Wild Hearts - EA Monster Hunter Clone

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Played it for a bit, refunded it for now.

I'm on a 3090 and a 5800x3d and couldn't maintain 60fps at 1440p. Just not willing to put up with that nonsense for a game that doesn't even look that good.

Will check back in a few weeks and see if they fixed it I guess.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Jesus their version HR hunts are ROUGH, better be fully geared and feed or you get one shot. Starts with the Mighty Tusk Bore thing and only gets more insane from there. Switched to the Parasol to get good and downed the first "boss" but was a slog, gonna go back to easier stuff and get some weapons to higher tiers.

The alt mighty version of the ape is just... honestly not sure I can beat him solo he is just a non stop random power house while setting the world on fire.

MH world so far is by far easier but maybe because it ramps up a little slower. This one you cruising then you hit a wall of death.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
MH is way easier and not just because I've played it for 15 years. If you get hit by practically anything in this game you get CHUNKED which was mostly reserved for big telegraphed moves in MH and the mobs always seem to be in a permanent rage state within moments of the fight starting vs the rage build up of MH. It also seems the hit boxes are way less forgiving than MH. You can stand in plenty of spots to get damage in and maybe suffer a bit of chip vs this game anywhere you stand isn't safe for most part once they start going. Plus the camera gets awkward as fuck fighting giant monsters in tiny areas and I constantly have to remind myself that the environment is breakable so standing behind huge trees/concrete pillars etc isn't safe =D. Elevation does seem to help a bit but fights like monkey I noticed the big fire pools don't stay on whatever level surface they start and will climb to up to whatever as long as it's within the radius.

Honestly I love the difficulty as it's forcing a really strong hit and run style of play vs face rolling anything I want in MH.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Define weeb shit?

There is nothing in it that Chysamere watches 24/7 like vtubers and cat girls that I have seen, but it takes place in a older Japanese inspired world so far that I've come across. If you can only bust it to 50 year old buff male protagonist shooting minorities for your video games then it would be a look elsewhere. There may have been a trans NPC somewhere in the starter town or just a really pretty dude I couldn't tell and didn't read the text to get back to killing giant beach beavers.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Jesus their version HR hunts are ROUGH, better be fully geared and feed or you get one shot. Starts with the Mighty Tusk Bore thing and only gets more insane from there. Switched to the Parasol to get good and downed the first "boss" but was a slog, gonna go back to easier stuff and get some weapons to higher tiers.

The alt mighty version of the ape is just... honestly not sure I can beat him solo he is just a non stop random power house while setting the world on fire.

MH world so far is by far easier but maybe because it ramps up a little slower. This one you cruising then you hit a wall of death.

Yeah, it doesn't do a good job on the ramp up.

The combat really need to let you take a hit and not get knocked on your ass most times. There are way too many "realistically you will never dodge that move from said monster as mele". Even when I see it coming. The boar flop comes to mind. I can run behind it SOME times. But mostly I just get hit.

The damn dips in FPS really make some fights not worth the effort. Flaming monkey being one.

May come back to this when they give a performance patch for PC. Rarely getting above 60FPS, horrible textures, dated graphics also, just make this a wait and see.

• 1Like

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Supposed to be a performance patch next week, according to some dev on Twitter or Reddit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So the answer so far besides better gear is using your building stuff, the dart is god like with the hammer and completely shuts down the ape.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Define weeb shit?

There is nothing in it that Chysamere watches 24/7 like vtubers and cat girls that I have seen, but it takes place in a older Japanese inspired world so far that I've come across. If you can only bust it to 50 year old buff male protagonist shooting minorities for your video games then it would be a look elsewhere. There may have been a trans NPC somewhere in the starter town or just a really pretty dude I couldn't tell and didn't read the text to get back to killing giant beach beavers.

Weeb shit meaning everyone looks like little kids/cat girls/anime style.

Disappointed there's no jacked males shooting minorities, though. Hopefully in a DLC or something

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
None of that from what I have seen thus far. Seems strictly humasians and some random pocs. None of the current armor/skins go too weeb either afaik. More realism and less Lost Ark.

The char creator is semi robust and they have a cannon for a weapon eventually so it's almost there for the DLC.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone managed to get online on PS5? Must you have an ea account? I attempt to link it on ea login but it's asking me to reset pw many times.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What’s the trick to ice wolf? He’s so fast haha
The spring wall(the one that explodes on its on after like 4 seconds) when he jumping around and snare trap to hold him long enough to get some good shots in. Fire is good, poison is better.

Oh and don't sleep on the elemental lanterns the damage reduction is massive and fairly sure it keeps you from getting knocked over it just pushes you back instead.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Also get use to spring board away instead of dodge rolls you get a ton of I frames from them and only get better with upgrades. I like to spring towards them and get a hit in as I pass through.

32 Hours in and overall I recommend this game, now that I am tuned into the building stuff I get what they going for and it is a really cool evolution to the genre. Can't wait to see the DLC and even a sequel. This being Tecmo I am 100% sure they going to add more weapons.

Downsides include they aren't generous enough with monster parts but they do allow full refunds on weapons for a small amount of gold, this will make end game easier overall but getting there way harder.

Also having to break parts while enraged for the 100% drop is tricky so far. Going to have to make a part breaker build for sure.

Also locking it at 4K 60 with vsync on I don't have any frame issues. I have AMD 5700 stuff.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

For anyone having problems that has been helping some.

I also did the 4k 60 lock and haven't had issues, but Imma try and see if that gets me to the 120 cap =D

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Alright I think I'm addicted. I've done 70 hunts, cleared the first 3 zones and wrapped up 2 of them collecting all the crap for my robot.

Either I'm getting way better now that I'm like 20 hours in or building feels like it's trivializing fights a bit since countering just let's you unleash to the point where if I have my whip katana ready I've locked mobs from knock down to dead before they get to flee multiple times thanks to chain breaking and toppling. Very nice side stuff to mess around with as well that I've seen (ex: town expansion adding player benefits). The material cost of things could be a tad lower, but I guess it only matters if you are a completionist and want to make everything.

Still zero technical problems outside of audio. I can't pin what is causing it, but it desyncs all sound 3-5 seconds and doesn't return until I swap zones.

Real competition for MH if they get it working properly for the masses.

1676708894836.png

• 1Solidarity