Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I bought an Aeron last week. It ships June 13th thanks to Corona.

I'll probably forget I even ordered it before it arrives.

Nice. /Fistbump HM bro. Hear aeron is solid.

Also for anyone in this thread, Herman Miller is running 25% discount for military, first responders etc..

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
You see, this is why I love this place. I come here for MMO nostalgia and general abuse and end up finding beautiful shit to blow my money on.

Airia Desk
Get a Jarvis instead. Had mine for 4-5 years so far. Can't believe quality for the price. Bamboo has held up solid and looks amazing! Now I want to sell my top bamboo piece and upgrade to a larger desk top (legs are interchangeable)

Oldbased

> Than U
I literally just ordered this one yesterday.

Not sure how it will be, but i'm sick of cheap chairs.

I'll let you know when it arrives how it feels.
It's $30 cheaper on the company website. If you don't need 400lb and a 21" seat is fine in width you can get one with 3d arms instead of 2d for $50 cheaper.

Also can buy 4direction armrests for $45 on their site. It looks close to a titan but it doesn't have the angled base multi tilt which is supposed to be heavier duty and lumbar adjustment. Still maybe a option since it does have a 2 yr warranty and buying from HD you have a method of return should it not last.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Amazon.com: Alera ET4218 Etros Series Mesh Mid-Back Synchro Tilt Chair, Mesh Back/Seat, Black: Kitchen & Dining sub 200 USD, had it for years and feels the same thanks to mesh bottom. No padding that turns to flat paper after a year or so, can sit in it for hours etc.

Just looked up purchase date 2014, zero issues and yeah still feels great.
Have a Secret Labs Titan now but i can stand by the Alera chairs too. Had one before the titan and it was trooper. Had it for years and ended up giving it to my dad when I switched since it was still in great condition.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Have an Aeron too. Just don't do what I did and make sure when ordering that you selected to have the recliner lock installed. Mine takes little to no force to start reclining so I have to put a lot of effort into staying upright. It's been a few years and I never bothered/wanted to see about sending it back to add it.

As others have said though, the warranty is hard to beat on repairs. I haven't needed one yet, but when I would go through the basic costco office chair every few years, I was paying the same price over time for an inferior chair.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought one of those expensive DXRacers a few years back. I don't recommend it. It's useful but way too expensive and not much better than the $60 dollar chair it replaced. Would have left it at the dumpster by now if it wasn't so f'ing heavy.

• 1Like

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
I got one of these LaZboy home office chairs a year ago. It's nice, comfortable, and after a year it is still like the day I bought it.

Had one of these for about 3 years before it started creaking and peeling at the armrests, didn't buy the protection plan but solid purchase. Upgraded to the Secret Lab Titan, about a year in and enjoy it so far - definitely makes my back feel better sitting in it all day.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

I went with this one, thanks dude. Price isn't so crazy that I have to think a ton about it, and if this one is giving me problems in 2-3 years again it'll be time to just throw 1200$ at HM or something.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Have a Secret Labs Titan now but i can stand by the Alera chairs too. Had one before the titan and it was trooper. Had it for years and ended up giving it to my dad when I switched since it was still in great condition.
can you skip the armrest installation?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buddy got this one while I went with the Vertagear chair and i regret not going for this one at a cheaper price.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
^^^^ Seconding this chair above. I usually get a new one every couple of years or so, but I have been using this Serta model chair for 10+ years now. I've never understood the craze with those expensive ass bright colored gaming desk chairs - I guarantee you this chair is more comfortable than the lot of them, 10 times out of 10. Cheaper too.

It's also built for the fat in mind; so it's durable as a mother fucker.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I've been pretty happy with the steelcase gesture. Probably not worth the cost, but it's very comfortable without requiring a lot of fucking around with adjustments. Also the only chair with armrests I've ever used where I didn't take the armrests off due to shitty positioning.

I used to use one similar to the one Crone posted above ( no arms ) for about 15 years, would probably still use it if the wheels hadn't broken. Couldn't find replacement parts because it was too old.

I used one with a mesh seat for a while, but wasn't a fan, after long seated sessions the mesh irritated my legs when wearing shorts or thin pants. I ended up laying a towel over it most of the time.

Oldbased

> Than U
Buddy got this one while I went with the Vertagear chair and i regret not going for this one at a cheaper price.

Another option basically same chair but with adjustable arms( and $25 cheaper )

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Will put this here also...

The Dark Wizard has arrived and been assembled! 1st impression is...It's built like a tank. Heavy duty screws. Definitely made for big guys. Took less than an hour to assemble. Everything lined up damn near perfectly.

The lumbar support! The upper back support! How the hell have I not had these all these years! The more than ample seat cushion appears to be better quality. Don't see it going flat for awhile. The Ricardo Montalban Corinthian leather isn't going to break down or rip. We'll see about the seams though. The armrests could use some cushioning. They also don't go up as high as I would want. I bought new wheels also. I want rubber wheels is all.

1st impression score 9/10.

IMG_20200424_180836.jpg