Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll buy it just cause it will have a dungeon finder at launch. That shit needs to be a requirement for now on.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Idk...game looks good to me. I like the art style. Features aren't all new but if they launch with all that, they'd be ahead of 95% of the games that launched on the last 5 years.

Caliane

weird. is there 2 threads for this or something?
Could have sworn I commented on the before.

Man, someone linked me this video a while back.
holy balls the animator on this was having the time of his life.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Really went with the arcade feel, which is neat....but I'm pretty much done with any game that goes with two factions.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll buy it just cause it will have a dungeon finder at launch. That shit needs to be a requirement for now on.
Design a multiplayer game and include a way to make it easier for people to play together? Bwaaah!?

Sadly it just looks like another wow questgrind clone with housing.
I don't know. Art design aside, it does seem like they're trying to differentiate themselves from WoW by adding a lot of depth. Besides the housing, there are the various paths (which they really haven't given a ton of detail on so far), the warplot system, and the "telegraphs". Personally, I'm just glad that, based on the video ThunderCougarFalconBird posted, that it looks like you'll be limited to 9 abilities at a time. That alone is a really nice step away from the WoW style of gameplay.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This would be much more exciting if it was a true shooter. But sadly it just looks like another tab target, lock on type combat that is getting old and stale. In fact from that video it looks awfully like TSW combat, including the pre-telegraphed, get out of the way, mob abilities. And TSW combat was pretty lackluster.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This would be much more exciting if it was a true shooter. But sadly it just looks like another tab target, lock on type combat that is getting old and stale. In fact from that video it looks awfully like TSW combat, including the pre-telegraphed, get out of the way, mob abilities. And TSW combat was pretty lackluster.
It uses a combination of free form targeting and normal targeting. The combat and pvp team was onredditlast week.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've said this a few times already, but when I played the game in 2011, it felt good and the animations were sharp. I don't remember there being free form targeting, but I didn't play for very long.