Why do men keep putting me in the Girlfriend-zone?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I wonder what dimension this dude lives in, it sure ass hell ain't reality
How do you figure? Either you're accusing me of lying or you're telling me that what happens in my life somehow doesn't count as "reality".

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How do you figure? Either you're accusing me of lying or you're telling me that what happens in my life somehow doesn't count as "reality".
Pretty sure he is calling you retarded, I believe the vast majority of the people in this thread share that same opinion.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I found a picture of Tanoomba on his Facebook.

Hg7s9WZ.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, emilia clarke has a wonderful body, but bless her heart she makes the stupidest facial expressions on the show. even dumber than the chick playing margery tyrell

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This depth you look for is in your head. It's as simple as this, I don't want to fuck my female friend. When I met her, I also met her then BF and befriended him, and became bros. Insta-kill on that, even though they've since broken up. It just got hard wired. If you look hard enough for a "well that's different" explanation you'll find it. You mention it's not a political thing, but fuck you're trying to crusade it.
Um, I'm on your side

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's a story:
When I moved to Halifax, I went to an art school with the plan to get a graphic design degree. Early on in my program, I met this girl who was very open and friendly and, for whatever reason, considered me an interesting enough person to intentionally spend time around me and talk to me. She wasn't what I would consider "hot" but she was cute and charming and bubbly and quirky and had many endearing qualities. We started out hanging out in generic situations (with groups of friends at parties, for example), but became close enough that we could easily spend time together on our own. We would drink, listen to music, watch movies, hang out at her place, go skinny dipping, whatever... She saw in me what I hadn't even seen in myself before then. She was like the polar opposite of me, personality-wise, in that she was extremely outgoing and I, by default, was more reserved. But because of the time I shared with her I grew as a person. She helped me come out of my shell and change the direction of my life from that point on. We actually, for shits and giggles, tried dating for a while, but while she was a pretty good kisser we both realized we weren't cut out to be in a romantic relationship together and were better off as friends. We played a significant role in each other's lives and connected on a level few friends will ever reach regardless of gender. She was a guest at my wedding and is currently pregnant with her second child. She lives in a different province and most of our contact is through Facebook now... oh wait she's not my friend then, she's an acquaintance.
So long story short, you were in love with this girl, but you were too much of a shy pussy to flip her switches and aside from some pity-based makeout session you got friendzoned. Fast forward to today and you are not only rationalizing your failure to seal the deal, but using it as evidence for platonic relationships, although it is actually evidence to the contrary. You're really winning at this shit man.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So long story short, you were in love with this girl, but you were too much of a shy pussy to flip her switches and aside from some pity-based makeout session you got friendzoned. Fast forward to today and you are not only rationalizing your failure to seal the deal, but using it as evidence for platonic relationships, although it is actually evidence to the contrary. You're really winning at this shit man.
Hey, you really got me pegged!

Oh, wait, no, you're way off again. Again.
But hey, you know the people in my life better than I do, right?
Again, you're talking out of your ass. Again.
Again, you're making assumptions and generalizations that are not only wrong in general, but especially wrong for the situation you're using them in. Again.
Again, you're replacing a thought-out argument with sarcastic hollow bullshit that just makes you feel smart. Again.
Keep going, guys. You're only kidding yourselves.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Hey, you really got me pegged!

Oh, wait, no, you're way off again. Again.
But hey, you know the people in my life better than I do, right?
Again, you're talking out of your ass. Again.
Again, you're making assumptions and generalizations that are not only wrong in general, but especially wrong for the situation you're using them in. Again.
Again, you're replacing a thought-out argument with sarcastic hollow bullshit that just makes you feel smart. Again.
Keep going, guys. You're only kidding yourselves.
Occam's Razor: The entire board is partaking in a running gag to fuck with you or you're wrong.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Occam's Razor: The entire board is partaking in a running gag to fuck with you or you're wrong.
You forgot option 3: The board (not the entire board, several people are on my side) is full of pompous asses who are too full of themselves to bother engaging in the critical thinking they pride themselves on.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It really is amazing how many people openly confess and are even proud of the fact they can barely contain their urge to mate women who don't want to have sex with them. I wonder if they just completely swear off talking to women at all once they get married or are in a committed relationship. Probably safer for them if they do.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
It really is amazing how many people openly confess and are even proud of the fact they can barely contain their urge to mate women who don't want to have sex with them. I wonder if they just completely swear off talking to women at all once they get married or are in a committed relationship. Probably safer for them if they do.
Calling out Tanoomba's forehead kissing, crying during a sunset, ultimate beta bullshit doesn't make you a pompous caveman, it makes you a normal man. I'm sure there are plenty of gay guys that would call Tanoomba a weeping fucking faggot. The dude is way over the top. You have to admit that.

I have a couple platonic female friends that i go to school with and I'm not obsessed with fucking them at all. If they were single, it would be a different story, but I am capable of turning off my dick radar when we hang out. I also have a young daughter who I want to grow up and have all the equal opportunities for success that's possible, so in that way I guess I'm a feminist. But I'm also a realist and acknowledge the differences in the sexes. If she came to me and told me she wanted to join the Army Infantry I would highly discourage that. Once she turns into a young woman and starts to have 'boy friends', whether or not they are dating, I will always assume that in the back of their minds, they want to get in her pants. That's just the way it is MOST of the time, with some rare exceptions. I don't know why that position is controversial at all.