Wild Hearts - EA Monster Hunter Clone

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So how is this game for completely solo play, and does it get as grindy as your average MH does late game?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So how is this game for completely solo play, and does it get as grindy as your average MH does late game?

Only played solo so far and probably less so since you can get full refunds on parts. Unless you trying to make and keep every weapon. Still haven’t rolled credits though so
not 100% sure yet.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Multiplayer is much better in this than MH and the ease of finding a group is fantastic… which is good because the mid game and early late game bosses are tough and hit like fucking Mack trucks. Being able to res downed players is huge for losers like me!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They promised a performance fix sometimes next week which is pretty good news, cause the game is pretty sweet aside from running at 40fps.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Don't skip the cutscene when you investigate the fires, it is the dumbest most hype anime monster fight I have ever seen.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Has anyone opened the crossbow repeater? WTF is the trigger to open it?
Glider + Stake + Glider

You can only have 4 of the 8 basics so go into change equipment and setup the 4 you want. I use box/glider/stake/spring for 99% of the hunts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Grinded all damn day and finally have t4 armor and 2 400ish dps weapons. Claw blade (when I want to relax more) and bow (pumps crazy dps but requires much better play). Loving this game but they’re too stingy w parts, or later game armor is a tad too much.

Really pumped to see what kind of dlc comes with this. I like this more than Rise for sure.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Anyone figure out what to craft for best all around attack food? Google is dead to me and haven't seen any sort of wiki.

I've crafted at least 2 dozen varieties (tons of elemental damage/resist ones) and just want to focus on one thing to stock up on.

I've got 4 of the maps unlocked currently and 3 completed of all the collections. Going to bang out the fourth before I start the 5th. Also the snow zone is the first one I've started getting fps drops which was a little annoying when fighting dog.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So it is a three step process, but rice and meat so far have been the highest. Dry the meat, then pickle or smoke it using the best seasoning you can make with more rice or the like. All the +health stacks.

That said I am pretty sure armor>health in this one. It is crazy how much less damage you take with upgraded armor and +% armor food is a thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I powered through and rolled credits last night and you will never guess what the last boss is. Was very surprising.

Also more testing needed but pretty sure the last weapon unlock isn’t going to be the strongest for a lot of builds. One tier above seems to give the more important stats with same damage.

Also things like poison and sleep aren’t on how many hits it is how much damage you do making even slow weapons via. May also be on crit damage but I have poisoned some monsters with one opening smash with the hammer. Makes me wonder what else I am assuming works like monster hunter…

Hammer bros, dart, smash, power charge on hit then swing for an alt combo that does insane stagger. I have chained knock downs with this one.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I powered through and rolled credits last night and you will never guess what the last boss is. Was very surprising.

Also more testing needed but pretty sure the last weapon unlock isn’t going to be the strongest for a lot of builds. One tier above seems to give the more important stats with same damage.

Also things like poison and sleep aren’t on how many hits it is how much damage you do making even slow weapons via. May also be on crit damage but I have poisoned some monsters with one opening smash with the hammer.

Hammer bros, dart, smash, power charge on hit then swing for an alt combo that does insane stagger. I have chained knock downs with this one.

Good! Now come kill a giant laser beaming bird in muh citay!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The graphics are killing me here. Everything white, is just the brightest whites. The FPS dipping below 40 is a bitch. Especially when it's a huge hitch. Every time I build something there is a slight hitch where it dips below 40FPS. Man, when are they putting in a damn graphics patch?!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I've been going through all the cooking processes. I just didn't know if one was more superior than others.

I'm wearing the monkey/icetusk set in kemono side with enough armor/resists to not get 1 shot by anything I have fought so far though I have a 1 shot res perk to stop that from occuring as well. Like a 300 dps weapon and everything falls over so far going through the mighty monsters list. The reason I want as high of damage food as possible is that the repeater and chain trap trivialize every single fight I've seen so far and if you are good about doing hunters arm, you can overcap your kakegurui so that you can do insanely stupid building. I was able to put down 9 repeaters or pounders at the same time with my current thread cap. Having on demand stagger / topple / lock down to give your dps windows the maximize uptime makes it so that fights are basically over by the first zone provided you can spend a minute dodging while your meter builds.

Basically I find -> build meter -> trap once meter is full and beat down. It's either dead in first area or limping off near death into second area.

Also the elemental procs do pop off without needing full build up. I run a fire weapon, 1% poison talisman and 1% sleep talisman and they go off independently of each other regardless of first or 100th hit.

So it is a three step process, but rice and meat so far have been the highest. Dry the meat, then pickle or smoke it using the best seasoning you can make with more rice or the like. All the +health stacks.

That said I am pretty sure armor>health in this one. It is crazy how much less damage you take with upgraded armor and +% armor food is a thing.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The graphics are killing me here. Everything white, is just the brightest whites. The FPS dipping below 40 is a bitch. Especially when it's a huge hitch. Every time I build something there is a slight hitch where it dips below 40FPS. Man, when are they putting in a damn graphics patch?!
Not sure its even a graphic issue. Didn't they say it was a problem with threading? Saw some blurbs on the comments(?) on steam indicating to try and swap your audio output device (speakers>headphone etc..) in game. Could make sense if its a problem with how the audio is being handled by the CPU along with reports of audio dropping out and other sound issues.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

image_2023-02-19_212735138.png
image_2023-02-19_214320484.png

Last edited: