Who will be the next owners of EQ?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I saw truly hardcore dire EQ fanbois quit after that piece of shit expansion, The Broken Mirror, came out. I mean I'm talking about people that I never expected to EVER quit EQ. I think DBG truly shot themselves in the foot with that one.

This coming expansion has got to be something truly special, or honestly TLP is all they will have left keeping them afloat. And, we all know how long TLP servers last.
The broken mirror wasn't that bad content-wise. It was a shit ton better than the previous expansion, the darkened sea; the content was far more ejoyable and the expansion had more than double the amount of raids. My guild lost a lot of members due to TBS and very few to TBM (top 5 guild). The real issue with TBM was the fact they were spread too thin trying to finish an expansion (Elidroth left mid cycle and Dzarn took over AAs, etc.) while working on TLPs and went ahead and launched the expansion bugs and all after Holly had said they wouldn't release until it was ready. Most of the bugs that were reported in beta took 4-5 months to fix post-launch. Of course they also went from fixing bugs to creating a wide swath of destruction with all the changes that came after launch in the name of class balancing, AA consolidation, etc., it was too much too soon with no explanation or forewarning to the players. Of course one of the best changes came out of that time too, crit damage modifiers finally stack.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Blizzard should buy it so we can raid old school EQ with our WoW characters.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Craig McGregor will swoop in and buy it so he can put ads in the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
gg actually an eccentric millionaire with odd obsession for pixilated food items.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Elidroth make enough money smuggling contraband in his plane to buy EQ?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's legit. I was approached about 6 months ago asking if I was interested in buying DBG as it was not performing well and was deteriorating fast. I would imagine that it's going to be picked up by a Chinese company (not Perfect World, someone based on mainland China), gutted from the inside and milked for profits. SOE as we know it died when EQ2 launched and failed. Sony kept it afloat because it was Sony and they were no strangers to having units bleeding cash for several years.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Good. Really. The game is less than a shadow of what it was. We need a western PvE MMO to disrupt the decaying behemoths that occupy the market.

kudos

<Banned>
If Elder Scrolls couldn't even be made into a good MMO then I have to question if it's even possible these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Ofc it was going to be a shit MMO, it's not about collecting 10,000 bear asses and forced grouping to slay the same transcendant mechanical scarecrow 400 times. Bioware and Zenimax both approached the concept of translating a single player IP to an MMO from the wrong place right off the bat. It never had a chance.

I don't even comprehend how these guys begin working on an MMO from such a terrible place. Lore is just flavor to an MMO. MMOs are all mechanics and gameplay balance, and they massively underdeliver on those elements in favor of a cliche story that doesn't stand up to being repeated 20 billion times in 2 years.

Pokemon the MMO would be the biggest thing ever made if they made it a real world to inhabit with gameplay akin to the gameboy games. It is the best foundation for enjoyable grind and pve/pvp mechanics wise. It's almost a persistent MOBA. If Riot ever decides to take LoL to that next level Blizzard will become a footnote.

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
Diablo is easily the best thing that could happen to the MMO world. Blizzard is fucking stupid for continuing to push these other bullshit games instead of going 110% into a Diablo MMO.