Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I see, you pretty much wanted full Guild Vs Guild(no matter numbers) with the warplots.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, at least more than 40 per side. That's quite a good number for many people, but if PRX were to choose to go to Wildstar officially then we're going to have issues if it's capped at 40. I see in today's Feature Friday, the server guy hints at a pvp ruleset realm, so that could be interesting if there is open world pvp. Like most features in this game, it's just wait and see at this point.

Ender4212

So, help me understand this. Those that were invited to beta so far filled out a survey with computer specs? I'm gathering that from Twitter, but I know I've signed up with 3 email accounts and never once gave them any computer spec info other than checking the box when signing up saying that I met the min requirements. Where did these surveys come from? Also, they've said they will be sending the survey out to the rest of us soon apparently.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nope, I just filled out the stock information.

I've been pretty involved in their community though and gave all my user names when applying. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Ender4212

I'll try to find the twitter stuff regarding the survey. Hell maybe I read it wrong

Team WildStar ?@Team_WildStar 10 Apr
@m4gicfe4ther Actually, we start by picking people that have machines that can support the current client. Also, cookies.

Rasmus Tindborg ?@RasmusTindborg 11 Apr
@Team_WildStar How do you know whether their machines can support it? simply from the question in the application?

Team WildStar ?@Team_WildStar 11 Apr
@rasmustindborg We followed up with a survey, and used that information to help us pick some initial testers.

Team WildStar ?@Team_WildStar 2h
@burch_adam We've picked this first round based on people's machines. Subsequent rounds will focus on inviting our loyal fans.

Nathan Berkley ?@Nathan_Berkley 2h
@Team_WildStar Hey, so what's the ETA on the new survey? Lots of fans woul like it so we can be in the running...pretty please?

Team WildStar ?@Team_WildStar 2h
@nathan_berkley We will mail out a link to the new survey to people who have filled out a beta invite.

Ender4212

So does GW2, but it also allowed 100 of us on a lucky night to pvp together. In the end though, you're most likely right especially considering the apparent Camelot Unchained push.

Ender4212

Like I said, 40v40 is quite good....unless you're in a 300+ person guild. Wildstar is really the only game I'm looking forward to at this point, but then again Vanguard taught me to not get too overly hyped about anything too early. From what I've gathered, they say you build your warplot up and then you "slam two together" and then fight basically. Who's to say that in the future more than two warplots can't be involved in a battle?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
people got in just signing up.. nothing special was done. Not even being active in the community.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The pvp sounds fun but hopefully they'll get the chance after release to introduce something a bit more objective based in the open world, preferably persistent.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Woohoo, my Wildstar forum account was validated!
biggrin.png