Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Put me in the "no joy" camp. I seem to remember going 7 or 8 on that question for that very reason; are they looking for someone who's interested or are they looking for evangelists? Either way, nothing wrong with no getting in; just saves that extra special first time until later, right? RIGHT?

Different rulesets/skillsets are the only way to do PVP vs. PVE justice and not screw over PvE. If they could only balance the gear the same way, it would be awesome.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That's because most MMOs scotch-tape PvP onto a finished game and expect it to work. WoW is the perfect example of adding PvP as an afterthought. It's practically a minigame.

This is part of the reason PvP in WoW, and therefore WoW clones, feels incredibly watered down. That and the fact that 99% of it is instanced...
I think there is room for 'MMOs with pvp' and pvp 'MMOs' both. This game is looking to have the same pvp options as WoW from what I gather, plus the guild vs guild thingie. Although WoW could easily copy that in the next expansion since the build-your-base sidegame is pretty much the foundation for it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's still weekend only level capped beta shit for this right? Didn't get invited as usual but don't have too much interest in playing that kind of beta anyway, wonder if they'll do an open beta for like a week or two before launch or keep it to stupid weekend events like GW2 did. I guess I'll get more excited about the game when there's a set release date and it's getting close.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
FWIW they are off in PvP, can't turn them on. And to whoever was asking about putting a 10 on excitement level and getting in I know someone that did.
The open world pvp and scenario pvp videos I viewed had telegraphs on in pvp. Maybe it's changed now or for release /shrug

Fougere_sl

shitlord
It's still weekend only level capped beta shit for this right?
I've heard the server are up all days except Monday and Tuesday.

The open world pvp and scenario pvp videos I viewed had telegraphs on in pvp. Maybe it's changed now or for release /shrug
I've never seen PvP without Telegraph. Maybe it depends on the mode (Ranked, non-ranked), don't know. We have to wait for the Patch Note I think ^^

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've heard the server are up all days except Monday and Tuesday.

I've never seen PvP without Telegraph. Maybe it depends on the mode (Ranked, non-ranked), don't know. We have to wait for the Patch Note I think ^^
I may be wrong on that but I was pretty sure it was specifically mentioned that there weren't going to be telegraphs (or maybe it was not as many?) in PvP. I know yours show up unless you turn them off but I haven't tested it myself so I can't say for certain.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
i dont remember telegraphs being turned off in pvp

Fougere_sl

shitlord
I have some question about the Stuff, maybe you guys can give me some answers :

So far, we have 3 distinct way to personalize our characters : Milestones (with pure stats), Skills (with Tiers point) and AMP (with AMP points).

The most versatile is the Skills, which you can swap, Tiers point included, whenever you wants. You can switch from DPS to Tank in 3 scd, nothing to say about that.
The AMP need a respec, so it's more a written-in-the-rock-thing, but seems to be not a major game changer at this point.

But what about the stats ? Like you're questing, and a friend show up, to run a dungeon. Is switching the skills is enough to tank / heal the dungeon, or the fact that your gears don't have the good stats to tank / heal can be a deal breaker ?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's a deal breaker. At around 30 my hp could vary by 25-30% more when gearing for tanking, and my support power was close to double my assault power(tanking abilities scaled off support and dps abilities scaled off assault).

Fougere_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that's what I thinked.

Well, we'll see about the Winter Beta if it's still like that. For me, it's not a big deal, I don't know what you guys think ? It seems getting along with Carbine's will to do a game which Hardcore would love

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Next up: Friend keys. This is an experiment, one in which we think has a lot of promise. I like playing MMO?s with friends, and I tend to cycle out of games that my friends aren?t playing. Why wouldn?t this apply to our beta testers as well? Pretty basic in retrospect, isn?t it? We want you to play in our beta with friends; we think you?ll have a lot of fun here. Thing is, people aren?t necessarily giving them to friends. This was also sort of predictable, and ultimately that?s fine. However, one thing which we wanted to make sure we clearly communicate to everyone about the friend keys is that they are intrinsically linked. We want you to give them to your friends, and we want you to play together. One thing to realize, in part to encourage this behavior: any disciplinary action taken to any of the linked accounts will be shared between the accounts. I.e. if your friend does something bannable, you will likely be banned too. Will you be willing to risk your participation in the beta on your friends? Yep, probably. Someone you don?t know? Less so." source:Beta invite details, friend keys, and future plans : WildStar

So yeah, if anyone is in beta and wants a friend to test stuff with shoot me a whisper
smile.png