Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Goatface

i think she has an entire album with some old fuck named Tony Bennet. not a fan of his. chick is just weird and her studio albums only sell about half what their previous albums sell. acting better work for her eventually because she's pretty much done now otherwise. chick is 38. she's getting close to the end of her hot girl summer.
she is getting $12 million for joker 2 just under what robbie got for barbie

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Her net worth is somewhere between $150M and $320M. If I had that much in the bank I wouldn't give a fuck if my records sold either.
even the mega rich dont want their names associated with shit. how many billions Elon has and he's still dedicated to making the best EV cars.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Please someone die already holy shit
iu

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Muse, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs and more, there was a big "Indie" scene in the UK around that time.

Lol cites the big indie scene then mentions the most mainstream examples of "indie" bands possible. Typical Chris.

I used to call my friends at the time "indie bogs" because they all wore skinny jeans with pointy shoes, were in bands, stuck covers of the NME on their walls and went to the same indie club every weekend. Meanwhile I liked the indie-electro crossover nights that emerged nationwide following the success of Trash by Erol Alkan at The End but was more partial to the electro side which would end up influencing or at least being adjacent to what yanks started calling edm. Now a lot of that music is being called the blog house era

Soulwax/2manydjs
Bloc Party
Lcd Soundsystem
Justice
Metronomy
2 door cinema club
Hot chip
Mgmt
The xx
Klaxons

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've made a handful of posts about it, but I'm really starting to believe the Telecommunications Act in 1996 is why we're so nostalgic. Because it allowed all the media companies to consolidate, it got rid of all of the risk and made everything the same. New music sucks because the record and radio stations became mega corps. Hollywood did the same.

And you can really point to everything that came after that as lesser.
Rick Beato recently did a talk with a record industry friend of his about that very topic, in relation to rock music.

I'm pretty sure this is this one:

Also, I'm shocked that Ossie and Chris were listening to better music than Chuk, in the 2000s, shocked I tell you!

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rick Beato recently did a talk with a record industry friend of his about that very topic, in relation to rock music.

Also, I'm shocked that Ossie and Chris were listening to better music than Chuk, in the 2000s, shocked I tell you!
it actually says more about you than it does me that you share tastes with those two nimcompoops.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it actually says more about you than it does me that you share tastes with those two nimcompoops.
It's a very low bar for them to pass when your listing a bunch of pop trash that is little better than the pop "country" music that is popular today.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It's a compelling explanation the homogeneity we ended up with entering in to the 2000s.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
the pop "country" music that is popular today.

Radio country is ass cancer. I recently started running in to Luke Combs cover of Tracy Champman's song Fast Car and it makes yearn for civilization's fiery end.

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

You misspelled Autistic.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's a very low bar for them to pass when your listing a bunch of pop trash that is little better than the pop "country" music that is popular today.
i dont follow country music, i just liked that little era of chick pop music 14 years ago. i still listen to those songs. i dont ask anyone to share my opinion but its what i like. its probably connected to my GF at the time who was big into Gaga, Swift and the others and we sang those songs in the car together.

side story for the Ossoy stalker thread. while i was in the hospital. i get a phone call at 3am on my cell phone, its that ex from back then wanting to know how i am, she works graveyard at that hospital and asks me if its ok to come see me. i havent seen her since 2013 but i say sure, come on up. so 4 AM i have a reunion with her. she's still the same goofball. but i was happy to see her. was like old times. she even asked me if we could take a selfie. had to tell her no. but wtf who wants to have their picture taken in the hospital when they're hooked up to a IV and feeling like shit? still was nice seeing her again and we talk more reguarly now. the chukman still got it.

Oldbased

> Than U