Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Cybsled

I mean if he had an opioid allergy, sure, but I highly doubt it. Anaphylaxis is most common with severe food allergies or stuff like bees, but it can occur with certain medications as well

Juvarisx

Florida

"Chiarello died Friday at Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa due to an allergic reaction that resulted in anaphylactic shock, according to Chiarello’s restaurant group Gruppo Chiarello. He had been at the hospital receiving treatment for the allergic reaction over the past week. Details on how he developed the allergic reaction were not immediately available."

So i ate mushroom broth in raamen when i was 25 or so, by accident and i am severly allergic to mushrooms. Even after the initial reaction which was brought under control i was in the hospital for 4 days due to it, its not a joke.

This must have been food related and accidental, its hard to go to restaurants as it is, being a celeb chef and everyone is trying to show you how good they are is going to lead to accidents. Hell it almost happened to be in Chicago last week.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

"Chiarello died Friday at Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa due to an allergic reaction that resulted in anaphylactic shock, according to Chiarello’s restaurant group Gruppo Chiarello. He had been at the hospital receiving treatment for the allergic reaction over the past week. Details on how he developed the allergic reaction were not immediately available."

So i ate mushroom broth in raamen when i was 25 or so, by accident and i am severly allergic to mushrooms. Even after the initial reaction which was brought under control i was in the hospital for 4 days due to it, its not a joke.

This must have been food related and accidental, its hard to go to restaurants as it is, being a celeb chef and everyone is trying to show you how good they are is going to lead to accidents. Hell it almost happened to be in Chicago last week.
darwinrustled.gif

Juvarisx

Florida

Lol, as long as you are careful its an easy one, its the peanut allergies I feel badly for people who have that. Most people have a mild food allergy that presents itself as not so serious, its usually insta run to the bathroom. My wife's friend actually had the gluten allergy for real and it was causing neurological issues till she went gluten free, it was fucking weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I just find it odd that a professional chef with his broad exposure to ingredients over decades would suddenly find himself fatally allergic to something he'd never come across before...

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

It happens more often than you think. There’s always shit you haven’t been exposed to. Like take honey - you might be fine with honey until you get some made from a plant you happen to be allergic to. People can also develop allergies later in life, it isn’t always some “from birth thing”.

• 3Like

Goatface

long time ago, worked in really nice kitchen at a event center. after an allergy scare, they brought in allergen expert that went over the whole place and gave a seminar. learned that if someone says they have a strong nut allergy it is best to tell them to go away. with many strong allergies even mild cross contamination could send someone to the hospital.

have only worked with a handful of chefs, but they all tasted everything. don't know how a chef on many years would make it with a food allergy.

also fuck anyone that orders their food then when it arrives tells the wait staff, oh i am allergic to _______.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think people should stop babying their kids about that peanut allergy shit. when i was a kid, i had a peanut allergy. if i ate PB&J sammiches, i would break out in hives on my arms. i loved me some PB&J sammiches, so i just did what other kids did, ignore it unless i'm dying. still love me some PB&J sammys today. no hives.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think people should stop babying their kids about that peanut allergy shit. when i was a kid, i had a peanut allergy. if i ate PB&J sammiches, i would break out in hives on my arms. i loved me some PB&J sammiches, so i just did what other kids did, ignore it unless i'm dying. still love me some PB&J sammys today. no hives.
Isn't one of the biggest culprits because they told women not to eat peanuts when Prego?

• 3Like

Juvarisx

Florida
It happens more often than you think. There’s always shit you haven’t been exposed to. Like take honey - you might be fine with honey until you get some made from a plant you happen to be allergic to. People can also develop allergies later in life, it isn’t always some “from birth thing”.

Correct, my sister developed a shellfish allergy at 30, was just having shrimp like any other day and ended up in the ER.

Isn't one of the biggest culprits because they told women not to eat peanuts when Prego?

Bingo, eating peanuts during pregnancy is the best way to prevent peanut allergies, mixed nuts can also help with treenut ones.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Are gluten allergies really a thing? I mean, I know some people probably have them but it seems like there are far too many people, of a usual demographic, that have them.

I feel the same way about Fibromyalgia.

