Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Hate to say, game is kinda boring. And the ui/controls are not very intuitive. They are not hard, but they are awkward enough to be annoying until you figure them out...

misery_sl

shitlord
I'd probably try this game out on launch if it was F2P. As with ESO, and anything else that came out recently, I'll be on the bench for this round of launches. Even though I'm pretty much dying to get into another great MMORPG.

spronk

FPS noob
if you haven't played it yet try FF14, while its 100% a 2005-style MMO it pulls it off decently, the combat is decent, the classes are good enough, the "story"/lore is some fucked up anime style shit, and its a dirt cheap game.

Can get it on sale all the time for $5-15, monthly subs are only $12, and one character can literally do everything - every class, profession, gear loadout, etc. it gets boring as fuck after a month or two when its just grindfest, but that month is pretty good especially considering the extremely low cost and no p2w bullshit.

best of all its the same servers for pc/ps3/ps4 so you can play it on the couch on the big TV if you want, although ps4 version is currently in beta or something so not fully available yet

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'd probably try this game out on launch if it was F2P. As with ESO, and anything else that came out recently, I'll be on the bench for this round of launches. Even though I'm pretty much dying to get into another great MMORPG.
im with you here, I wasn't convinced enough in beta that its worth the box price + sub.

as much as I love to play an mmo just to see the end game content and get a good 3-4 months out of it, this game didn't capture me in that aspect at all, its very lackluster, especially the combat hands down the biggest let down.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sad to hear the combat is lackluster. I didn't get into beta, but was hoping this game would be worth a go.

iannis

Musty Nester
What's the next MMO even coming out? EQ:N? TESO and Wildstar seem to basically be it for a while.

Next gen? Try last gen.

I'd probably be more upset if I cared.

skylan_sl

shitlord
What's the next MMO even coming out? EQ:N? TESO and Wildstar seem to basically be it for a while.

Next gen? Try last gen.

I'd probably be more upset if I cared.
I think I'm with you on that one. I keep playing these games, getting to max level (having a decent time doing it) and then realizing I never want to raid again and I'm just left with the feeling that I wasted a bunch of time. Also, not thrilled about the way the games are going where the end game content is pretty much 'dance dance revolution' without the physical activity and an extra serving of nerd rage if you miss one of the 30 steps. Maybe I suck at gaming, maybe I just don't have the time to learn the sequence of abilities for each of the 8 waves on the primal bosses. Either way, just not fun for me anymore.

As for Wildstar, I've been in a lot of betas. This is the first game I haven't been able to get a character out of the teens. Not because of difficulty, but because of sheer boredom. I haven't played since just after the medic was added so take that however you want.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Pre-ordered from GMG. Played two betas.

First beta was okay. Played all days available; bopped around, tried both sides and had some average fun exploring around.. giggling at the 'LEVEL UP!!!' stuff and other cute things. Figured game would pick up/change a bit later (got to 17).

Last beta I logged in, played for about 2 hours and didn't log back. The game has a lot of things to do, but it's not as nearly as funny or interesting as it looked. Combat isn't bad but it's just way too distracting and busy. Not that I was looking for improved WoW, but I found nothing in the game like WoW except the template, looks and design, but none of the real actual engrossing fun. My personal verdict? Not worth a sub whatsoever although it's a perfectly good/viable F2P candidate for silliness' sake... something you could log into for an hour then back out.

Just a tip: if you are unsure whether you want to buy this game or not, get a key as some have done. If you really want to order, make sure youdo it NOT through Green Man Gaming unless you're committed. The discount they usually give is great but that's only if you're absolutely SURE you're going to buy this thing. I contacted them for a refund or store credit for future purchases from them, and their policy is because they send you a beta key... it's yours.

GMG_sl said:
I am sorry to hear that you want a refund on this productbut unfortunately I am unable to give you a refund or credit on this itemas we have already sent you a key.

Part of our Terms & Conditions and refund policy, state thatonce the key has been distributed, we are unable to give a refund/credit on the purchase.
I then looked on the official WildStar site and their refund policy seems far better:

WS_sl said:
What do I do if I decide I want to cancel and get a refund of my pre-order?

If you decide that you no longer want to have a pre-ordered copy of WildStar, please contact the retailer from which you pre-ordered the game from to inquire about a refund/cancellation. Please note that each retailer may have a different refund policy regarding pre-orders.If you pre-ordered WildStar directly from our store, please Submit a Ticket so that we may review your refund request.
TLDR: Totally all totes about WildStar? Buy it from GMG or other sites when they give decent discounts. Not sure if it has a STD? Buy it directly from the company and if you don't like it, you probably have a lot more recourse.

I'll buy again from GMG because their deals are really good, but that was my first direct MMO purchase from them and not used to eating $60 like that.

Del

Vyemm Raider
You have to preorder if you want easy access to the remaining weekend betas. Otherwise you have to look out for the weekend beta key giveaways.

RyuVsJaquio_sl

shitlord
Warplot today was slightly better than usual; some of the plugs actually functioned to a degree. The performance issues still remain however, so unless this improves greatly I can see people avoiding the game mode altogether. Can't imagine it being fully functional by launch, hoping they push it to post-launch.