Wild Hearts - EA Monster Hunter Clone

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fucking apes are always the worst! Third story mission or so, fire ape… one shot it but took 23 minutes.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
After putting in more time -

Graphically it's better looking than MH World/Iceborne so completely serviceable.

No PC issues other than sound related on 4k w/ everything at high and capped 60fps. It's randomly loud, randomly cuts all sound etc. typically comes back once I leave the area, but I just turned it off completely to not deal with it.

All of the weapons play super simplistic even by MH standards which is kind of bleh though they all look flashy/feel nice.

Traversing overland is super janky. I never got stuck anywhere but you can literally climb to the top of anything/clip around.

I will probably never use building while fighting unless it's for something like the wall for the pig charge which just makes sense.

Setting up your persistent world is pretty neat.

It could cook for another 6 months to clean it up, but that'll be for everyone to test and complain about per modern gaming releases.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty sure there is hidden weapon mechanics and combos not explained in the training.

Does every weapon go bonkers when you break a part or is it just the hammer?

Skills on weapons and armor seem to unlock new attacks as well but not sure yet.

The human or beast armor upgrades are interesting and look forward to see where it is going.

If only the music wasn’t terrible I could recommend this more.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Poor mans Monster Hunter for sure.

3080ti 3440x1440 at medium setting, never once went over 75FPS. Stayed closer to 55-60, with dips in the 40's. Game will get ripped on PC with it being not very optimized. The textures...they MUST be low res.

Hmmm. The building shit is pretty gimmicky. With monsters just steam rolling over the structure and destroying it sucks. OR they just stay away and won't attack to get within jumping distance. ALONG with the control for attacks mid air are a guess which way you're going to attack fest. It feels more a chore than a help. At least with the umbrella.

Early bosses have horrible tells for some moves. Umbrella says you can parry, but clearly not bosses. Does this game have any sort of iframes?

Music is VERY VERY distracting. I usually leave music on in most games...This has to be turned off! The voice acting got lagged by about 10 seconds for no reason what so ever, during the second boss fight with the guy being hung up somewhere that I couldn't see. The cut scenes were skipped after the sound fucked up, and from then on my cut scenes auto skipped as if I was holding down the space bar.

I probably wouldn't buy this as of right now. Will play the 10 hours just to see if it gets better.

EDIT: Hammer feels pretty good.
The more I watched the streams of this the more turned off I got. Get more of a MHR vibe than MHW as far as graphics and am really not sold on all the building aspects.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not impressed with this game at all on Series X.

Controls are dog shit and unintuitive. Graphically middle of the road. MH:W on PS5 4k60 is way better than this and that game was launched years ago now. However, I do hope Capcom takes from lessons from it. Make Crossplay and Multiplayer much easier in the next rendition.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Don't sleep on the building stuff, you get some really useful stuff later at the very least and some really fun stuff thrown in.

The MH math guys AKA JinJinx and Tuner are all in as well so expect some really good video break downs soon.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. Anyone figure out the blurry ass graphics?

aaa.jpg

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Apparently you get full access even beyond the 10 hour trial right now with EA Play Pro. Anyone tried that? Seems like a game you might want to own if it has long term potential and good end game... but if it's just gonna last you a month it might be worth it for 15 bucks. But fuck EA. lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Apparently you get full access even beyond the 10 hour trial right now with EA Play Pro. Anyone tried that? Seems like a game you might want to own if it has long term potential and good end game... but if it's just gonna last you a month it might be worth it for 15 bucks. But fuck EA. lol
Yeah it is what I am doing.

Staff is nuts! Cannon has some weird learning curve so not messing with that for a while, some good fights so far for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Bow does look sick, sticking with hammer so far. The jump moves into combos are so satisfying.

Anyone figure out how to use hunters arm consistently? Spring into grab on then L2 for hunters arm but I almost never get the L2 prompt.

Oo shit you just have to grab onto the exposed glowing bits. That is an awesome mechanic.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Yeah, that's normal w/ EA Play Pro (the PC sub, dont get it w/ Game Pass). I usually use Madden to justify that annual sub, but that's been a stretch for a year or two.

Dead Space and this game though, probably made it worth it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Somehow I have EA pro. So I guess I will play a bit longer.

Hatorade Hatorade you going to get more than a week outta this?
Yeah I really enjoying it, might even just buy it on steam. I want to see where the weapon trees go at the very least, currently up to level 3 rank hunts.

The weapons only have a few combos which kind of sucks but makes sense when you get into the building side of it, would be too complex to have to build and have MH world type of combos. I really like the building system, it removes all the inventory management of Monster hunter.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying this. It definitely gives me the “just one more run” vibe I get with MH, and loving the building stuff and world shaping. It’s definitely not as deep or fleshed out as MH but I’m really having a good time. This fuckin fire ape aside..

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying it the more I play and I grudgingly accept that the building is less of a pain in the ass than stocking up on mats to keep an inventory of tools especially now with more unlocks that let you counter more of the monster move sets.

I ooked that monkey in the dooker. Having to play way more patiently than MH series to get your licks in and not go out of stamina. The first early mobs get easy quick though with minor upgrades. Been doing my 5 kills for unlocks and they just melt using an elemental fire status katana.

The real test will be if I opt to buy it once the pro sub runs out in a month.