Which Mass Effect installment is your favorite?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a shame that the Hammerhead got relegated to a pair of DLC missions in ME2, cause it was a ton of fun to pilot compared to the Mako.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yes, they could have "fixed" the Mako... simply by cutting the size of each world down by 50% (or more) and having areas that you had to look around for the right valleys to get into.

The problem was less the Mako's controls than the total time you had to spend in the thing to find everything.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
3; with the exception of the last 15 minutes, its one of my favorite games of all time. The ending really sinks my battleship, though, even with the "improved" endings.

I really enjoyed them all. One of the best series ever made IMO.
This, really.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yes, they could have "fixed" the Mako... simply by cutting the size of each world down by 50% (or more) and having areas that you had to look around for the right valleys to get into.

The problem was less the Mako's controls than the total time you had to spend in the thing to find everything.
What's silly to me is that it's the "Spiritual Successor" to Star Control, the whole Mako thing is directly from Star Control 2. And in SC2 you can actually choose where to set down your fucking lander (Mako).

In ME your lander is always in the middle of 3+ distant POI's. Because the Normandy cant be more exact than that.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
No one else had a problem with ME 3's side missions? They made the game feel soulless and empty.
Yea, ME3 had numerous flaws throughout the game that all get overshadowed and overlooked because everyone focuses on the clusterfuck that was the ending. It was by no means a perfect game prior to that. ME2 avoided the "sequel feeling" by renovating gameplay drastically. They took a leap from 1 to 2 and it paid off. With 3 they just took another step in that direction and ended up with a sequel to 2, which still would've been a decent game. Then they borrowed some drugs from Brad and wrote the ending.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
I feel like the separation between people who like ME2 over ME1 and the opposite is entirely based on people's opinions of the mako and exploration in the mako.

For me, the mako was an extremely mobile vehicle that I could do spinning trick shots and dodge all kinds of crazy shit with. I don't get how people can hate it so much.
I liked the mako, it had clear problems but I felt it could've been fixed. Never understood the amount of hate it got. It's not like the shit they replaced it with was any better.

I think part of the ratings is that 1 is a tough game for people to pick up if they've already played some of 2 or 3. The combat and some other aspects feel dated, especially with how much more streamlined the other games are. I would always tell my friends they had to start with 1 or they'd never get the full experience.

Sulrn

Deuces
Each game had its good parts. I'd take

The music, gameplay, gun customization, and depth of squad characterization and humanization of 3.
The coherent story plots of 2 and 1.
The quality of story DLC of 2 and darkish story tones in general.
The real SIDEquests, the weapon/armor markets, and biotics of the first game.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Still love 1 the most; the whole feel of the game was just very Perfect Dark feeling, and I fucking loved that game. I think even the fucking death music is the same or nearly?

The Mako was a low point; thing operated like a god damn refrigerator on a skateboard, but meh.

1 for me was just sooo big and sooo uh, organic I guess? Which is funny, because they specifically made characters and things change in ME3 to create that feeling, but I got far more of it in ME1. Not sure why; maybe because there was a world that wasn't just loading between points? Not sure, but I loved walking around the Citadel, and visiting all the planets etc.

Next would be 2, and finally 3. That's ending aside btw. MP in 3 was fucking awesome, but there's something about a Rebel Shepard that sets my loins aflame.