Wii U No More

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think mostly expected. That is still a pretty big window since the year is still young. WiiU still has better games than xbone and PS4.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does that mean I can buy the system and the games on the cheap? Anything "can't miss"?

Really enjoyed Galaxy 1 & 2, and Wii Mario Kart was pretty good. How are the WiiU iterations?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I think mostly expected. That is still a pretty big window since the year is still young. WiiU still has better games than xbone and PS4.
Didn't the ps2 stay in production for like 12 years?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nintendo: "Hey guys everyone wants this giant fucking controller and old-ass cpu and graphics"

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Closest analogous console would be how quickly MS moved on from the first Xbox probably?

Wii fell off a cliff, Wii U never climbed up it. Now to see what they're going to do mid-gen and if it'll have legs to last into the next one or we do this again in 3 years.

Column_sl

shitlord
IMO Nintendo just builds consoles to support their own IPS now.

Everything after the N64 was just having a platform to sell Mario bros/Kart/Party, Zelda, and Smash.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
whats really crazy is how good the Wii U emulator CEMU has gotten - running Super Mario 3D World at 60 fps
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/853r.mp4?_=1

It also currently runs MK8 I think and since the good library of Wii U games is like a dozen tops, it shouldn't be long till all of them are playable on PC.
The best one is still Mario Maker, though. Not sure we'll ever be able to properly emulate that.

Nocello

Golden Squire
Closest analogous console would be how quickly MS moved on from the first Xbox probably?

Wii fell off a cliff, Wii U never climbed up it. Now to see what they're going to do mid-gen and if it'll have legs to last into the next one or we do this again in 3 years.
Saturn to Dreamcast will never be beat.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
New Nintendo console is supposedly coming out in November. Doesn't surprise me that they're dropping the Wii U, it was a bad console that was outdated before it was even released. Nintendo better do a lot better with their next system.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I pretty much only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and have never really expected more from it. For that reason the WiiU has been fine for me. They took a huge gamble on the controller, and I think the idea was right, but they should have just progressed the functionality of the original Wiimote; it was such an innovative thing and they basically just scrapped it for no reason. Still, Nintendo still has my heart for console of choice. And Bayonetta 2 is probably one of my favorite games of all time.

spronk

FPS noob
if the rumors are true the NX is... bad
Are these leaked images of the Nintendo NX controller?

e3Hnygp.png

thats the unreal engine 4 demo running on it and matches the patent for a new controller scheme nintendo filed last year

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Consoles/Controllers where your hands are going to obscure part of the screen simply by playing it are really, really stupid ideas. Like, among the worst ever.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sounds like Nintendo right now.

I used to love Nintendo, they were honestly the best content producers for so long and then... this.