Wheel of Time

Caliane

So they didn't mention that the eye was the last untainted pool of Saidin? Didn't the well contain the Horn, the first broken seal, one still intact, and the Dragon's banner?
Bro. they haven't even said the word Saidin in the entire show. Saidin isn't even a thing in the show.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Bro. they haven't even said the word Saidin in the entire show. Saidin isn't even a thing in the show.

I haven't checked myself, but from what I've heard, the fake Tamyrlin says "saidin" when she's speaking in the Old Tongue, but the English text caption doesn't. But, yeah, other than that, no mention.

Edit: rewatched it, translated to "your Power."

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If I can make it through a season and a half of the pile of shit that was Shannara Chronicles, this will be no problem.

Smart people are supposed to learn from their mistakes. If you keep doing dumb things.......

Something to help ease the taint from your minds after watching that faggot's abomination of a finale.

@Falxy-US, dude, if you still come here, this is the guy for your next artwork.

spronk

FPS noob
lol the guy who played ba'alzamon the jew aka Ishamael aka Elan Morin Tedronai is Feres Feres, the brother of Josef Feres who is game director at Hazelight, made famous at the VGA 3 years ago by this

josef-fares-smile.gif

interview with the showrunner about season 1, zero interest in reading about what this hack has to say but he's got the keys for another 2 seasons

Izo

Tranny Chaser
On E02. So far I'm guessing the dragon power is menstruation, and this is very woke. Does it pick up or do I let Mrs. Izo finish it? The show feels like Walking Dead acting, deus ex machina enemy numbers and magic. I can't decide if it's very bad or acceptable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
On E02. So far I'm guessing the dragon power is menstruation, and this is very woke. Does it pick up or do I let Mrs. Izo finish it? The show feels like Walking Dead acting, deus ex machina enemy numbers and magic. I can't decide if it's very bad or acceptable.
If you have ever read the books, the show is hot garbage.

If you have not read the books, it is a current_era fantasy show. Lots of modern sensibilities crammed into a world that would not support them, middling CGI, wooden acting, gorgeous backgrounds, and spotty costuming.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finished the season and I understand why they had that last scene and am fine with that as the Seanchan just kinda showing up in Book 2 was a bit out of left field (as well as the start down the path of too many plotlines that took a 'trilogy' and made it 14 books). I'm also sorta okay with what they did vis a vis having Egwene and Nynaeve be part of a circle that takes out the trolloc army vs. Rand going from Clark Kent to full on Superman and just doing everything like he does in the book.

Significantly less cool with the Moraine change just to justify having Rosamund Pike in season 2. Perrin is just a complete waste of space and the less said about what they did to Mat the better. (I guess the original actor bailed at the time of the COVID production shutdown between episode 6 and 7 which prompted that whole narrative shift).

Overall I'm relatively 'meh' about the whole deal. The best part of the episode was the '3000 years ago' vignette and that's saying something.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
I thought reading the first 3 books again before this came out was a good move, turns out I was wrong. I am usually open minded and flexible when it comes to adapting books to TV/Movies, but the changes were so jarring it ruined my ability to find any enjoyment in the show.

There are no memorable moments, or even thst draw that makes you feel like you can hardly wait for the next episode.

Why anyone would not strive to be the ones that "got it right" is beyond me. Maybe I'm just jaded because I liked the,books enough.

I also agree with the criticism of the actors. The one playing Perrin really showed how bad he is in the finale. That and when Rand tried to look tough towards the end was pretty laughable, too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I never read any of the books. But I liked the portrayal of the Builder Loial. Why did they killed him =(

maybe some day ill pick up the books.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I gave this a shot but after watching the last episode I'm out. I was so looking forward to Rand's big ass scene at the end but they fucked it up. Also, why is ba'alzamon wearing a suit jacket lol.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My wife says loial is funny in the books. I think he was humourous in the show, but she said he was way funnier so he's not being done very well. She thinks they'll either ressurect him or his wife (or is it a GF) will show up to play his parts. If he's gone, I wonder if it was a problem with the actor. Actors in makeup like that can easily develop allergies to it.

I keep getting confused between Witcher and WOT because we're watching them both at the same time. Nothing big, it's mostly around remembering the rules for magic users. Like for a while I thought the witches in Witcher couldn't lie. Or sometimes I see a guy casting and have to remember which show we're on.

I'm still disappointed at how ugly the girls in WoT are.

• 1Picard

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I know this board is named akin to the fifth book. But gawd damn the show sucks donkey balls. I'll browse FoH and let Mrs. Izo suffer through it in the background from now on.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
What they did with Loial's appearance was one of those off-putting aspects that every time he was in a scene, all I could think about was how horrible he looked versus the book's description. My wife is watching it with me and she has since picked up the books. I told her it will be very obvious the things they got wrong, intentionally or not.

I don't disagree with them on condensing some stuff to fit it into 8 episodes (another discussion altogether) but there are some things you just can't skimp on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't disagree with them on condensing some stuff to fit it into 8 episodes (another discussion altogether) but there are some things you just can't skimp on.
The argument that they had to cut shit to fit into 8 episodes is completely undermined by them adding multiple episodes worth of shit that was massively retarded and added nothing of value.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What they did with Loial's appearance was one of those off-putting aspects that every time he was in a scene, all I could think about was how horrible he looked versus the book's description. My wife is watching it with me and she has since picked up the books. I told her it will be very obvious the things they got wrong, intentionally or not.

I gave up in the middle of episode 5 or 6, whatever one after the Warder emo bullshit.

But I don't think anyone was against condensing it, that was inevitable. It was the fact they added in other stupid shit (like the warder drama) and cut out major parts.

Edit: Ritley beat me

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
Agreed. Condensing the proper material to include in the show. I've been trying to figure out the most egregious change, from my perspective, and haven't decided yet because there are too many.

I'm with you on the Lan scene, too. The books were all about how rarely he would change expressions, let alone show emotions.

Another question I have is, if Egwene is supposed to be beautiful, and has a nose like that, what is Faile (?) going to look like?

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Agreed. Condensing the proper material to include in the show. I've been trying to figure out the most egregious change, from my perspective, and haven't decided yet because there are too many.

I'm with you on the Lan scene, too. The books were all about how rarely he would change expressions, let alone show emotions.

Another question I have is, if Egwene is supposed to be beautiful, and has a nose like that, what is Faile (?) going to look like?
Like this. Size for emphasis.
preview.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users