Wii U

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of Monster Hunter 3, I was thinking about picking it up for the WiiU but I haven't played much of the series before (have one of the psp ones on my vita but never got far, sub one hour I think). How long does it take to get into the game?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of Monster Hunter 3, I was thinking about picking it up for the WiiU but I haven't played much of the series before (have one of the psp ones on my vita but never got far, sub one hour I think). How long does it take to get into the game?
Something like 3-5 hours unless you hop online asap, but if you haven't played much then I would do single player first.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Are you sure SMT Devil Survivor 2 is out on 3ds? I mean I know you can play the Ds version on the 3ds, but they remade Devil Survivor 1 for 3ds but I have yet to see Devil Survivor 2 on 3ds. Would love someone to point me to where I can buy it.
Ah, I guess it was just on the DS. But it didn't come out until 2012 in NA so I lumped it in with 3DS games since it can play DS games anyways.

There is a 3DS version coming of it: Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. But, that won't be out until late 2014 in Japan and NA date is unknown.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
I suppose this depends on what you mean by 'get into the game'. The first several quests are almost always a 'get used to the UI and controls" before they set you after a boss. But once that happens it's essentially nothing but bosses and killing them for their carves/items to make better armor/weapons. There's a major gathering component to the game too, getting the whetstones you need to keep your weapon sharp, cooking meat you find from low lvl monster kills to replenish stamina, finding herbs and mushrooms for potions, etc.

Definitely agreed with DeLLy though on online mode, best part of the game but if you are new to the franchise, get used to offline mode first. The game is not easy, but does get much 'easier' to manage as you get accustomed to fighting/dodging/blocking.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ah, I guess it was just on the DS. But it didn't come out until 2012 in NA so I lumped it in with 3DS games since it can play DS games anyways.

There is a 3DS version coming of it: Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. But, that won't be out until late 2014 in Japan and NA date is unknown.
Damn Atlus needs to speed that shit up big time.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Got a Wii U 2 weeks ago. The white one was 125$ after in store rebate and stuff. I had a 32 gig SD card in the house so I could upgrade it for cheap.

I'm playing Windwaker HD and I'm really enjoying this game. They made an amazing job at restoring that game.

IMO 125$ is pretty cheap even if I only play 4-5 games in the life spam of the console.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Got a Wii U 2 weeks ago. The white one was 125$ after in store rebate and stuff. I had a 32 gig SD card in the house so I could upgrade it for cheap.

I'm playing Windwaker HD and I'm really enjoying this game. They made an amazing job at restoring that game.

IMO 125$ is pretty cheap even if I only play 4-5 games in the life spam of the console.
There are also sales on the online store of old school games. I got Metroid and a few other games for 99 cents.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord

where are you finding these deals? I seem to suck at internets

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Really thinking about picking up the Mario+Luigi bundle and doing the b2g1 deal from Target for Wind Walker HD, Wonderful 101, and Rayman Legends.

Already cancelled the PS4, gonna wait till early next year on that.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The new Mario 3D is getting great reviews from every outlet, as is the new Zelda handheld title.

Looking like Nintendo may get us through this holiday season, with the terrible launch lineups from the 2 new consoles.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When is the Wii U going to be 100 bucks? New Mario looks pretty cool.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm a total fucking BAD (I guess, not sure what it means exactly). I haven't had a console since around 1992?

The wife boss said she'd like a 'Wii' because of the exercise crap games and whatnot, and I'd benefit as well, hint hint.

So, my question is: Is the Wii U the same in regards to movement games as Wii? Is the Kinect better? Am I lost and in the wrong thread? It looks like the games you've all posted are pretty fun, and I'd like to give the console another shot.

If I'm way off base in this thread and you don't want a derail, feel free to PM me any recommendations. Thanks!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
^^^ Is it fairly long?

I just bought a PS4. To think of it sitting around while I use my Wii U now is ironically hilarious
smile.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I'm a total fucking BAD (I guess, not sure what it means exactly). I haven't had a console since around 1992?

The wife boss said she'd like a 'Wii' because of the exercise crap games and whatnot, and I'd benefit as well, hint hint.

So, my question is: Is the Wii U the same in regards to movement games as Wii? Is the Kinect better? Am I lost and in the wrong thread? It looks like the games you've all posted are pretty fun, and I'd like to give the console another shot.

If I'm way off base in this thread and you don't want a derail, feel free to PM me any recommendations. Thanks!
well for fitness games, the new xbone is better due to the fitness channel.
with live gold you get access to the fitness channel then you have to buy subscriptions to the "games"
they have p90x, insanity, that new 25minute by the guy that did p90x etc.

the wiiu is good- again caveat- if you use it-

they just released a 30 day trial for wii fit U & they have the wiifitU meter(pedometer for the wiiu) for 20 bucks which unlocks the wiifit u game forever- you can nab a used balance board for ~20 bucks. there are several fitness games for the wiiu
which are good.

your shape fitness evolved is decent.

i've been using wiifit U with the pedometer attachement for 3 weeks, i can see definate changes in my abs(getting definition) and am losing weight slowly- i've lost 3lbs so far but i yoyo in weight but the "high" weights are dropping as well.

i have been using it 3-4 times a week for an hr...as well as wearing the pedometer all the time, it tracks steps altitude change, calories burned.

Wonderful 101 is an awesome game btw.

koljec_sl

shitlord
^^^ Is it fairly long?

I just bought a PS4. To think of it sitting around while I use my Wii U now is ironically hilarious
smile.png
I'm only through the second world, but it fits form of previous Mario games: 8 worlds, with like 7 levels or so. To up the difficulty, each level has hidden 3 green stars and a stamp. There's probably a tougher replay and/or access to special levels once the game is completed. You can play as toad, princess, mario, or luigi with up to 4 player multiplayer. There is some Mii functionality with ghosts and messages posted in-game.

The game is right up there with Super Mario 3 in terms of dazzle for its time. The Bowser fight at the end of World 1 is awesome. The first time you start getting cherry power-ups is awesome.

Wind Waker HD is just beautiful, even the kid with snot hanging out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm only through the second world, but it fits form of previous Mario games: 8 worlds, with like 7 levels or so. To up the difficulty, each level has hidden 3 green stars and a stamp. There's probably a tougher replay and/or access to special levels once the game is completed. You can play as toad, princess, mario, or luigi with up to 4 player multiplayer. There is some Mii functionality with ghosts and messages posted in-game.

The game is right up there with Super Mario 3 in terms of dazzle for its time. The Bowser fight at the end of World 1 is awesome. The first time you start getting cherry power-ups is awesome.

Wind Waker HD is just beautiful, even the kid with snot hanging out.
This. I get this ridiculous Mario 2 and 3 vibe from the new Mario. It just feels like those games in so many ways.