Wii U

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Do you still get coins on the main account if you register codes on the child account? I just got an extra code from a physical copy, where the original code counted as a digital copy from the wii u bundle.

It is. I ordered a refurb Wii U and went and bought MK8. Just sign up for a Nintendo account and register it. I've got my code waiting for when the Wii U gets here.

Siliconemelons

Yeah it just is a pain to link all the accounts together, the club account is not the same as the nintendo network account... you have to link them etc.

Buying any extra MK8 codes, wife wants party and Mario lol.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
It definitely has a problem with walls. I can get the 30 foot range if there is no wall blocking it, but I can be 15 feet from it and duck behind a wall, and it loses connection.

It would be great if it just worked off your router versus it coming off the Wii itself.
That would double latency and would result in twice the amount of traffic in the air (wii -> router -> tablet).

Siliconemelons

Re: Coins and refurb registration

My WiiU showed up on my club Nintendo + 160 coins, my windwaker download did also for +60, and MK8 for +70 - and I have bravedefault and 3DS Yoshi for +40 each- I will register Nintendo Land after July 1 just to be sure- that should be at least 40ish... so that is 370 + whatever Nintendo land gives- and I am going to ebay another MK8 code or two for New Mario U and Wii Party- that should get me up to at least gold status and let me buy some reward game downloads- I don't really want Kirby that is currently offered.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It is. I ordered a refurb Wii U and went and bought MK8. Just sign up for a Nintendo account and register it. I've got my code waiting for when the Wii U gets here.
I didn't know you were looking for one, i was looking to get rid of mine but ended up finding somebody yesterday
frown.png

Yeah it just is a pain to link all the accounts together, the club account is not the same as the nintendo network account... you have to link them etc.

Buying any extra MK8 codes, wife wants party and Mario lol.
GF might have one since she already has all the free games, i'll check later on when shes awake lol

spronk

FPS noob
If you want extra MK8 codes you can still do the Target to Best Buy cycle this week, buy 3 copies of MK8 at Target (PM to walmart or amazon for $48), 1 is free so you pay $98+tax. Rip out all 3 CN codes, take it to Best Buy and trade for $39 each (+10% if GCU member). You'll have ~$120 in Best Buy credit for spending $100 at Target and also 3 MK8 codes. You are only allowed however to trade in 3 copies of a game per year per drivers license. Not as good as last week where you paid $35 per copy of MK8 and got $44 for it but still decent.

Lego games are also a good pick this week if you have kids, use cartwheel (android/ios phone coupon app for target) to load 20% off lego games, and then buy Lego City Undercover (Wii U exclusive), Lego Hobbit, and another lego game or Rayman for ~$65 out the door, or $22 per game. They are cheaper on Steam ($5 each) and most are pretty meh for adults, but kids love em. Price match Lego City Undercover at target store to target.com, its $10 cheaper online.

Its better to pick your free MK8 code game after you register your Wii U though, for every game you get for free off Nintendo eShop you get $5 in eShop credit using DDP -Deluxe Digital Promotion

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So in MK8 whats the deal with that seemingly random speed boost. On the wii I would get it from popping wheelies but in MK8 it seems random. Nothing like having a perfect race only to have the cpu zip by you at the last minute.

Also, has anyone here even 3 starred all of 150cc yet? Me and my buds are even working together and still struggling. 150cc is no joke.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So in MK8 whats the deal with that seemingly random speed boost. On the wii I would get it from popping wheelies but in MK8 it seems random. Nothing like having a perfect race only to have the cpu zip by you at the last minute.

Also, has anyone here even 3 starred all of 150cc yet? Me and my buds are even working together and still struggling. 150cc is no joke.
There is the slipstream bonus where it you are drafting behind someone you'll get a boost to overtake them

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i get fucked in the pve all the time, 50cc was a breeze but something always fucks me up in higher brackets. i've heard the less items you use the less likely the CPU will fuck with you but dunno if its true. I've gotten by without really being good at drifting too, probably have to figure that one out

dumb question but at the end of a race you can hit + to make the 0/6 number at the top left become gold and 1/6, wtf does that mean. also is there any way to restart a sub race, or if you fuck up on the 4th race in a cup do you have to restart the whole thing (if you are trying to 3* it all)

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I believe the plus button sets it as a favorite replay. And yes you definitely have to restart the whole cup if you screw up the fourth race. Luckily to 3 star you only actually need to get first twice and second twice, or first three times and third once. I finally finished 150cc stars but mirror is making my head explode. Not sure the gold kart is worth it!

Tenks

I have gold in all the 150cc except the final non-remake cup. I absolutely blow at that version of Rainbow Road.

beercan_sl

shitlord
I have kind of a dumb question, but what the heck. I have an original Wii, which was kinda fun. But I got so, so tired of the motion controls. Do all the new games control via motion, or have they gone back to using the controllers? I'm tempted to check this out, but waving my arms around is no bueno.

Tenks

The WiiU gamepad, which is generally 1p, basically forces the games to have suitable non-motion controls. I've only played four games now and none force motion on the player.

Needless

Toe Sucker
A lot of games can be played by the pro controller if you don't like the cutting board or waggle stick controllers.
Every game will show what controller works with it on the back of it anyway though

Siliconemelons

They are thankfully, moving to the motion controls being mostly for party games, as they should be... that's one reason why I hated the Wii Metroid Prime Trillogy- the lock targeting was better and you could play for a long time and NOT have your arm hurt lol... but I bet that game + VR would be insanely awesome

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Luckily to 3 star you only actually need to get first twice and second twice, or first three times and third once.
You gotta be shitting me! I cant tell you how many times I restarted because I didnt get first the second or third race! I totally assumed it had to be first place across the board because I can confirm 3 first places and a fifth in the final race nets you 1 fucking star!

Edit: looked it up and pretty much everyone is saying 60pts for 3 stars so idk man.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've done first place in 4 races, then landed 2nd on the 5th race only to get 2 stars total. It doesn't make sense.