Wii U

Szlia

As far as I am concerned, the latest great game developed by Nintendo is Rhythm Heaven in 2008 or possibly it's Wii sequel Rhythm Heaven: Fever.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm gonna say Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2010, both it and Galaxy are 2 of the top 5 highest rated games on several sites.

I enjoyed Skyward Sword, too.

Sean_sl

shitlord
100% serious. And I do not play shitty Asian grindfest games. Monster Hunter is Korean-style mmo grindfest garbage, nothing like other Japanese games.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Skyward sword is good but its taught me that I hate motion controls and its probably the most tedious Zelda made.

It's also convinced me to wait and borrow a Wii U when the next Zelda comes as I did for skyward. My wii broke a couple years ago.

It's interesting that the Wii U wasn't even a blip on my 10 year old cousin's radar. He literally shrugged about getting one as a Christmas present and instead wanted a Skylanders and MS points.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
blatently stolen from neogaf:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509417

23:00 The presentation has begun. Iwata says that most NDs have been about the near-future. This time it'll be about future titles and services. So, how is Miiverse doing so far? Users are posting messages and experiencing the service. This presentation will convey the Miiverse experience to those who don't have the Wii U. Players can post messages asking for help, mark spoilers, and report violations. Players can talk about their experiences about specific games from start to finish. Players can attach screenshots to their posts. Some have drawn very detailed pictures.
23:06 Careful: the Miiverse can be a time-sink. Profiles with green checkmarks are official. Official users are authorized to post web links and videos, as is done with NSMBU.
23:09 Firmware updates in spring and summer. Speeding up launching software, menu return. Wii U Virtual Console with spring firmware update. NES and Super NES games. Save states, GamePad play, Miiverse integration. GBA coming. Upgrade from Wii VC versions: NES 100 yen ($1.00), SNES 150 yen ($1.50).
23:10 This year is the 30th anniversary of the Famicom. Wii U VC 30-day demos for 30 yen.
23:11 Demo titles: Balloon Fight, F.Emblem, Mother 2 (in Japan, Punch-Out!! ft. Mr. Dream elsewhere?), Kirby's Adventure, S. Metroid, Yoshi, DK.
23:13 Wii U VC demo titles to be made available following the presentation. Mother 2 Resurrection Festival celebrating 19th anniversary of Mother 2, VC title releasing in March (in Japan).
23:14 Enjoy Mother 2 through the Miiverse. Post Pikmin 3 screenshots on Miiverse.
23:15 Private user communities coming to Wii Fit U. Smartphone Miiverse browsing, app coming this spring.
23:18 Nintendo-developed titles coming up. Iwata apologizes for delays. Next titles needed more time. The Wonderful 101 trailer now.
23:20 Bayonetta 2 dev is progressing, more info later, but studio intro video now.
23:23 Iwata Asks starting with Platinum Games this year, about development history, philosophy. Smash Bros. new info? Sakurai will show screens at E3. Please wait!
23:24 Wii U 3D Mario under development by Galaxy team! Mario Kart Wii U! E3 playable demos!
23:25 Successor to Mario Party, Wii U Party intro video now.
23:26 Unannounced, but expected title: Yoshi game from Kirby team!
23:27 Atlus collaboration title trailer now. Shin Megami Tensei meets Fire Emblem.
23:28 Zelda Wii U news! Eiji Aonuma speaks. Development theme: rethinking Zelda standards.
23:31 Zelda Wii U screenshot: Windfall Island from Wind Waker remake in HD! Wind Waker HD remake and new Zelda title both under development. WW: graphic refresh, game tuning, off-screen play, Miiverse integration. Due by this fall.
23:33 Monolith Soft game trailer now. Monolith Soft game trailer ends with a big, red X. Online?!
going to try to find that monolith trailer on youtube, it has mechs in it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KHYtvOP8AMY

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Looks like Xenoblade 2, or Xenoblade Online/MMO, or something. Maybe not a direct sequel - looks sort of like a fusion between Xenoblade and Monster Hunter.

Also Windwaker HD remake!

Response:

810ded41c4c9e1d32258f6b0bb5c0ead.gif

Sean_sl

shitlord
Zero interest in Monolith making some Online nonsense that approximately 5 people in the world will bother to play. Only way I'd give that any sort of look is if there's a grand epic single player RPG in there as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's enough new information to make me a little excited about the Wii U. Not enough to bring me to purchase one though.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Again, E3 should be great. But there's a lot of doubt as to how many will make it out this year:

Zelda U: Still in theplanningstages. Clearly the team is finishing some new 3DS Zelda title before they even begin working fulltime on this. I'm not even sure we should expect this in 2015.
Smash Bros: Won't even be playable at E3; a 2013 launch is extremely doubtful.
Bayo 2: Almost certainly not 2013.
Super Mario "U"niverse (I'm guessing): Tokyo 2 finished up Galaxy 2 in May 10 and 3D Land in Nov 11. Getting Universe out in 2013 looks doubtful, though it shouldn't be too late into 2014.
Xenoblade 2: Monolith put out Xenoblade in June 10, though they also worked on Capcom X Namco X Sega to some amount. Probably makes it out in Japan in 2013; I wouldn't bet on the US this year.
Kart: Software 1 put out Kart 7 in Dec 11 (and was rumored to have outsourced large chunks to Retro). There's a good chance this shows up in 2013.
Yoshi's Epic Yarn (Yarnshi?): HAL put out Epic Yarn in Oct 10. This has a very good shot of making it out in 2013.
Wind Waker Remake: Though this smells like a 3DS game reassigned to WiiU, Tokyo 1 did put out the Ocarina remake way back in June 11. They certainly are aiming for this year.

The big question is still Retro. Is this Nintendo's (western market leaning) E3 surprise, or did Kart 7 really delay them that much?

But in any case, at this point, your Christmas 13 big titles look to be Wii U Party (meh), Kart 8 (meh), Yoshi Yarn (could be nice, but not a system seller), Wind Waker (played it almost a decade ago!), and one of Pikmin / 101 will probably be delayed that far. Price cut and Universe around April of 14 looks better than ever.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
wind waker is "fall" this year.
bayo2 is 2014
kart imo will be one of the big xmas for 2013

and i definately want to see what retro is on

and W101 just looks awesome.

oh next month rayman is coming out-definately getting that one

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
That Xenoblade 2 trailer looked pretty sweet. Still wishing for a Xenogears sequel, though! lol

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure Square-Enix still owns Xenogears, and the relationship between them and Monolith is pretty bad. That X looks way more Xenogears though.

That face at the end is obviously supposed to be Shulk though, otherwise why show it.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else have issues with the tablet controller? We've got a used and abused iPad (in laws gave it to the kids) that's survived for years, yet 1 week into our Wii-u usage and the tablet is dead. It's got a little scratch in the corner of the screen, just enough for it to think that spot is constantly pressed ;\

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting for a really good deal before I buy this. Under 300 for the deluxe edition is the price that comes to mind.