Wii U

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Hi I'm mario kart online and here's how your matches will go:

Either A: you will get buttfucked immediately and never recover.
Or B: you will do awesome until the final lap and then take a shitload of random bullshit and finish near last.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Hi I'm mario kart online and here's how your matches will go:

Either A: you will get buttfucked immediately and never recover.
Or B: you will do awesome until the final lap and then take a shitload of random bullshit and finish near last.
Well, when you have 4-5 people not far behind you and they hit a box, one of them 4-5 people is going to get something really nice to fuck the player in the front.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you manage to race perfectly, it is possible to run away with it. Of the ??? races I've done, that's only happened twice. What really sucks is when you're in 2nd or 3rd and you get hit and then the hits are chained as 6th catches up, then 10th, and then you find yourself in last place. It's really hard to recover from those shitty situations. But that's the Mario Kart way. Always has been.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
what you need to do is if you get any kind of shell hold it behind your kart. So when something comes up it cancels it out. This will work as long as the guy doesnt have 3 red shells behind you. If that happens, nothing can save you! lol

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just hold L. You can then control the direction you release it by using forward or back on the stick.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Once you get a banana or green immediately hold it behind you. Getting a coin in first place makes me feel so vulnerable.

spronk

FPS noob
target has their b2g1 free wii u game promo going on today till next saturday. not a whole lot of super slick deals as the trade in value of MK8 has dropped again at best buy/GS ($28-39 now).

one decent deal is pre-ordering 3 copies of super smash bros U online at target.com, it will drop to $120+tax for 3 copies. pay with credit card, not paypal. after order has gone through, go back into order status and cancel 1 or 2 and the price per copy will be $40. Not too bad, assuming target doesn't cancel the pre-orders. of course you can keep all 3 too if you have 2 other friends who want it.

you can also mix it up and do 2 SSBU and 1 $60 game like Super Mario 3D world and pick up the latter today in stores, it'll drop the price of any $60 game to $40.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
target has their b2g1 free wii u game promo going on today till next saturday. not a whole lot of super slick deals as the trade in value of MK8 has dropped again at best buy/GS ($28-39 now).

one decent deal is pre-ordering 3 copies of super smash bros U online at target.com, it will drop to $120+tax for 3 copies. pay with credit card, not paypal. after order has gone through, go back into order status and cancel 1 or 2 and the price per copy will be $40. Not too bad, assuming target doesn't cancel the pre-orders. of course you can keep all 3 too if you have 2 other friends who want it.

you can also mix it up and do 2 SSBU and 1 $60 game like Super Mario 3D world and pick up the latter today in stores, it'll drop the price of any $60 game to $40.
Damn dude. Can we vote you Rerolled Slickdeals liason? Bad ass!

Siliconemelons

So- for registering my refurb and games- I should wait for July 1? and to get the extra point for the deluxe I have to buy something via my deluxe console then sign up on that site? Nintendo is so fragmented with its crap online- and registering Mk8 will automagically give me an option to choose my free download...sometime?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Picked up Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D Land and Pikman 3 this weekend. My wife is fuck-all terrible at Mario Bros U. Then I accidentally kicked her baby Yoshi off the side and she got super pissed and threw the controller and stormed off.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Picked up Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D Land and Pikman 3 this weekend. My wife is fuck-all terrible at Mario Bros U. Then I accidentally kicked her baby Yoshi off the side and she got super pissed and threw the controller and stormed off.
Haha I know exactly what you mean. Just wait till 3d world. Must of thrown my gf off of various platforms a hundred times. The fact that the sprint button and the grab button are the same caused sooo much mutual rage.

spronk

FPS noob
So- for registering my refurb and games- I should wait for July 1? and to get the extra point for the deluxe I have to buy something via my deluxe console then sign up on that site? Nintendo is so fragmented with its crap online- and registering Mk8 will automagically give me an option to choose my free download...sometime?
can register now, you only get points on club nintendo for finishing surveys so don't do those until july 1. each club nintendo registration triggers a survey which expire in 30 days, and the Mario Kart 8 registration triggers a free game. yes, you need to buy something on the eshop to trigger digital deluxe, it can be $0 though (like the free MK8 games) or one of the free games or maybe even a demo.

Siliconemelons

can register now, you only get points on club nintendo for finishing surveys so don't do those until july 1. each club nintendo registration triggers a survey which expire in 30 days, and the Mario Kart 8 registration triggers a free game. yes, you need to buy something on the eshop to trigger digital deluxe, it can be $0 though (like the free MK8 games) or one of the free games or maybe even a demo.
Registered MarioKart and a buncha DS games we had not done yet- I didn't do the surveys so I could do them after July 1- however some of them popped in with expiration dates of June 30th *rabble rabble* so I did them, I think I have Yoshi and BravelyDefault survey avail till Jul 26th so I will do those after July 1- but my wiiu comes in today- so I will need to set that sucker up... Wife loves Mario so I was thinking of buying a MK8 Key off ebay for 15-20$ way cheaper than the 40-50$ game even used-- our first Mk8 key is going to be windwaker-- I would just register the additional key under a child account?

Siliconemelons

Got the box in, the refurb box has a red stripe at the top that says "Refurbished equipment" that is printed on the box- yet the "includes Nintendo land!" is a sticker put on it lol- Nintendo land game box was not plastic sealed but had a Nintendo club code on it- I wont register it till after july 1...I forgot why? the coin/point gold level? is that getting reset? just incase it does what my older 3ds games did and put the expiration date of the survey for june 30

spronk

FPS noob
the club nintendo shit isn't that important anyways, if you reach platinum status you get a free gift for that year, like a $5 game download or a calendar or poster. for a kid its pretty cool

and yeah register any extra MK8 club nintendo codes against child accounts, one per for a free game code. set the age of the child accounts to at least 13 (born 2000 or earlier) so it automatically happens.

probably known by a lot of you but an little video showing 30 (not all) of the shortcuts in MK8. many require boosts to make it really work tho
Mario Kart 8 - 30 Best Shortcuts - IGN Video