Why do men keep putting me in the Girlfriend-zone?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dunno how you can say you have platonic female friends in one breath then say if they were single you would want to fuck them in another. Sounds like a long gamer to me

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Like that means anything these days
Well, these aren't your everyday vapid, dumb cunts either. They're outdoorsy, smart, science-y chicks that can hold their own. We also work in the same lab and it would be a serious faux pas for me to get a little too drunk and try to make out with one of them. I will admit that these are the first adult, platonic girlfriends I've had. When I was younger, any ancillary females that would hang out with me and my group of friends would always, always end up getting banged by somebody.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just because you can control yourself from dryhumping their legs doesnt mean you have platonic friendships going on. all men with normal sex drives keep a running score in their head. women you want to bang, women you need to bang, women you can casuallly say, "id hit that", women you would would bang in a pinch, women you would bang if shitfaced drunk and "holy shit, kill it with fire!" women.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even without fucking, the majority of women I would be nonsexual "friends" with I would still be very interested in seeing what they look like naked. Number of male friends I'm very interested in seeing naked: zero.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Calling out Tanoomba's forehead kissing, crying during a sunset, ultimate beta bullshit doesn't make you a pompous caveman, it makes you a normal man. I'm sure there are plenty of gay guys that would call Tanoomba a weeping fucking faggot. The dude is way over the top. You have to admit that.
Way over the top? C'mon, man, that hurts. Anyway, if life has taught me anything, it's that I'm not special. Anything I've done, any thought I've had, any experience I've been through has all been done countless times before by countless people. I might be in a minority of many categories, but I'm not special. If we were talking about other stuff, stuff that didn't challenge some people's masculinity, like the glory days of SNES gaming or the most disturbingly captivating Japanese movies, I'd have the grand majority of people on my side because we're all huge nerds and that's why we're here. But I decided I'd defend what I knew would be an unpopular stance and I'm taking the brunt of whatever you fuckers have to dish out because, hey, who gives a shit?

I have a couple platonic female friends that i go to school with and I'm not obsessed with fucking them at all. If they were single, it would be a different story, but I am capable of turning off my dick radar when we hang out. I also have a young daughter who I want to grow up and have all the equal opportunities for success that's possible, so in that way I guess I'm a feminist. But I'm also a realist and acknowledge the differences in the sexes. If she came to me and told me she wanted to join the Army Infantry I would highly discourage that. Once she turns into a young woman and starts to have 'boy friends', whether or not they are dating, I will always assume that in the back of their minds, they want to get in her pants. That's just the way it is MOST of the time, with some rare exceptions. I don't know why that position is controversial at all.
I can agree with all that. I don't have a daughter, but if I did I would want to keep her as far away from all boys for as long as possible, simply because I actually assume most guys are not like me.

Dunno how you can say you have platonic female friends in one breath then say if they were single you would want to fuck them in another. Sounds like a long gamer to me
Honestly, this seems to be a fundamental difference between human beings. To me, there is no problem or contradiction with that statement. Assuming there will never be any fucking means, whatever my carnal desires, I can still enjoy the friendship for what it is (although it's very much worth pointing out that I am not attracted to ALL my female friends). If you don't get it, what can I tell you?

dudebro, you can't seriously expect his art degree to impress his woman friendz.
Haha I get it, art degree.
Laugh all you want, second-best years of my life.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
just because you can control yourself from dryhumping their legs doesnt mean you have platonic friendships going on. .
Perhaps you are confused as to the definition of platonic.

Platonic: of, relating to, or being a relationship marked by the absence of romance or sex

Just because I acknowledge in the back of my head that a married, female friend has a fantastic pair of tits doesn't mean we can't have a platonic relationship.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Perhaps you are confused as to the definition of platonic.

