_002.jpg
    MV5BZTA2YzQ0YjYtODAxNC00NDI3LWIzZTMtMDg4MmEyNDMzMTVhXkEy_002.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1Dislike

Rime

<Donor>
However, most of the main cast is 'deliciously diverse'. (All black)
th.jpg

Egwene.

th.jpg

Nynaeve.

th.jpg

Perrin.

Mat, Thom, and Moiraine are white, though.

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I don't give a rats ass about how much diversity is in a show. Whatever, as long as the actors or actresses can do the parts well and the story is good it usually does not matter. There's far too much concern on these forums about whether a show has too little or too much diversity instead of caring about whether the show is entertaining (or educational if that's the sort of show it is) or not. So, if y'all wonder why Mud might neg you, there's one possible reason for ya.

That said, I have a bad feeling about this show. More than one season per book means they're gonna abandon it in the middle (which might be a mercy to be sure, we'll see).

• 5Salty
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't give a rats ass about how much diversity is in a show. Whatever, as long as the actors or actresses can do the parts well and the story is good it usually does not matter. There's far too much concern on these forums about whether a show has too little or too much diversity instead of caring about whether the show is entertaining (or educational if that's the sort of show it is) or not. So, if y'all wonder why Mud might neg you, there's one possible reason for ya.

That said, I have a bad feeling about this show. More than one season per book means they're gonna abandon it in the middle (which might be a mercy to be sure, we'll see).
The push for diversity by show runners is an excellent way to determine how shit the show will be. More focus on diversity = less focus on telling a decent story. This show will be ass.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

I literally just said the same thing and you negged it. I don't care how diverse this show is, I want good actors and a good show. You're such a stupid. Sorry bro, but the path to Zero demands this.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Nynaeve is already the most annoying character in fantasy, much less WoT. Making her a "strong, black woman" on top of that is just intolerable. WoT, before it went to shit (after LoC?) was one of my favorite series of all time. Blackwashing half the main cast is total bullshit. People want a diverse cast? Make your own fucking IP.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I literally just said the same thing and you negged it. I don't care how diverse this show is, I want good actors and a good show. You're such a stupid. Sorry bro, but the path to Zero demands this.
I neg you for your rants where you disbelieve negative numbers. I don't even.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Dislike

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
However, most of the main cast is 'deliciously diverse'. (All black)
View attachment 354784
Egwene.

View attachment 354785
Nynaeve.

View attachment 354786
Perrin.

Mat, Thom, and Moiraine are white, though.

This legit for real?

There are plenty of side characters they could have used for their diversity. The Aiel you could have easily made diverse since they were a desert people. Give Tuon and the Seanchan a more screen time if you need to.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
LOL there were literally zero black or even dark skinned characters in those books.

At this point I'm not sure why they ever bother sticking to the same gender or number of limbs. Just cast anything as anything.

Just STFU if you have no idea what your talking about.

Tuon and the Seanchan.

Couple of the Foresaken were black...

Tuon.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Just STFU if you have no idea what your talking about.

Tuon and the Seanchan.

Couple of the Foresaken was black...

View attachment 354807
lol no. I see your fan fic picture but did you even read those books? I don't recall a single mention of the Seanchan being black. Werent they Artur Hawkwing's descendants, from the same land as the main characters?

Yes, a quick wiki review says they were. What is this fan fic Seanchan were black nonsense?

It does seem like there may have been one or two dark skinned forsaken, though.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like