Wheel of Time

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they dumped the woke mullato cast for people that can act, torched the costume designer, fired the downs kid that came up with the trolloc/Ogier muppet design, threw in a few hot AES Sedai (or at least a few that just aren’t plain ugly) and stuck to the source material, this could be good. As it is, I rate this as a three joint show out of a maximum of 5 (unconsciousness) in order to watch.
It’s pretty sad because there’s a shit ton of source material to pick and choose from. Plenty of RJ milking they could trim out while keeping the good stuff. Instead they go off the rails and I have to ask why all the descendants of Menetherin are so fucking ugly.
Yep. I said it a couple weeks ago, they need to recognize how much they fucked up and do a complete 180 on the direction of the show in season 2. But I don't think Rafe and co give a fuck about criticism they just seem to be jerking themselves off.

Unfortunately it's like a bad car wreck; I'll keep watching just to see how bad they are butchering it and also to come here and goof on it with you guys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When does John Cleese show up?
1640031678460.png

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The Ways:

A game you might know:

And it was the same in Darksiders too, there were pathways floating in the wind with octogonal tiles and pillars.. and probably in several other games I haven't played. It's not like anything is original in this day and age. I get the complaints about the cast being a bunch of ugly browns and one ginger, but this is one weird complaint.

You'd think the main complaint about the Ways depiction would be Machin Shin being more like a mean high-school bully and less like a sentient bloodthirsty whirlwind of shredding death.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
And it was the same in Darksiders too, there were pathways floating in the wind with octogonal tiles and pillars.. and probably in several other games I haven't played. It's not like anything is original in this day and age. I get the complaints about the cast being a bunch of ugly browns and one ginger, but this is one weird complaint.

You'd think the main complaint about the Ways depiction would be Machin Shin being more like a mean high-school bully and less like a sentient bloodthirsty whirlwind of shredding death.

Who said it was a complaint? That's just your dumbass assumption. And not being original and being a direct copy/paste are two different things. Maybe the point of my post was to show that the makers of the show actually do have the ability to copy something exactly without changing anything. Or maybe it was just something I saw on reddit and thought was hilarious, or both.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should have just copied the PC game for the Ways and been done with it. Or at least Machin Shin which was like a wind wall of faces that screamed at you or however they could have represented that in a video game from 1999.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

They should have just copied the PC game for the Ways and been done with it. Or at least Machin Shin which was like a wind wall of faces that screamed at you or however they could have represented that in a video game from 1999.

They used that footage for Tar Valon, and the cursed city. cant use it for the ways as well. that would be rediculous.

• 2Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That FPS was actually fun. Figuring out how to glitch Seekers was a good time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how well the show did because I haven't heard about it among my coworkers, friends(aside from book fan) and family.

I remember GoT had people talking about it, not necessarily that they all watched it but they asked if I heard about the show. I remember reading about it on Facebook on my feed.

There seems to be very little noise about this show outside of predisposed fanbase. Like it doesn't seem to be having any sort of cultural impact like GoT had.

They approved and started filming S2 before the first episode was released, so if its not doing well they are committed and maybe too late to readjust their aim.

spronk

FPS noob
pillars in the dark seems a fairly common RPG trope, i remember some levels in Destiny 1 & 2 having a similar vibe with the Hive, Control has a DLC kinda around it, I vaguely remember Demon Souls having something similar.

I liked the look of the Ways although I never really got the vibe of "this place has islands where fruit trees grew and the ground was soft", I know Loial said it but a visual rep woulda been nice too. Like if the corruption/Machin Shin slowly killed off life its a bit weird there are so many stone pillars around?

what the fuck is Hunters lol oh i think it was some nazi hunting TV show starring Al Pacino. Jesus amazon really has no shows anyone watches

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Goatface

so episode 1 had 1.6b min in a week and by episode 3 (plus 1&2) were down to 1b.
still stupid numbers, 1.6b is like nearly 30mil full watches

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Ways were like everything else in the world before the Breaking, pretty much fast travel paradise.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I wonder how well the show did because I haven't heard about it among my coworkers, friends(aside from book fan) and family.

I remember GoT had people talking about it, not necessarily that they all watched it but they asked if I heard about the show. I remember reading about it on Facebook on my feed.

There seems to be very little noise about this show outside of predisposed fanbase. Like it doesn't seem to be having any sort of cultural impact like GoT had.

Imagine if in GoT the Starks had been black. Would it have been as popular? Hell, if it released now not only would they have been black, but the Lannisters would have been middle-eastern and the Targaryens mexican.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
Lannisters would remain white, because they are the villains for the majority of the series.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If I can make it through a season and a half of the pile of shit that was Shannara Chronicles, this will be no problem.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
The Ways were like everything else in the world before the Breaking, pretty much fast travel paradise.
They were made during the breaking, as I recall. Men would stay in a stedding to avoid going crazy but would eventually want to leave. Made them as a gift.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lol. OK I'm done after that opening scene. That's the dumbest fucking thing put to film I've seen in my entire life. Fuck these hacks.

• 2Like