Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Make sure and pull some weight and get everyone else that referenced you as our guild leader in too!
This! Or no more shilling!

Honestly I half enjoy the lore. It seems like all these f2p mmos I just click accept and done without ever reading a quest. I'm hoping Wildstar has at least semi-interesting lore because I plan on reading quests this time around.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ditto^ ..I haven't been interested in Lore since I was still playing WoW. Then again, I was a fan of warcraft beforehand so that may have helped. I'm definitely looking forward to read some quests, and hopefully there's some badass chains.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
http://wildstar.junkiesnation.com/20...e-1-factor-in/

Game director on elder game philosophy and the 1%.
Post was a good read. The only real issue is whether or not they can actually deliver on what it is they're saying. I mean, it's all very well & good to talk about creating difficult content that makes others want to get there eventually but I'd love some type of proof that showcases that they have this type of content in Wildstar and will be available for release. I'd also argue that while it's correct to say that the '1%ers' are vocal, so are the casual people whowillcomplain if content is too difficult for average_house_mom01.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, its stupid, is it not?
Offensively so.

I don't really agree with that article, though the wording is a little vague. Tuning things around the top 1% of all your players might be okay, but I still think that's a little too focused. Turning around 1% of just your raiders would be some absolutely asinine shit, because those guys are batshit insane. Tuning around your top 5% of players is a lot more reasonable, but if you're talking just raiders I'd never tune for anything higher than the top 10% at most.

And personally I'd hope a game now a days offers a lot more than just raiding/pvping at the end game, I'm really burnt out on that.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Offensively so.

I don't really agree with that article, though the wording is a little vague. Tuning things around the top 1% of all your players might be okay, but I still think that's a little too focused. Turning around 1% of just your raiders would be some absolutely asinine shit, because those guys are batshit insane. Tuning around your top 5% of players is a lot more reasonable, but if you're talking just raiders I'd never tune for anything higher than the top 10% at most.

And personally I'd hope a game now a days offers a lot more than just raiding/pvping at the end game, I'm really burnt out on that.
No offense man, but the linked comments seem to echo your thoughts here almost exactly aside from getting hung up on the 1% term, which is just nomenclature in this instance to mean minority.

Sean_sl

shitlord
No offense man, but the linked comments seem to echo your thoughts here almost exactly aside from getting hung up on the 1% term, which is just nomenclature in this instance to mean minority.
Well, I took it a bit literally since I've seen things actually designed around that number and they have destroyed guilds. M'uru anyone?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Offensively so.

From what I've gathered, Raids will be released for the 1% and then over time, they will be nerfed to be more accessible. They have never mentioned what "over time" means if that is 3 months or a year.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Did they say anything about gear resets with expansions and limitations on name changes / server transfers (reputation should matter and these 2 features ruin them).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From what i understand, "elder game" is an industry term apparently. It's just that the Wildstar people have decided to bash us over the head with it.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't give a shit what they call it. If they are afraid of using the word 'end' then whatever. Make it work and call it whatever the fuck you want.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
http://wildstar.junkiesnation.com/20...e-1-factor-in/

Game director on elder game philosophy and the 1%.
I really love this:

Soloers PVE'ers (IMO under-served in most MMOs oddly as they are 65+% of the playerbase in most western MMOs) get more than rep grinds and dailies by having solo story dungeons released regularly, dynamic PQ content (most to be revealed down the road), big frequent updates, housing stuff, good tradeskilling, and more.

That pretty much defines my play lately. I'm down for some old-school NTOV type shit occasionally, but my play time is so limited that, if a game could really hit the solo-PVE crowd the right way and offer more of those solo story dungeons and reward appropriately, I'd be all in.