Which Mass Effect installment is your favorite?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I think Mass Effect 2 is the most balanced. The first game grants you more opportunities to explore, but most of the environments are rehashed and many of the missions are boilerplate. Mass Effect 3 lies at the other extreme. You can't really explore outside the main storyline and most of the missions are lame fetch quests. Who thought it was a good idea to scan planets for mission items? Anyway, which one if your favorite?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Probably 3 because of the multiplayer. 2 was the first one I played, definitely loved it. Never actually finished part 1, always get 5 or 6 hours in and just kinda peter out.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd say two, but my wife just glared at me and called me a snob for not enjoying playing multiplayer with her in 3...so now I have to say 3.

Raign

Golden Squire
3 for me as well. The single player was as good as the others and the multiplayer was excellent - I probably would have paid for the two separately since I got a lot of play out of both

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The gameplay systems were definitely the most fleshed out in 3, story-wise it's a tie between 2 and 3, because of Mordin. His death...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
3, mainly because of the multiplayer which I must have dumped well over 100 hours into.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
2. I prefer the more emphasis on action than the first while the story is a tie between 1 & 2. Didn't play ME3 multiplayer, but there's no way it makes up for the dogshit that was Kai Lung and the abortion of an ending

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
2 because Mordin was amazing, watched Mordin sacrifice himself in 3 and was too pissed off to finish it(from what I read/watched that wasn't a bad thing).

khalid

Unelected Mod
Hard to say, 2 was incredible and in many ways I liked the gameplayer better than 3. Still, 3 had multiplayer. I still play that shit sometimes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

As silly as it sounds I separate the multiplayer from ME3 because it's so different from the game, was made by a different studio and is basically the culmination of building and refining a combat system from three separate games. I feel like crediting ME3 because of the MP almost does a disservice to the group that made it and gives undue credit to the couple of dicks who ruined ME3. I'd be excited for a standalone ME multiplayer game but honestly I'm so burnt out from that gameplay from putting in several hundred hours into it I probably wouldn't play it much.

I like 1 better than 2 because:
1. It was more sandbox oriented.
2. It was original and fresh.
3. I liked driving my mako around.

Objectively speaking 2 is the best, just because the mechanics were better, the squadmates were excellent and the storyline was incredible.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
hands down Mass Effect 1

and yes the Mako was fuckin bad but still fun to explore lol

spronk

FPS noob
i'd have to say 1, 2, then 3. 2 is probably the best story, but without all the stuff you found out in 1 i can't imagine it being as good, so 1 sets everything up and did an amazing job building a really, really cool universe that was just so immersive. I've also replayed 1 & 2 a few times, haven't touched 3 since that dogshit ending. 90% of 3 was great, but man I just feel the bile in me rising as I think about the ending, GODDAMN IT

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never had a problem with the mako. I spent a lot of time driving around exploring the planets.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're wrong. ME3 could have murdered your firstborn and ME3 multiplayer would have made up for it.
I'd prefer the murder of my first born to ME3

Also might be different if you have RL friends (obviously I have none) to play the multiplayer with. Random assholes online irritate the hell out of me.

Sean_sl

shitlord
ME2 was easily the best game & story.

ME3's multiplayer was great, but like Tuco said it really was practically a totally separate game. Plus, ME3 was just had too much garbage. The shitty ending, Kai Leng, them throwing out the entirety of your resource gathering and making it all pointless, etc. You did get to bang Tali though so there is that.