Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It’s all trash anyway, best to avoid. At my age quality > quantity any time. Not that I don’t give in sometimes and inhale a whole box of Girl Scout cookies in 10 minutes or less.
Cookie GIF by NBC

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Way back in the day, there was some version of a chocolate and vanilla cream PopTart that was my absolute favorite, but at some point, they got rid of it. Now, I know what you're thinking, but no. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, the cookies and cream is not the same. Chocolate fudge, cherry, and brown sugar cinnamon are all still good flavors, but goddamn, that hot fudge sundae...still tastes just like back in the day. Bought a box the other week and it took all my willpower to not just ram the whole box in about 10 minutes.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i would just say the recipes for most foods have changed since the 90s. very few things i loved as a kid still taste the same. its not in my head. the textures have changed too. a twinkie used to be a wet little delicious cake. now its a dry barely edible cake. Wonder Bread was soft ad mushy. you could use the slices for everything and it saved you money because not many used to buy dedicated rolls. then it got very dry and tasteless. i cant eat it anymore.

Late 80's early 90's is when they pushed hard against dairy/butter/saturated fat and started loading everything up with margarine, trans fat, and soybean oil. Read the packages today, damn near everything has soybean oil in it now. I don't buy that shit anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Late 80's early 90's is when they pushed hard against dairy/butter/saturated fat and started loading everything up with margarine, trans fat, and soybean oil. Read the packages today, damn near everything has soybean oil in it now. I don't buy that shit anymore.
so what they did was make me stop buying big name brand stuff and only buy from local mom n pop bakeries. bread, pastries. my favorite bakery here in Jresey is Calandras. best bread in the state. all bread is compared to them.
iu

iu

iu

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
so what they did was make me stop buying big name brand stuff and only buy from local mom n pop bakeries. bread, pastries. my favorite bakery here in Jresey is Calandras. best bread in the state. all bread is compared to them.
iu

iu

iu

Hit up Jim Mains if you're ever in South Jersey. Fresh donuts, danishes, etc

1707959990605.jpeg

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
i would just say the recipes for most foods have changed since the 90s. very few things i loved as a kid still taste the same. its not in my head. the textures have changed too. a twinkie used to be a wet little delicious cake. now its a dry barely edible cake. Wonder Bread was soft ad mushy. you could use the slices for everything and it saved you money because not many used to buy dedicated rolls. then it got very dry and tasteless. i cant eat it anymore.
You aren't imagining things. Food is becoming inedible. Everything is synthesized in a lab to kinda sorta taste like what real food used to taste like. It's getting hard to find something that hasn't been adulterated to a vast extent. GF used to love sweets, now she doesn't even wander the sweets aisles anymore. Stupid high prices and very low quality. Chocolate bars that taste like cocoa wax, hardly any real chocolate in them. Hell, even Doritos taste like some science experiment gone wrong.

I got some Velveeta mac & cheese. The cheese very obviously wasn't real. It tasted like a petrochemical product. Into the trash it went. GF used to get pop tarts all the time, stopped with the last two boxes. Hard, almost no filling, and yet again more weird science product taste to them. She broke off the edges because they were hard and dry. It was half the product, no filling at all. Into the trash.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Wildberry was the best.
Wild berry was pretty damn good, too. I never saw that wild cherry flavor from that picture, though. Wonder how I missed out on that, would’ve loved to try it. I also have a soft spot for the grape flavor, but they just discontinued it at my store (so got to get a few boxes for like $1 each).

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You aren't imagining things. Food is becoming inedible. Everything is synthesized in a lab to kinda sorta taste like what real food used to taste like. It's getting hard to find something that hasn't been adulterated to a vast extent. GF used to love sweets, now she doesn't even wander the sweets aisles anymore. Stupid high prices and very low quality. Chocolate bars that taste like cocoa wax, hardly any real chocolate in them. Hell, even Doritos taste like some science experiment gone wrong.

I got some Velveeta mac & cheese. The cheese very obviously wasn't real. It tasted like a petrochemical product. Into the trash it went. GF used to get pop tarts all the time, stopped with the last two boxes. Hard, almost no filling, and yet again more weird science product taste to them. She broke off the edges because they were hard and dry. It was half the product, no filling at all. Into the trash.
for a long time Crispy Creme was the best donuts because they didnt follow Dunkin Doughnuts when they shit up their recipes. i knew the day DD changed their recipe because i got sick from their donuts because of the grease. i knew i would get sick, but i chalked that up to price you pay for wonderful donuts. then they changed and i could eat their donuts all day long and got nothing. they also tasted like shit now. Crispy Creme held out out as long as they could and then one day they were dry and tasteless like DD. Entenmann choc donuts still seem ok. taste the same as i remember, but i might be wrong and its wishful thinking.

Oldbased

> Than U
They are quite bad now. Thin, almost no filling, and hard as concrete. GF used to love them, but she threw these away.
The Great Value used to be worse but last time I got a box which was early Jan they were some of the beefiest shits I've seen. They were almost 1/2 and that is the generic shit. I stopped buying name brand a year+ back due to price and as you said quality.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
iu

iu

iu
don't the shop rites still have the 5 boro bread booths?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
don't the shop rites still have the 5 boro bread booths?
they got a little variety like Calandra, Paramount and a few others, but i dont think its no 5 boros. i mean maybe the shop rite in the City where you were has it, but in Jersey we got a lot of bakeries too.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think pop tarts got taken over by Uncrustables or whatever. I still haven't tried one but I buy them for friends. They eat those things frozen