Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My grandfather was in WW2 also, as an infantryman in the Army. I personally only ever heard him reference it in the most simple ways. I.E. maybe something like “I was in that city in Belgium,” or what have you.

As an adult, were he still alive, I would point blank ask him more questions. He died when I was around 23 years old, and I wasn’t super close to him, despite seeing him regularly. I’ve always thought it would be interesting to talk to him more as a grown up.

So, when he died, my dad and his brother - both of them being super close to my grandfather and doing things with him all the time, my dad told his older brother that “dad never told me that much about WW2.”

My uncle told me and my dad that my grandfather had went into some detail with him about WW2 on a handful of occasions. In short, he said it was really awful, he killed people, and he alluded to the fact he shot children, almost assuredly of course Hitler Youth, who were being put on the front lines near the end of the war.

My grandfather entered the war early, which I think they all went to Scotland first, he broke his back, came back for a couple of years to heal, got better, and went BACK for the last year of the war. He ended up in the Battle of the Bulge which from my limited knowledge of WW2 was one of the nastier battles and I believe where my uncle said he saw some of the worst things of the war.

Watch band of brothers if you want to see what it (battle of the bulge) was like. The 6th or 7th focuses on it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

PkA96O.gif

My favorite part of that gif is whoever made it and left their mouse cursor in it.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

PkA96O.gif

My favorite part of that gif is whoever made it and left their mouse cursor in it.
that sucks. i posted that earlier because only one source confirmed it and google and wiki said he died. then google and wiki removed the death date. i guess he really did die. he was a great character actor.
iu

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
that sucks. i posted that earlier because only one source confirmed it and google and wiki said he died. then google and wiki removed the death date. i guess he really did die. he was a great character actor.
iu
I actually watched his movie, Short Time, a little over a month ago. It was enjoyable. The story of a retiring police officer that has a life insurance policy set up for his wife, but learns that the police life insurance only takes effect if you die on duty. So this super careful take no chances type of officer suddenly becomes WAY more reckless and wins a few awards as a result. I dug it.

I was gonna post a trailer for it, but looks like you can watch the entire thing for free on Youtube.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Have read a lot about him over years. He was sitll making appearenes and air shows until recently.

With his Mustang “Old Crow”, Anderson served in 2 major combat tours. He flew 116 combat missions in Europe, shooting down 16 adversaries. Chuck Yeager even flew with Anderson.

Col Anderson earned numerous decorations in his 30-year career. They include 2 Legion of Merits, 5 Distinguished Flying Crosses, the Bronze Star, 16 Air Medals, the French Legion of Honor & the French Croix de Guerre. In 2015, he was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal, with all the American Fighter Aces.

IMG_0019.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Have read a lot about him over years. He was sitll making appearenes and air shows until recently.

With his Mustang “Old Crow”, Anderson served in 2 major combat tours. He flew 116 combat missions in Europe, shooting down 16 adversaries. Chuck Yeager even flew with Anderson.

Col Anderson earned numerous decorations in his 30-year career. They include 2 Legion of Merits, 5 Distinguished Flying Crosses, the Bronze Star, 16 Air Medals, the French Legion of Honor & the French Croix de Guerre. In 2015, he was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal, with all the American Fighter Aces.

IMG_0019.jpeg
I met him about 5 years ago, really loved talking to people and sharing stories.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
shit, these Gen-xer musicians arent doing very good.
screenshot_2024-05-23_163219.png

Their debut album was so much more bluesy rock

but then Drops of Jupiter off their second album was a mega hit and everything after was an increasingly lame attempt to copy that success. Hey Soul Sister and Get To Me saw way too much radio play.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No one is sad to see that alcoholic con artist die.
he made a lot of other people famous for their videos debunking his bullshit. not one of his claims were proven true other than the general, fast food has a lot of salt and is unhealthy if you eat too much. well no fucking shit, Sherlock err Spurlock. did you need a 90 minute doc for all that? he was just another authoritarian trying to push an agenda. that healthy living didnt seem to work out so well for him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
To give the dude some miniscule amount of credit Supersize Me is at least part of the reason why I have fast food at most a couple times a year but I really wonder how much permanent damage he did to his body with that fucking retarded ass stunt.

• 3Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
To give the dude some miniscule amount of credit Supersize Me is at least part of the reason why I have fast food at most a couple times a year but I really wonder how much permanent damage he did to his body with that fucking retarded ass stunt.

I'll give him some more credit. Supersize Me directly led to the counter-documentary Fat Head which changed the way I thought about saturated fats, cholesterol and fatty foods. That, in turn, led me to eating a ton more meat and eggs and a ton more fast food and the recognition that enjoying those foods doesn't mean I'm going to die early because they are so unhealthy.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Convincing people that animal products are bad and to instead eat ninety servings of bread and margarine goes way back. Low fat! Incredible amounts of sugar but low how low that fat number is!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users