Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jesus Christ. Is this another "can do no wrong" game?
How about just answer the question instead of going the "attack your precious" type of response. Once again, how does one show skill when you are getting little to no visual feedback?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus Christ. Is this another "can do no wrong" game?
It's called options, if you don't want telegraphs, you can turn all them off. People who want them can leave them on, but also change the opacity , turn off certain specific ones, etc. It's win/win.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The answer is: too much seems to be handed on a silver platter and you see everything that's going to happen, all the time. Was just an observation.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just out of curiosity for you guys that got the email, what where your answers on the survey? Mainly how excited you were to play Wildstar.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The answer is: too much seems to be handed on a silver platter and you see everything that's going to happen, all the time. Was just an observation.
Are you just purposely ignoring the fact you can turn it off for yourself? If you don't want your "hand held" then turn them all off and go to town.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No sport, I'm not. The point is, it's on for everyone from the start. It's not about ME having it. It's about ALL players - seemingly - being coddled. This is a place for discussion, is it not?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah so you are one of the people that want your choices/taste to be forced on to others. It's not enough that you play a certain way, you want everyone to play your way. I'd much rather have what we have, where you have the option to play your way, then force any certain way on others because YOU may like it. Granted you have the right to call them carebears all day but you seem to be arguing to remove the options all together and force everyone to not have them at all.

I bet you wouldn't last at all playing this game with telegraphs turned off(Especially when it gets into the more complex abilities later in dungeons/raids).

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
.....OK. I wasn't implying that everyone should play the way I prefer. I was stating an opinion. But, if that's all you got and you're going to get into personal attacks, have at it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought that at first but you actually have to aim shit and can choose when to fire off certain abilities from what they have shown in videos. They have said that telegraphs get more varied and complex as the game goes on. I really have no idea since I haven't played it. One thing that always pissed me off in other games though is knowing I was not standing in shit and still taking damage for it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just out of curiosity for you guys that got the email, what where your answers on the survey? Mainly how excited you were to play Wildstar.
I put my shit to 10, cause I do actually read anything I can about it and even downloaded the mod tool when it was linked :p Maybe why no e-mail for me, no need to attract me anymore.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought that at first but you actually have to aim shit and can choose when to fire off certain abilities from what they have shown in videos. They have said that telegraphs get more varied and complex as the game goes on. I really have no idea since I haven't played it. One thing that always pissed me off in other games though is knowing I was not standing in shit and still taking damage for it.
Like most things, we'll have to see it in action - play it - to get a real idea of how it works, rather than watching videos of the lower level zones. I think more than the telegraphs themselves, was the change they made to show the timer on them; takes away the mystery (and come on, there has to besomemystery to the game, particularly in pvp).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I put my shit to 10, cause I do actually read anything I can about it and even downloaded the mod tool when it was linked :p Maybe why no e-mail for me, no need to attract me anymore.
Yeah I put like a 3 or something, I want it to be good but they are going to have to impress me before I jump on board. I Was just curious if that affected who got in.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you think that is the case, DOTA does exactly the same thing and a big good portion of the population still don't know what half the heroes or spells do. I wouldn't really consider a visual being handheld as there are plenty of other things in the game that seem like they could fuck you if you make too many mistakes.

However, me defending the game is just as dumb as people think you attacking it is, considering neither of us have played it.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like most things, we'll have to see it in action - play it - to get a real idea of how it works, rather than watching videos of the lower level zones. I think more than the telegraphs themselves, was the change they made to show the timer on them; takes away the mystery (and come on, there has to besomemystery to the game, particularly in pvp).
FWIW they are off in PvP, can't turn them on. And to whoever was asking about putting a 10 on excitement level and getting in I know someone that did.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FWIW they are off in PvP, can't turn them on. And to whoever was asking about putting a 10 on excitement level and getting in I know someone that did.
If that's the case then I really don't have any complaints on the telegraph system. It's nice to see they are creating different rules for PVE and PVP, which hasn't really been the case for the mainstream MMOs.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If that's the case then I really don't have any complaints on the telegraph system. It's nice to see they are creating different rules for PVE and PVP, which hasn't really been the case for the mainstream MMOs.
That's because most MMOs scotch-tape PvP onto a finished game and expect it to work. WoW is the perfect example of adding PvP as an afterthought. It's practically a minigame.

This is part of the reason PvP in WoW, and therefore WoW clones, feels incredibly watered down. That and the fact that 99% of it is instanced...