Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
I've had a Secret Lab Titan for about 6-8 months now. I really like it but the PU rubber on both the armrests started to crack/tear all along the edges about 3-4 months ago. Friend bought one at same time and has same issue. Had a Maxnomic chair for 3 years before that with no issues. Replacement armrests/covers are always out of stock when I check their site also.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a Secret Lab Titan for about 6-8 months now. I really like it but the PU rubber on both the armrests started to crack/tear all along the edges about 3-4 months ago. Friend bought one at same time and has same issue. Had a Maxnomic chair for 3 years before that with no issues. Replacement armrests/covers are always out of stock when I check their site also.

Put some of these Bad Larry’s on there.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand the need for a computer/office chair. You are in your home, not at work, just go to the furniture store and buy a real chair. One that is comfy enough where you can, game, fall asleep, wake up, game, repeat.
Do you really need wheels and movement? I find the movement, and position of an office/computer chair annoying when gaming. Do you sit in a computer/office chair while playing your console?

Last edited:
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haven't had that issue with mine that I got back around that time

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't understand the need for a computer/office chair. You are in your home, not at work, just go to the furniture store and buy a real chair. One that is comfy enough where you can, game, fall asleep, wake up, game, repeat.
Do you really need wheels and movement? I find the movement, and position of an office/computer chair annoying when gaming. Do you sit in a computer/office chair while playing your console?
While this might work with a gamepad, when I used a mouse/kb, I need to have good sitting posture at my computer to play long periods of time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

You need to pull out a chair to get into it and you need to pull it back into position so you can sit at your desk effectively. This is kind of a pain in the ass if you have a rug/carpet in your computer room. Not to mention that you, for some reason, think sitting at a computer at work is somehow different than sitting at a computer in your house.

Operating a mouse + keyboard effectively is entirely different than using a controller. Have you ever tried to use a mouse + keyboard from your couch? You are on a gaming forum talking to a bunch of lifelong gamers and I'd be surprised if anyone else here shares your... unique opinion.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
My small recliner slides under my desk just fine. It works 100% fine with mouse and keyboard, since they are still on my desk. My recliner slides in and out just fine with one of those carpet chair mats. I will never go back to a computer/office chair, they just dont compare in comfort for long gaming sessions. To each his own. Imagine not being able to put your legs up when gaming.. lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

My small recliner slides under my desk just fine. It works 100% fine with mouse and keyboard, since they are still on my desk. My recliner slides in and out just fine with one of those carpet chair mats. I will never go back to a computer/office chair, they just dont compare in comfort for long gaming sessions. To each his own. Imagine not being able to put your legs up when gaming.. lol.

Imagine not knowing they make footrests for office chairs.

• 1Like

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like something an EQ player would do
It sounds like anyone who plays games for a long period of time would want to do, the poopsocking. Putting your feet/legs up, sitting in a recline, is more comfortable, and easier on the body than sitting at a 90-degree angle for along periods of time. Sitting at 90-degrees, for hours on end, can cause all kinds of problems. The best part about using a recliner is being able to sit in them at the furniture store, making sure they have good lower back support. You can not test out most office/computer chairs, staples and bestbuy only carry so many, mostly cheap ones. Sure you can buy them online and mail it back, but really, who wants to spend time doing that. I have never seen a leg rest, fully reclining computer/office chair at my local stores and as I said before the movement of a computer chair for long session is annoying , you want something solid, not something that swivels and rolls. If you want something that is solid, doesn't move around, less stress on the body, and is comfortable enough to sleep in, a recliner is the way to go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im just trying to figure out how you'd play a competitive online FPS like this but then I remembered back to mythic raiding on what type of players we had

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Can we get a picture of what you're using for your setup?

Khane

This guy is doing all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify using a la-z-boy as a computer chair. Acting like office chairs don't recline or you can't just buy a footrest.

I'll take my Aeron over any furniture store recliner every single time.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have a Maxnomic ergo chair. Quite comfortable. Have had it for 2 years now. Do not regret it.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can we get a picture of what you're using for your setup?
chiardesk.jpg

Something like this. Also my desk is a T type metal frame desk with no backing so my legs can stick out.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Something like this. Also my desk is a T type metal frame desk with no backing so my legs can stick out.

I'm just not sure how this can get close to your desk, and you have proper back support. Proper height? I see this as being too low or too high depending on the chair no? Stack a ton of pillows for lumbar or height? Or you're using a board across the arm rests? That just doesn't look comfortable. Just seems that a proper office/gaming chair is just a much better solution.

Clipboard01.jpg

Khane

I'm just not sure how this can get close to your desk, and you have proper back support. Proper height? I see this as being too low or too high depending on the chair no? Stack a ton of pillows for lumbar or height? Or you're using a board across the arm rests? That just doesn't look comfortable. Just seems that a proper office/gaming chair is just a much better solution.

View attachment 304064

That things been rigged up on wheels. It's not ili approved.

• 1Worf