Wii U

spronk

FPS noob
its womans logic of "spend more to save more" but this week best buy is running a promo, save $20 on mario kart 8, splatoon, or super smash bros if you buy Mario Maker.

So for example if you had GCU you would spend $48 (Mario Maker) + $32 (Splatoon) to buy both games, which would make each game $40. Without GCU you'd be paying $60 + $40 or $50 each.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I was excited to get Mario Maker, but it's 60 dollars? That's insane, I was expecting a 20 - 30 dollar purchase. Seems like an exorbitant price for what amounts to a really, really old game with good replayability.
The price is also high for a game that requires work as part of gameplay.

There must be a big margin on this "game".

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It seems like a shallower and weaker LBP trying to cash in (yet again, this is Nintendo after all) on the Mario name

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Eh, the way I look at it is that it's basically unlimited Mario. I also believe that the 10 man challenge is nothing but Nintendo designed levels. So there's that. But yeah, $39 would have been the optimal price, but Nintendo knows they can get away with $59 simply because it's Mario.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
ID is 994D-0000-0019-7167 for the first one I made

Followed everyone who has posted a course. Will play through and star them

Denaut

Trump's Staff
After playing this for a few days I don't think its ever been more abundantly clear to me why we pay professionals to make Mario games. Based on what I've played so far I'd say ~1/50 levels is worth my time.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
After playing this for a few days I don't think its ever been more abundantly clear to me why we pay professionals to make Mario games. Based on what I've played so far I'd say ~1/50 levels is worth my time.
Check the leader boards or whatever they're called. Fun stuff on there.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Played a level my buddy made while at his house, along with another friend. It was a blast to try and get through it. Me and the other guy tried for probably 10 or 15 turns each, progressing little by little until we were running out of time to hang out. Anyway, the creator of the level took the control and beat it in one run. It was fun to play something a friend had created, and to watch him master his own level while us two peons tried and failed. I like the game and will buy it on payday, I think my kids will love it, too.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I can see this game being the catalyst for some future game devs in 10 or 20 years. It's really good, just wish there were ways to down vote levels too. There is some stupid bullshit in the 100 Mario challenge.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If all goes well, perhaps the internet will organize some of the most dedicated best map makers and create map packs/themes. The web can take over where Nintendo drops the ball on options of rating or browsing. A database of levels that is sortable by difficulty, length, pack, etc. It just needs time to the real great user content to float up - and it will definitely come. I could see this being touted as an amazing game - in a year or two when content and quality catch up.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that's kind of what I expect. One can hope that Nintendo can patch in some voting features, though. There will most likely be a Mario Maker 2, or some DLC or some shit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There better be some DLC or updates. Not being able to create worlds is a huge miss. Once that is in they need to add the ability to have hidden exits open secret paths

Siliconemelons

So....basically I am getting from most of this stuff is...

A: Its stupid hard and only the "perfect path" wins

or

B: Crap made by 2 year old

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
So....basically I am getting from most of this stuff is...

A: Its stupid hard and only the "perfect path" wins

or

B: Crap made by 2 year old
No. There's quite a bit of stupid BS, but once you find some good map makers and follow them you'll have plenty of quality shit to play.