Platonic: of, relating to, or being a relationship marked by the absence of romance or sex

Just because I acknowledge in the back of my head that a married, female friend has a fantastic pair of tits doesn't mean we can't have a platonic relationship.
ro?mance (r-mns, rmns)
n.
a. A love affair.
b. Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; love:
c. A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something:
2. A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful
If you ever daydream about having sex with a women then this may apply.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think one of the issues here is that platonic and friendship mean different things for men and women. I would say for most men it is possible for them to have sexual relationship with some of their female friends and be perfectly fine with it never going beyond that point. I would even go so far as to say for some men the deepest level of friendship would come with the shared sexual relationship.

This line of thought requires that you subscribe to the idea of sexual friendships which are wholly different from actual in love relationships but if you can do so I think this would help women understand men better.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
We've been over this before, but it's becoming a long thread so I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

According todictionary.com:

platonic(3rd definition): ( usually lowercase ) purely spiritual; free from sensual desire, especially in a relationship between two persons of the opposite sex.
From which we should actually take 3 points:
1) That if you think a girl is hot, you, by dictionary standards, do not have a platonic relationship with her;
2) That whether or not your relationship with a female qualifies as a dictionary-accurate version of "platonic" is irrelevant if you consider her a friend and she considers you a friend.
3) That the definition actuallyemphasizesplatonic as being applicable to a relationship between men and women, which kind of goes against several people's point that "men and women can't have a platonic relationship".

In before Tanoomba explains how fantasizing about female friends is a form of rape.
Is this a jab at the fact that I mentioned "rape culture" several posts back? I'm not sure, because I never actually started labeling things as "rape", but if this is the case then I guess you're also telling me that "rape culture" either isn't a thing or is something worth making fun of. Either is pretty creepy by my standards, but whatever floats your boat, man.

Even without fucking, the majority of women I would be nonsexual "friends" with I would still be very interested in seeing what they look like naked. Number of male friends I'm very interested in seeing naked: zero.
OK.

No, seriously, OK... so?
So I have friends I'd like to see naked. I also have friends I have no interest in seeing naked. I have friends I have seen naked and friends I have never or will never see naked. I have people that aren't friends who I have seen naked. To me this is an arbitrary point. Whether or not someone is my friend has no connection to whether or not I want to or have ever or will ever see them naked. These are two separate categories that are not mutually exclusive. Again, this is hard for some people to grasp. Some will point out the above definition and say "Look! She's not your platonic friend if the idea of her naked is something that sparks curiosity in you!" I say "So what?" Call her whatever you want. I call her my friend, she calls me her friend, we're both totally cool with that. If it makes you comfortable to say we're kidding each other or we're pathetic or we don't know what we're talking about, then fine. Believe what you want. I personally think the pleasure I derive from life is increased because I accept attractive females into my circle of friends. You can't argue with what I see as making my life better, you just can't.

I dunno, it's been suggested by a good buddy (male) that maybe I just see too much good in everything. Maybe it's some kind of bizarre character flaw that I actually enjoy being friends with an awesome person who I also happen to be attracted to. Maybe I am in the freakish minority, although I find this hard to believe since, as I said, I'm not special. But if my flaw is that I'm able to enjoy and derive value from aspects of life that the rest of you are outright cutting out or dismissing altogether, then I'm suffering from one of the best flaws anyone could ever have.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not special
This is the root of your gender relational problems right here. But its beyond the scope of this thread and this board to address, and I'm not the poster to do it. Good luck with your gender equalism nonsense though.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
This is the root of your gender relational problems right here. But its beyond the scope of this thread and this board to address, and I'm not the poster to do it. Good luck with your gender equalism nonsense though.
Naw, man, you've sparked my curiosity, really. What are you trying to say?
I'm especially intrigued as to the fact that what you call my "problems" I consider to be "benefits" in every sense of the word. Can you imagine a better place than this thread to make this point, whatever it is? I'd love to hear it.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
there is so much anecdotal discussion.
Yeah, man, this isn't a scientific study. Everything all of us is saying is based on our life experiences. In a way, it makes it more "pure" than a debate about Ron Paul or feminism or whatever. But on the other hand, it means each of us is that much less likely to hear anything anybody else has to say about the subject. Are we all just wasting our time? I guess it's possible.

I'm having fun, though. Aren't you?