Confused Tell Me GIF by Graduation

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

guy i knew took over protective parenting to the next level. was at his house on the porch eating a p&j, his kid was tiny and at that age where they would just walk up and just want a bite of everyone's food. he grabbed the kid and pulled her back.
"she can't have peanut butter."
i am thinking oh shit, what have i touched and all that, then ask how bad is her allergy?
come to find out, never had a reaction, nor any tests, they just worried she might be and never let her have anything with nuts.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol, as long as you are careful its an easy one, its the peanut allergies I feel badly for people who have that. Most people have a mild food allergy that presents itself as not so serious, its usually insta run to the bathroom. My wife's friend actually had the gluten allergy for real and it was causing neurological issues till she went gluten free, it was fucking weird.
I have a friend who had seizures her whole life until they discovered she had a severe dairy allergy, now the seizures are mostly gone

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Are gluten allergies really a thing? I mean, I know some people probably have them but it seems like there are far too many people, of a usual demographic, that have them.

I feel the same way about Fibromyalgia.

Confused Tell Me GIF by Graduation

It's real but its probably 5% of the people who fake it / convince themselves they have it. The actual condition is celiac disease, and it can be no joke. While the undiagnosed rate is thought to be 80%+ for those people its gastro issues etc that can be passed off as IBS etc. The more extreme effects are neurological including actual brain damage, anemia or osteoporosis

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Correct, my sister developed a shellfish allergy at 30, was just having shrimp like any other day and ended up in the ER.

Bingo, eating peanuts during pregnancy is the best way to prevent peanut allergies, mixed nuts can also help with treenut ones.
This happened to my fiance as well around 30. Shellfish and treenut allergy out of no where. Peanuts are fine though. Scary thing for her was she was on an airplane eating almonds and went into anaphylactic. Luckily another passenger had an epipen. Her shellfish allergy is much worse. If there isnt great ventilation in certain restaurants and they are steaming clams or something, it can trigger it.
Most people who say they have it are dumb fucks who just think gluten is unhealthy. A couple people I know swear they have it and that it gives them diarrhea. The media definitely hypes this up as something that will kill. Not that the fact is youre crushing down beer and pizza which gives anyone diarrhea.

• 3Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is interesting to me that about 30 seems to be the time when people suddenly develop new allergies, or lose old ones. I know a few other people that it happened to, but I have my own as well. I had been given penicillin all through my life for multiple cases of strep throat and other shit (I distinctly remember getting shots in my thigh as a kid when I had strep), but when I got it around 30 they just gave me the pills and the standard directions to finish off the bottle. Well, the minute the infection was out of my body and I kept taking the pills, within a couple of hours my entire body was covered in a rash that didn't go away, even with steroids, for the better part of a week. Worst discomfort I can remember ever having.

Conversely, I have never had strep throat since then either.

• 1Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
It's real but its probably 5% of the people who fake it / convince themselves they have it. The actual condition is celiac disease, and it can be no joke. While the undiagnosed rate is thought to be 80%+ for those people its gastro issues etc that can be passed off as IBS etc. The more extreme effects are neurological including actual brain damage, anemia or osteoporosis
This was my ex - she convinced herself that she had an allergy to gluten, and tried all those fad diets that were all the rage a few years back. When none of them actually worked, I managed to get her to see a gastroenterologist who confirmed that she did not have celiac disease. She just had a case of lactose intolerance.

Unfortunately, she loved the idea of herself as a sophisticated woman of the world, the kind that nibbles on a tray of fancy cheeses with a glass of red wine after work. The gluten-free trend fed right into that self-image. Suddenly, both those were taken away and she was just a normal middle-aged lady who had to watch her dairy intake lest she fart up a storm.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
This was my ex - she convinced herself that she had an allergy to gluten, and tried all those fad diets that were all the rage a few years back. When none of them actually worked, I managed to get her to see a gastroenterologist who confirmed that she did not have celiac disease. She just had a case of lactose intolerance.

Unfortunately, she loved the idea of herself as a sophisticated woman of the world, the kind that nibbles on a tray of fancy cheeses with a glass of red wine after work. The gluten-free trend fed right into that self-image. Suddenly, both those were taken away and she was just a normal middle-aged lady who had to watch her dairy intake lest she fart up a storm.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF