Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
well, i never had any fps problem, but tons of ui errors/slow loading from char screen to game, some heavy freeze everytime i used a taxi and so on.
Doing what they suggest fixed all of the aforementioned.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well, i never had any fps problem, but tons of ui errors/slow loading from char screen to game, some heavy freeze everytime i used a taxi and so on.
Mine was a fresh install. Though I havent played in the last 2 betas. I figured they would just smooth out whatever is causing the problem with the newer Geforce cards by the time it comes out on retail. My drivers are the latest available, too.
frown.png

Xenos_sl

shitlord
At 50, esper is mid pack dps wise along with warrior. Medics, stalkers, and engineers shine. Spellslinger is last and needs a review asap to fix their dependence on 2 skills.

Those spellslingers you see at low level doing good dps are abusing an exploit that's getting patched. Then they'll go back to the bottom unless they get a boost in other places.
So that's the story with DPS? What's the story with tanking?

Column_sl

shitlord
That thread you posted has allot of fixes in it besides the main one.

I did a fresh install, then deleted that folder you linked.
Also they talk about some of the default add ons that might be causing issues.
Replcaed them with Bijiplates and PotatoeUI

I went from 40 in the populated areas to 65 on max settings.

Outside of town im around 100.

So one of those fixes helped.

iannis

Musty Nester
Medics and Engi's get big aoe damage from range. Stalkers get big burst damage from close. The problem with stalker is the problem with thief classes in any game, just proximity. You gotta know which telegraphs you can ignore and which ones you MUST dodge. Which can be fun with friends, and torture with pugs.

Engi/Medics are a little easier.

Engi/Stalker/Warrior all tanked 5mans just as well as each other. If anything Stalkers might be the slightly better tanks out of the three.

DMK_sl

shitlord
After playing Dominion Esper I wasn't going to pre order the game.. I gave Spellslinger Exile a go and it's a completely different experience. MUCH better. Still a bit bland but no where near as bad as dominion esper.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well fired this up and played through the tutorial. It is pretty bland though so far. Just your typical on rails MMO with no hook that I can see that would keep me interested. I don't mind level questing if it's something that's somewhat interesting but with this I was just mindlessly just clicking accept and complete. I actually do like the art style though. Can someone tell me how (if possible) this gets better after leaving the tutorial?

Caliane

Well fired this up and played through the tutorial. It is pretty bland though so far. Just your typical on rails MMO with no hook that I can see that would keep me interested. I don't mind level questing if it's something that's somewhat interesting but with this I was just mindlessly just clicking accept and complete. I actually do like the art style though. Can someone tell me how (if possible) this gets better after leaving the tutorial?
Its an on rails mmo. if that is not your thing, you will never like it.

for its hook.
The skill loadout/amp system is pretty good.
They tried to do the path thing. not a fan of that personally.
Housing is the best in any game ever.
Adventures, which are sortof choose your own adventure dungeons are pretty good too.

Didnt get to warplots or anything yet.

Caliane

for its hook.
Adventures, which are sortof choose your own adventure dungeons are pretty good too.

my 560ti gets a stable 60-90fps at all times. Issues are a card by card thing.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

for its hook.

At what levels do you get into housing and adventures?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Housing is 14, Adventures 15, dungeon 18 iirc(might be 20). Housing and group stuff is definitely good. Leveling is awful.

Caliane

15 or so.

Main city for housing. Although you won't be able to afford the cool shit. so may not really get a good idea of how much control you have.
Visiting other player houses might let you see. Or check the dev stream

In fact, things to add. housing needs to be level 5 or something. Its already annoying you get decor long before you get your house.
Sort of one of the other problems. Traveling to other areas is a giant pain in the ass in this game.

Like, Gw2, you can leave your zone, and go to any other to play with a friend no problem. going all the way back to WoW. Same deal. yes running from Stormwind, to menethil and Darnassus is a pain, but very doable.
here, You can't do it at all. (I think). The starter zone ends with a transport. you might be able to run over mountains or something... but its not intended at all. there is no road.
And even the second zone, running to the main city, not sure there is a path at all for Algoroc, and while there is one for celestion, its not safe. or really clear. this is lame.
You don't even see your first bank till like level 12.

velk

Trakanon Raider
You can't do it at all. (I think). The starter zone ends with a transport. you might be able to run over mountains or something... but its not intended at all. there is no road.
And even the second zone, running to the main city, not sure there is a path at all for Algoroc, and while there is one for celestion, its not safe. or really clear. this is lame.
You don't even see your first bank till like level 12.
You can, the path to algoroc from the main city is just through the underground tunnels, you come out of the mountain se of the town there. Be warned though that going into the starter zones puts you at the start of the starter zone, rather than the end, so it's a long hike to get out again ;p

It's also not that hard to go back and forth, just have to try and avoid running through the celestion side while the zombie invasion public event is running.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So that's the story with DPS? What's the story with tanking?
At raid level I can't say personally, but reports are that stalker and engineer tank are pretty close but warrior has huge threat problems. This seems to be a problem at lower level as well since last patch - the war tank I ended up in hycrest with lost aggro every few seconds ( was in right mode, and using support skills, and taunting ) and was so frustrated he said he was going back to engineer ;p

Raid DPS used to be Stalker>Warrior>Others>>SS, but with the last round of buffs and nerfs it's now apparently Stalker>>Others.

As far as playing them goes, from 1 up to 20, warrior tank sucks, don't know above that, >15 engineer tank is good fun - even in dps mode just pull like 5-6 packs, activate the power armor and hose them all down ;p. Stalker starts a champ at level 1 and stays pretty much the same through 25.

Gecko_sl

shitlord

for its hook.

The closest comparison I can make is Rift. Although I prefer the old style combat of that game over Wildstar. Rift's housing is better, in my opinion. It looks like Wildstar will have better raiding.

The endgame is supposedly geared towards hardcore Raiders, and does look better than Rift. I didn't do any, but the videos and feedback have been pretty good.

I have to admit that interests me, but I'm just not sure if I can stomach another themepark grind.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The path concept sounded good in theory but it is a fucking pita if you are leveling with someone. Someone mentioned it before, it should have been a post 50 advancement option.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The path concept sounded good in theory but it is a fucking pita if you are leveling with someone. Someone mentioned it before, it should have been a post 50 advancement option.
Don't do it until post 50? The paths actually reward you for doing the shit with people of other paths (extra path xp and shit).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Don't do it until post 50? The paths actually reward you for doing the shit with people of other paths (extra path xp and shit).
Yea, it actually makes more sense to group and have all 4 paths... only one that is 'off the beaten path' more often than not is explorer, so that might not be worth waiting for someone to finish a jumping puzzle they are awful at.