Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I actually patched up Rift the other day and after logging in went to the forums to see what was what regarding Mage builds and promptly ran away screaming when I saw the sheer number of buttons present in a 'standard rotation' and that was with macros being used!

The presence of a finite number of action slots on the bar in the Wildstar vids makes me happy for this very reason. I never ever want to again be in a situation where I am tracking tons of different DoTs on seperate timers along with procs, cooldowns and reactives. I want to play the game, not the UI.
I have a 60 mage and 55 Warrior. You can macro your entire rotation in Rift into one key. Then with tab targeting and any sort of G or advanced mouse or keyboard you can pretty much autopilot the game. Even without those, you aren't coming anywhere near to the amount of button mashing needed for Wildstar due to the difference in combat systems.

Even without any sort of decent Naga or Logitech G series you can kill most of the critters with minimal button spam.

My problem is I've been approaching combat from an MMO angle when I think those recommending N52 like devices have the right idea.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I can't decide if I wish I were in beta or not. I want to play... but I think I also want it to be fresh at release.
I do like I did with WoW back in the day, play the faction I expect to like the least in Beta to save the faction I want to play in Live.

I'm just a bit disappointed because the class I was planning on playing as a main seems to have shifted so I may not be able to play the race I wanted to.

Still grumpy over the warrior builder change >.<

iannis

Musty Nester
I have a 60 mage and 55 Warrior. You can macro your entire rotation in Rift into one key. Then with tab targeting and any sort of G or advanced mouse or keyboard you can pretty much autopilot the game. Even without those, you aren't coming anywhere near to the amount of button mashing needed for Wildstar due to the difference in combat systems.

Even without any sort of decent Naga or Logitech G series you can kill most of the critters with minimal button spam.

My problem is I've been approaching combat from an MMO angle when I think those recommending N52 like devices have the right idea.
If that's true (for mages, and I sorta don't think it is because of the variable reactive nature of the button pressing) then Rift was even more broken than I was even aware that it was. And I was plenty aware of how broken it is. We may be talking about different things though. In Rift I did have a solo grind mage build that was literally a 1 button macro and I could kill anything. Grouping and raiding was entirely a different thing.

And it actually makes me respect WS more, the fact that they're telling people with gamer mouses to "git gud". lul.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't decide if I wish I were in beta or not. I want to play... but I think I also want it to be fresh at release.
if you dont like questing, save it for launch.

also looks like the friend keys are going out tommorow, so where that list at?

Ryanz

<Banned>
Gimme gimme
biggrin.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wait for the mods for mouselook like TERA.
This. I want to bind builder to left mouse click and maybe something to right click and then hit Alt to come out of that "mode" to use mouse clicks like normal.

Edit: GOne

Troll_sl

shitlord
Iannis is a ravishingly handsome man of impeccable morals and possessing the most monstrous penis this side of the galaxy.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
If that's true (for mages, and I sorta don't think it is because of the variable reactive nature of the button pressing) then Rift was even more broken than I was even aware that it was. And I was plenty aware of how broken it is.
This is only true if you were playing Rift as a casual who didn't care about performing well. In it's peak the Mage DPS rotation was one of the more complex/ cannot-be-macroed rotation there was. Of course if you didn't care about raiding or performing well you certainly could get away with 1 button spam.

I appreciate that the WS devs have been vocal about wanting to maintain raiding for the top % and haven't been shy to tell people that it won't be accessible for everyone. I'd appreciate it even more if they'd release some type of concrete 40 man raid stream of internal testing actually showcasing these difficult raids. The devs who have played on the streams aren't exactly very good (I understand that their focus isn't on showing off their MMO skill set but watching some of the duels & 5 mans, it's clear that they're extremely average players.)

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Still got no key. If someone gets a friend key and doesn't have someone to give it to, I'll gladly take it off of your hands.
smile.png