Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Issue with "telegraphs" in Neverwinter: They're all the same color so it's difficult to prioritize if I can't totally avoid them. I'd like some color and shape variety to break up the the spam of red highlights on the ground into more comprehensible blocks. I hope these guys are going to add more variety.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, and why I presented it here should be obvious. I haven't seen Cryptic use the term telegraph.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, thats where I seem to fall as well with my playtime. I have tons of time to play, but not in a scheduled 7PM type raid environment like most of the raiding type guilds adhere to. I think it would be pretty hard for me to come home from work, say fuck you to my wife and kids, and then proceed to raid for the next 4-5 hours.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, thats where I seem to fall as well with my playtime. I have tons of time to play, but not in a scheduled 7PM type raid environment like most of the raiding type guilds adhere to. I think it would be pretty hard for me to come home from work, say fuck you to my wife and kids, and then proceed to raid for the next 4-5 hours.
Yeah, I have plenty of time to play as well. I can even conform to a "start time". However, I usually have frequent AFKs I might have to make and I'd rather not subject 19-39 other people to that shit. I like what I'm hearing about solo content. That is one reason why I wished I could have enjoyed EQ2. They had quite a few solo dungeons. I love that kind of stuff.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Yea, and why I presented it here should be obvious. I haven't seen Cryptic use the term telegraph.
Ah.

Yeah, I have plenty of time to play as well. I can even conform to a "start time". However, I usually have frequent AFKs I might have to make and I'd rather not subject 19-39 other people to that shit. I like what I'm hearing about solo content. That is one reason why I wished I could have enjoyed EQ2. They had quite a few solo dungeons. I love that kind of stuff.
Even "solo" dungeons where I could bring a friend - something for one or two people. I really miss playing with real life friends because we can't do raid-level shit, or even five-mans for just two people. The philosophy of just duoing with a friend was lost somewhere along the way, but for me it was always the most enjoyable aspect of EQ - partnering up with a shaman friend and crushing mobs (and places) that normally we couldn't solo. That element has been totally missing.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I really love this:

Soloers PVE?ers (IMO under-served in most MMOs oddly as they are 65+% of the playerbase in most western MMOs) get more than rep grinds and dailies by having solo story dungeons released regularly, dynamic PQ content (most to be revealed down the road), big frequent updates, housing stuff, good tradeskilling, and more.

That pretty much defines my play lately. I'm down for some old-school NTOV type shit occasionally, but my play time is so limited that, if a game could really hit the solo-PVE crowd the right way and offer more of those solo story dungeons and reward appropriately, I'd be all in.
I'm glad they said this, and I hope they back it up. In WoW everyone gets funneled into progressively less solo-friendly content as they consume content. A raider can consume the solo, group, and raid content. A soloer hits max level and basically runs out of content for their character rapidly. There should be meaningful ways to improve your character regardless of the activity you prefer, and as the man said, this is an incredibly popular activity. They're doing themselves a disservice every time someone feels they're "done", which likely affects this large demographic more frequently in absolute numbers.

I'd really also like more diverse group content, like static group content or harvesting stuff assuming harvesting is a time sink ala WoW. If 5 of my friends want ore and we're all bored of farming ore or gold to buy it, we could group up and kill the elite rock elementals that either drop it or guard large nodes. Elemental farming in WoW was an annoying solo activity for a long time where I had the friends and the shared need for them, but no content that could support more than two of us in a location.

Caliane

Elder game is a terrible term. Why do we need to change endgame? Sounds like some focus group bullshit.
honestly, its better then "end game".

End game as a term has several problems.

1. it trivializes everything that came first. The word implies a race, in there is a start and a finish and that everything before the END is meaningless. A term that suggests aging, and periods is much better. as it means those earlier periods are valid on their own.
2. End is the end until there is something even more ender(sp?), when the expansion comes out? What is new content that is added after the end game? the term doesnt make much sense when the bar is constantly being moved.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck that....

rrr_img_23613.jpg
rrr_img_23614.jpg

VS

rrr_img_23615.jpg

rrr_img_23613.jpg

rrr_img_23614.jpg

rrr_img_23615.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Even "solo" dungeons where I could bring a friend - something for one or two people. I really miss playing with real life friends because we can't do raid-level shit, or even five-mans for just two people. The philosophy of just duoing with a friend was lost somewhere along the way, but for me it was always the most enjoyable aspect of EQ - partnering up with a shaman friend and crushing mobs (and places) that normally we couldn't solo. That element has been totally missing.
Completely agree. I have a group of about 5-6 RL friends that I game with regularly and if we'reallon at the same time, it works out great. However, it very rarely happens that way. Typically only 2-3 of us are on at a time, leaving us just outside what's needed for your typical MMO "group".

xzi

Mouthbreather
Solo content is often overdone in MMO's which is scary, but if they don't emphasize on only the solo stories then I think I'll be totally fine with it.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
honestly, its better then "end game".

End game as a term has several problems.

1. it trivializes everything that came first. The word implies a race, in there is a start and a finish and that everything before the END is meaningless. A term that suggests aging, and periods is much better. as it means those earlier periods are valid on their own.
2. End is the end until there is something even more ender(sp?), when the expansion comes out? What is new content that is added after the end game? the term doesnt make much sense when the bar is constantly being moved.
Bullshit, the reason they did this is simple and obvious. It's the same reason we don't have secretaries, nobody is a customer but instead a guest, and retards are now the handicapped. Endgame made sense to anyone who needed to understand the term, don't be a douchebag.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Who gives a shit what it's called you faggots are just going to be complaining about it in 8 months