Wheel of Time

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
We're 3 episodes in (I'll be honest, I caved and watched it but fell asleep part way through Ep 2) and y'all are complaining about the fabric choices?

This is a fucking dumpster fire and Egwene and Nynaeve are two of the ugliest women cast in any TV role, ever. Not just Zendaya-style "not pretty at all but checks the diversity box", I mean offensively fugly. Like, even virgin dudes in a small farming community would be making jokes about whether youd rather fuck a pig or Egwene, kind of ugly.

But if only they'd made better fabric choices!

so you'll watch all 8 episodes, right

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
my wife told me when we sat down to watch she read the showrunners wanted to feature more male nudity and then we saw lan's ass

but i really don't wanna see any of these titties tbh

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
As much I liked the main plot lines in the book, they were stretched out 10 years too much. I like how its cut down and moving things a long. I really didn't;'t go into this thinking this will be great due to the show runner and the major changes they did right off the bat. I think if he can change the entire perrin and faile storyline with him offing his white wife and making things more interesting in this plot then I am all for it.

You really need to disconnect yourself from the books and the show. After the first esp I realized I just need to ride this out. It's not great, but if they keep to some of the finer points like Dumani Wells fight and just blow it out of the water then I'm fine with the whitewashing changing everything up. I just want badass WoT battle scenes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is ok, not great, not bad. Watchable. More so than most of Amazon's original shows.

Never read the whole series because the first book did nothing for me, couldn't even finish it. So not invested in it.

• 1Garbage

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
This cast is awful. They sure do love filming Egwene from her left side where the moles are.... just looks like a massive zit waiting to pop. At least spare the poor girl the embarrassment and shoot her right side more. What's the point of giving Perrin a wife to kill right away, so he can be guilt riddled for the rest of the series? like they don't have enough book content to give these characters they have to make up lame ass back stories too? and FFS Perrin close your mouth, damn mouth breather. Think Nynaeve showed up to the wrong set, she's needed as a klingon on star trek diversity. If you wanna sell diversity at least offer the best of the batch not the worst of it.

Ok rant done I'll be watching the rest of this shitshow just like trek /sigh

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My girlfriend liked it but she watches the Great British Bake Off and Gilmore Girls.

I thought it sucked. I read the first five books.

First the Witcher and now this. Shitty sets. Shitty acting. Half-assed costumes and seemingly no attempt to get us into the world.

It's a soap masquerading as high fantasy.

• 1Garbage

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Xena Warrior princess is a more true telling of greek mythology, than this series is of the books by Robert Jordan/Sanderson.

Never reading the books. have fun. Go read the books after. Be prepared for a lot of pages of long drawn out braid tugging and the colors of the leave shifting in the elderich winds of blah de blah blah.
(Padian Fain is the stuff of nightmares though at least for young me. Fucking great to read this when it was originally released)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
so you'll watch all 8 episodes, right
Probably :(

Ep 3, wtf. They all exit Shadar Logoth in a hurry.

Somehow, two of them end up on a fucking mountain top, two of them on a big grassland, and two in the forest. And can't find each other.

Dickheads, you were all in the same city. Just walk around the wall in a circle til you find each other. Based on the scale depicted in the show that should have taken perhaps 30 minutes of real time before they were all reunited.

This is what happens when TV "writers" write shit. They should all be lined up on the wall and assigned to work with Alec Baldwin.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
uhh, The Expanse is great.
The Expanse and The Boys too, great shows. And there are a couple of others I like from Amazon. But most of their original content is unwatchable drek. WoT is at least better than that.

• 2Barf

Malkav

French Madman
Probably :(

Ep 3, wtf. They all exit Shadar Logoth in a hurry.

Somehow, two of them end up on a fucking mountain top, two of them on a big grassland, and two in the forest. And can't find each other.

Dickheads, you were all in the same city. Just walk around the wall in a circle til you find each other. Based on the scale depicted in the show that should have taken perhaps 30 minutes of real time before they were all reunited.

This is what happens when TV "writers" write shit. They should all be lined up on the wall and assigned to work with Alec Baldwin.

Oh yeah, that shit was infuriating : all of them end up fleeing the city from a different direction, and the dumbasses are like "alright, let's just keep going this way toward nowhere".

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Oh yeah, that shit was infuriating : all of them end up fleeing the city from a different direction, and the dumbasses are like "alright, let's just keep going this way toward nowhere".

In the book (its been a while) I believe they had a Fade and Trollocs chasing them in (and out of) the city, which made more sense how they got split up as it wasnt just leaving the city limits and boom they are safe.

Malkav

French Madman
In the book (its been a while) I believe they had a Fade and Trollocs chasing them in (and out of) the city, which made more sense how they got split up as it wasnt just leaving the city limits and boom they are safe.

That makes sense. In the show it feels like the trollocs and the Fade fucked off who knows where as soon as they entered the city. Like, half a day later when they got out they seemed to be nowhere in the vicinity.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Was this the point of the great split where Rand ended up with Mat and Thom, Perring and Egwene met Elyas, and Nyneve was with Lan/Moriane? It was a pivotal point because the Fade ends up finding one group and sets up a fucking awesome scene.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
That makes sense. In the show it feels like the trollocs and the Fade fucked off who knows where as soon as they entered the city. Like, half a day later when they got out they seemed to be nowhere in the vicinity.
I know, theyre like "ok our targets just walked into this city thats so evil and dangerous we wont even go in. Guess we'll just give up and go home!"

You could argue a Trolloc wouldnt reason this out, but a Fade would surely be thinking OK, they'll be coming back out soon, lets just wait right here.