Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is a pretty interesting interview with Jeremy Gaffney in the Twitch TV video archives with MMORPG.comhttp://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/videos

It's in 3 parts cause the stream broke up. He talks about some really interesting stuff including player made content, the sandbox elements and some other good stuff.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if this game has enough endgame content to keep people occupied until the next expansion rolls around then it's a step in the right direction.
It's a good step in the wrong direction. It will make them money, but it won't help progress the genre.

Silence_sl

shitlord
The fact they thought those retarded red circles is a good idea worries me. It seems it would have been more fun and intuitive to actually dodge or interact with the effects on the screen, rather than focus on circles on the ground
No kidding. Telegraph is an absurd mechanic.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
From the mechanics to the art, this game doesn't appeal to me at all . I liked the trailer when it was first posted sometime last year and thought this would have been an excellent idea for an animated film but the game just seems bland. I found it humorous that they are taking jumping puzzles and vistas from GW2. Somehow I doubt this game will gain much popularity.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's in 3 parts cause the stream broke up. He talks about some really interesting stuff including player made content, the sandbox elements and some other good stuff.
They've piqued my interest, and I'll try to remain cautiously optimistic because they seem to be saying all the right things, but at the same time, all of the features they are talking about the game having makes me leery that the game will lack focus and ultimately be mediocre as it'll be yet another MMO that tries to be everything to everyone.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They've piqued my interest, and I'll try to remain cautiously optimistic because they seem to be saying all the right things, but at the same time, all of the features they are talking about the game having makes me leery that the game will lack focus and ultimately be mediocre as it'll be yet another MMO that tries to be everything to everyone.
We should all have learned by now to not get too excited about games from the marketing. Wildstar does have some very interesting features from what they have talked about.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
There's a small preview over on Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-happy-hunting

"One of Carbine's more startling development statistics is that they're currently making nine square kilometers of new area every eight weeks or so. What is a little surprising, though, is that, variety and density notwithstanding, Deradune isn't currently quite as much fun to explore as I'd expected it to be, regardless of what character I'm trying out. All that density and personality have yet to really fuse into something distinct."

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's a pretty well written preview. I'd suggest reading it. The game will be interesting to follow. I think there might be some interesting PVE in this game.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game was on my radar as it sounded kinda fun, but I've read a few of the articles that came out this week after they invited the press to play and it's been mostly very positive previews, mind you there's rarely ever negative previews.
smile.png

At best it will be a pretty fun MMO, that doesn't seem to change the genre but mostly seems to be trying to refine a lot of stuff. At worse it will be another MMO that will last me the free month that comes from buying the game. It doesn't seem to be that it will be horrible.

Honestly though, most MMO seems to be that these days...30-60 days at most of decent fun. Nothing has kept me interested more then 2 months since WoW/EQ2 release.

The setting and sense of humour makes wish that it will be fun for more then a few months.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Well many MMOs are worth the box price, people just usually look for something that lasts them longer then the free month.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I don't know, perhaps I'm less bitter than some of the folks here but I was rather entertained by their promotional videos and I have always been a sucker for hand drawn landscapes vs. generated. Oddly enough, if you read this side by side with what Mark Jacobs is saying about CU, they are almost in direct opposition to one another. It's good to have competition and choices and I think Wildstar might have quite a bit of fun within.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I wish these games would give us more than just a handful of classes to choose from. I really miss diversity in MMOs.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Currently there are, I think, four released classes? Warrior, Pistoleer, Psych-person and Rogue-like. I would imagine there will be 3-4 more.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Game looks like it has a ton of promise. I love the sandbox warzone they talk about. It's not a deal breaker but I really hope they tone down the telegraph mechanic. It's just way too in your face for my liking. A thin outline like GW2 is more then enough. I don't need to see huge orange boxes and circles everywhere.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I kind of like the telegraph thing. It adds another element to the game, especially if they do something interesting with player to player interaction and combos. If I see your telegraph attack on the ground and then I do something over it, then we get a super move. That would be cool. I always thought the GW2 combo system is always too random and limited. It also happens too fast to really take advantage of unless you're planning shit on skype.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I kind of like the telegraph thing. It adds another element to the game, especially if they do something interesting with player to player interaction and combos. If I see your telegraph attack on the ground and then I do something over it, then we get a super move. That would be cool. I always thought the GW2 combo system is always too random and limited. It also happens too fast to really take advantage of unless you're planning shit on skype.
True enough. I'd be interested to get your opinion when you actually see it in use at PAX.