Wheel of Time

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The last few episodes have been good. There’s actual tension, the seanchan are well done, as is the representation of the collars and forsaken. It ain’t the books, but the last 2-3 episodes have been at least entertaining with few eye rolls.

But god damn, whoever decided Loial should be represented by Mike Tyson dressed up a gay ‘fro muppet should be fired.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
In the last episode, I really liked how the Yellow Ajah sister's powers seemed focused on the body of her foes, like how she could remove skin or twist the skeleton of her targets, you could see the healing / medical applications to those weaves but also how they could be used for offense. It's not like in the books but visually they've tried to give a bit of a theme to each Ajah and it's pretty cool I think.

To be fair, almost no one looks like they should but they've handled showing the weaving and powers rather well, the threads weaving around in the air and drawing patterns is really close to how I envisionned it as I read the books.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
In the last episode, I really liked how the Yellow Ajah sister's powers seemed focused on the body of her foes, like how she could remove skin or twist the skeleton of her targets, you could see the healing / medical applications to those weaves but also how they could be used for offense. It's not like in the books but visually they've tried to give a bit of a theme to each Ajah and it's pretty cool I think.

To be fair, almost no one looks like they should but they've handled showing the weaving and powers rather well, the threads weaving around in the air and drawing patterns is really close to how I envisionned it as I read the books.

Damn dude you might want to get your imagination checked. If you like this representation of weaving then I don't know what else to say.

This show is an affront to fans of the books from start to finish.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't yall say the sand people were white redheads in the books? Well they got 66% of that right, so far!

Which they probably did just to rub it in..."haha book fag: this is the way they could have all looked, but we hired a brown, ugly, wooden actor to play the primary person of this tribe anyway!"

Also, did they use sign language in the books as well?

Chaid:
2023-10-03 13.35.46 www.amazon.com c455a10e6905.png

Bain:
2023-10-03 13.37.46 www.amazon.com 6ad844a56627.png

Aviendha:
2023-10-03 13.34.45 www.amazon.com 74e7c522a0d3.png

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All someone had to do in order to have all the Aiel be as described int he books was to explain to the showrunners that the Aiel were servants/slaves that became hated by everyone else because they were known to have served the Dragon. If that had happened, there wouldn't be a single brown Aiel in the show.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which Forsaken, the relevant ones at least (Lanfear, Grendel, Ishy, Dem, Samael or Rahvin) have appeared in the show?

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually kind of like Ishamael's character. I think the actress for Lanfear is a decent fit, but I feel like they are portraying the character very contrary to the book Lanfear as far as how out in the open she is.

Beyond that, its pretty bad casting all around. So many pointless plot changes.
I was worried that they were going to go all "Dumai's Wells" with Rand shielded in Tar Valon. As it is, they have pitted Moiraine and Siuan against each other now, which is bizarre.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe Moiraine & Suian being "enemies" was a staged thing they themselves setup, but if I recall, that schism took place before Moiraine found Rand.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe Moiraine & Suian being "enemies" was a staged thing they themselves setup, but if I recall, that schism took place before Moiraine found Rand.

Its been a long time since I read those early books. Was that staged to give an excuse of why Moiraine could be away from the tower for so long? It was definitely nothing like them using the power on each other. I mean, they weren't lovers in the book either, so I dont know.

They are going to have to rewrite Thom Merrilen's motivations in later books completely.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its been a long time since I read those early books. Was that staged to give an excuse of why Moiraine could be away from the tower for so long? It was definitely nothing like them using the power on each other. I mean, they weren't lovers in the book either, so I dont know.

They are going to have to rewrite Thom Merrilen's motivations in later books completely.

Yea, their fake schism took place shortly after they witnessed that one old say the dragon had been reborn. Siuan would stay in the Tower while Moraine would be out searching, both using the Blues network to stay in touch.

What is the context of the images posted above of Lanfear and Ishmael (the image of Ishy seems to be when he became Moridin)?

Goatface

Yea, their fake schism took place shortly after they witnessed that one old say the dragon had been reborn. Siuan would stay in the Tower while Moraine would be out searching, both using the Blues network to stay in touch.

What is the context of the images posted above of Lanfear and Ishmael (the image of Ishy seems to be when he became Moridin)?

lanfear and rand in the dream world
1696428414366.png

they went before High Lord Turak after capturing Loial
1696428821000.png

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider

Those pictures of Ishamael are just him doing his thing. Thats how he looked at the eye of the world and thats he looks now at Falme.
That is Lanfear being Lanfear after she was revealed to Rand. No longer disguised as anyone and not trying to be incognito at all.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, what a travesty. I feel bad for those of you who are suffering through this series.

• 1Solidarity