Wii U

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Figured I'd make this thread again. Still playing the hell out of mine and enjoying it. Looking forward to Lego GTA, any other games you guys that have it interested in?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll pick one up when some more of the big franchise name games come out. I won't miss a Zelda. Also looking forward to another Smash Bros.

ninjarr_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Nintendo is kinda retarded. They created a false sense of disinterest because they didn't launch any key games with the system. NSMBU does not count. Why? If a game's name is more than four words, it's clearly not original enough.

Will buy when there's a game I want to play badly. Do I want to play Nintendoland? Sure, looks fun. I wouldn't mind trying ZombieU, and I wouldn't mind fighting through NSMBU, but I don't want to play any of them that badly. The system will bounce back, but Nintendo is kinda retarded for starting off like this when it's SO easy not to.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
They created a false sense of disinterest because they didn't launch any key games with the system.
People are going to jump down your throat for this. But the situation is complicated.
For the mass market, your are preposterously, moronically wrong. NSMBWii was the third or fourth biggest overall seller for the Wii, and nearly 65% of the people that bought a Wii U the first week also bought a copy of NSMBU. NSMB, along with Kart, was one of the TWO franchises Nintendo could launch with to boost sales for the mass market. That is the very opposite of creating a false sense of disinterest.
For the hardcore market, you may be on to something. The hardcore audience is after core games - 80%! yes, eighty percent! - of the initial Wii purchasers bought a copy of Twilight Princess. If you want core gamers to fork over at least $300 on roughly 7 year old hardware, NSMBU was a mediocre choice (and why so much interest, if not sales, were generated for things like ZombiU).

Again, it's not the launch that's the issue. The real issue is how Nintendo will keep people's interest in 18 months or so when the WiiU starts to not be able to run decent downgrades of 720/PS4 games. (And again, the issue will probably not be the graphical fidelity, it will be memory (amount and bandwidth).)

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am really interested in getting one.
I wish there was a more of a variety of games.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So, picking this up on Friday. Wasn't going to get one for myself, but my wife suggested it for our four year old. What games other than the obivious Mario/Mario like games would be good for a four year old? Trying to get her started young
tongue.png

tongue.png

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So, picking this up on Friday. Wasn't going to get one for myself, but my wife suggested it for our four year old. What games other than the obivious Mario/Mario like games would be good for a four year old? Trying to get her started young
tongue.png
Honestly, there arent a lot of games out for her age range. That is a tad young to try and make them focus on a console game. Maybe a DS with some age appropriate games would be better until the wii u line up fills out?

tongue.png

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
tongue.png
My brother picked up Rabbids Land for his kids (5 and 8) and they love it

tongue.png

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Honestly, there arent a lot of games out for her age range. That is a tad young to try and make them focus on a console game. Maybe a DS with some age appropriate games would be better until the wii u line up fills out?
I figured there wouldn't be too many, but I know there are some for the Wii that she can play on it. Just didn't want to pick up a Wii : /

Teljair_sl

shitlord
From the limited time I've had to play with mine, it's been great. I really think an MMO for the Wii U could be awesome.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From the limited time I've had to play with mine, it's been great. I really think an MMO for the Wii U could be awesome.
Pokemon MMO please.

They need to convince Square to bring Dragon Quest X to the States.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Waiting for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Hoping for a bundle but that is probably one in a million that it would happen.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I figured there wouldn't be too many, but I know there are some for the Wii that she can play on it. Just didn't want to pick up a Wii : /
You can play the wii games on it too. So if its a choice between one or the other, buy the wii u. I am not sure on long term dev support, but you can always count on good first party games.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
playing the hell out of mine. ZombiU is great imo it gets the atmosphere right Nintendo land is fun, AC3 is decent-, COD:Blops2 i suck at but my son loves using the gamepad controller for it-he is grounded from electronics for a few more days but if you see a match with Dillybo- that is my son
smile.png

FYI in the US EU & australia, Demos are-finally avail in the E-Shop for:

Sonic Racing- 15 use demo - bit over a gig in size
Rayman Legends 30 use demo- around a half gig in size
and Fifa 13

as for Wii Compatibility- Most Wii games can be played on the Wiiu- on the main screen click the Wii icon/tile/channel/whatever you call it. the system REBOOTS into WiiMode, and becomes a Wii- you CANNOT use the gamepad in Wiimode. in wiimode...the wii homebrew channel works fine btw if you did the homebrew thing.

oh ya, to customize the layout of the tiles/icons/channels, its like the ipod/ipone/android setup, get the channels on the gamepad. select one, and continue to hold, all the tiles/icons/channels shake, then drag the one you selected to where you want it.

smile.png

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I got the deluxe last night with NSMBU.
Haven't really played it. Mostly setup and patccing the system.
Seems to have long loading times.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
I love my Wii U, I've done 100% in NSMBU so far and am currently playing through Darksiders 2 on it. The touch screen inventory system was a nice addition to that game.