Which Mass Effect installment is your favorite?

Raign

Golden Squire
what kind of MP did ME3 have?
Dont think anyone replied to you Quin. Basically, you picked a class from the game (with a SHIT TON of extras unlocked by playing) and were thrown into maps along with a few other people to fight off waves of mobs from the game. Various difficulty settings, TONS and TONS of gear and characters to unlock, dozens of class and power combinations. Basically it was a very well done Team Fortress style game but PVE.

Like has been said above, I dumped probably 3 times the hours into that vs. the main game. Was a ton of fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's really hard to play the main game after playing multiplayer. The character classes are just so boring compared to multiplayer.

Fadaar

That guy
Gameplay wise ME3 was far and away the best, no question

ME1 was the best for story and the open world aspect of it

ME2 was probably the best balanced and the most difficult when played on Insanity

My overall favorite? ME3, mostly because the actual shooting aspect of it is so much better than the other two and because of multiplayer.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ME2 was by and far my favorite game in the series. The story and game play were top notch, and I got to kick a guy down an elevator shaft.. so yea that was pretty fucking awesome. ME3 game play wise was great, it just shit the bed in the final hours which has still left a bitter after taste in my mouth. ME1 was good for it's time but I don't look back on it nearly as fondly as ME2 or even ME3.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dont think anyone replied to you Quin. Basically, you picked a class from the game (with a SHIT TON of extras unlocked by playing) and were thrown into maps along with a few other people to fight off waves of mobs from the game. Various difficulty settings, TONS and TONS of gear and characters to unlock, dozens of class and power combinations. Basically it was a very well done Team Fortress style game but PVE.

Like has been said above, I dumped probably 3 times the hours into that vs. the main game. Was a ton of fun.
That sounds rad, and very unique.

Raign

Golden Squire
Honestly, it is worth the price of the game, especially if you can pick it up cheap because it is 'old' now.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

As silly as it sounds I separate the multiplayer from ME3 because it's so different from the game, was made by a different studio and is basically the culmination of building and refining a combat system from three separate games. I feel like crediting ME3 because of the MP almost does a disservice to the group that made it and gives undue credit to the couple of dicks who ruined ME3. I'd be excited for a standalone ME multiplayer game but honestly I'm so burnt out from that gameplay from putting in several hundred hours into it I probably wouldn't play it much.

I like 1 better than 2 because:
1. It was more sandbox oriented.
2. It was original and fresh.
3. I liked driving my mako around.

Objectively speaking 2 is the best, just because the mechanics were better, the squadmates were excellent and the storyline was incredible.
So much this. It's true I wish I could be as well spoken as you one day...

I hated the "point of no return" aspect of ME2.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
According to Steam/Origin I've played ME2 for 352 hours. Played ME1 for 226 hours. Played ME3 for 125 hours. A decent chunk of that was probably multiplayer and reloading the Citadel DLC just to see what everyone's Tuxedo looked like.

Man do I love the shit out of some ME2. My ME3 playthroughs gradually became more cynical as time went on as I always found myself shooting Mordin in the back and blasting Wrex through a window. The Shadowbroker and the Citadel DLC were definitely the best out of the bunch. Omega/Leviathan/Arrival were all equally shitty imo.

The Mako sucks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the separation between people who like ME2 over ME1 and the opposite is entirely based on people's opinions of the mako and exploration in the mako.

For me, the mako was an extremely mobile vehicle that I could do spinning trick shots and dodge all kinds of crazy shit with. I don't get how people can hate it so much.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is one of those series that I've never played, because as they were coming out, I was far far too addicted to MMO's to even care.

I recently bought on deal the trilogy pack, and reading peoples comments makes me want to play them even more. Especially ME3 multiplayer.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
After using the hovercraft, even though it was only used a handful of times, I would much prefer to use the Hammerhead over the Mako if given the choice. I think it's just all those bad experiences trying to crest a mountain in the Mako, coming up short, and then tumbling all the way back down again. Elatania comes to mind where this happened everytime I wanted to put Sha'ira's crystal into that big metal ball. Fuck that planet.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never would have guessed it, but the booster pack concept worked incredibly well for a multiplayer shooter.

Play the game, earn credits, buy boosters, with the chance of getting rare-new classes and guns to play with. Then, the fact that it was teamwork based against horde's and not PvP also played out better than could be imagined. They took some risks and brought something fresh and really fun to the table.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never would have guessed it, but the booster pack concept worked incredibly well for a multiplayer shooter.

Play the game, earn credits, buy boosters, with the chance of getting rare-new classes and guns to play with. Then, the fact that it was teamwork based against horde's and not PvP also played out better than could be imagined. They took some risks and brought something fresh and really fun to the table.
I had every rare at 10 and was working on the ultra rares when my xbox live membership expired and I didn't bother renewing it. My last big playing spree I spent 3m credits on premium spectre packs and didn't get a single ultra rare, so I was pretty pissed.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
ME1.

Then again, I'm on record (not that FoH exists anymore, but whatever) as saying every Bioware game is worse than the last one since at least KotOR.

ME1 has flaws - the shooting is terrible (since in truth all they did was bolt on some weak realtime projectiles to the KotOR engine), the inventory system was trash, and exploration in the Mako took way too much time.

But actually exploring in the Mako is superior to the (even when fixed) brain-dead survey probe, yes/no to one of the overly repeated subdungeons, repeat of ME2. There's quests that don't just connect to your party members, and some missions are actually solved without gunfire. There's at least the promise of divergent paths (even if later games just turned those choices into "some other voice actor will read almost the same line while standing in the same spot"). You can actually customize your playstyle with equipment.

And the biggest reason I prefer 1? It's NOT A FUCKING GODDAMN COVER SHOOTER like everything else since Gears.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I feel like the separation between people who like ME2 over ME1 and the opposite is entirely based on people's opinions of the mako and exploration in the mako.

For me, the mako was an extremely mobile vehicle that I could do spinning trick shots and dodge all kinds of crazy shit with. I don't get how people can hate it so much.
The mako was cool, but really unrefined. I wouldn't have minded if they had tried to improve it a lot. The "worst" part of the Mako was the really shitty worlds that were hard to navigate and those should have been polished more. It really got more hate than it deserved.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I didn't HATE the mako really, but it did feel boring and really didn't add anything to the game for me. Holding it against ME1 like it's Kai Leng is ridiculous, though